PDA

View Full Version : Invited to a game I can't play?

SlipperyJim
10-06-2010, 08:06 AM
This morning, one of my characters was spammed with invitations to join a friend in Skeller Krunch Returns. No offense to the Devs, but I haven't bought Skeller Krunch Returns. Therefore, I couldn't join the game even if I'd wanted to do so.

(I already had a good group going in AO2, which I didn't want to leave anyway.)

So my suggestion is: Please disable the Invite button on the Friends list when you're playing a map that your friend doesn't own. Should be simple, right?

Vyvin
10-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Or add a do not disturb function!
/Vyvin

Riccits
10-06-2010, 08:20 AM
i would agree with Vyvin... some ppl really press x-times the invite button, and so my screen is full of letters.... then i could scream :)

jonboy
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
yes big stab with the +10 pointy stick to invite spammers.

Though I generally reply to friends with "in a game atm sry"

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I like the idea of a DND button. Sometimes you're in the middle of a bunch of mobs in a row and don't have time to type out an answer (maybe I just need to work on my multi-tasking skills ;) ). It would also let people know you're not blowing them off, just busy.

FluffNStuff
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Agree with a DND button. I used to remove friends that would spam invites (like 5 in a row), but with AO3 and the frustration of fighting the bosses, I am getting a ton of them, and don't feel like eliminating my friends list because they are having trouble. I also think there should be a grayed out join button for people in a full game. I can though say THANK YOU to the devs for adding the location to the invite message, as I was getting a lot of invites to maps I had not unlocked the first day of AO3, and that would have been a huge pain if I tried joining them.

SlipperyJim
10-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Okay, I like the Do Not Disturb idea, but it's not the same as my suggestion.

In the particular case I mentioned, I would have been happy to be invited into an AO2 game to get Aereus a little closer to lvl 45. I probably would have been open to an invite into a game on any other map that I own, just because it's fun to play with friends. However, there is absolutely no point in sending me an invitation into a Skeller Krunch Returns game, because I don't own that content. I can't join that game, no matter what, even if I want to join.

(I know that I could purchase Skeller Krunch Returns, but I'm honestly not interested. All of my characters are well beyond the levels for that content, and I'm busy with AO2 for now. Then I'll purchase AO3. Maybe I'll purchase Skeller Krunch Returns after I'm done with AO3....)

Therefore, my suggestion is: When you're playing a map that your friend doesn't own, please disable the Invite button for that friend.