PDA

View Full Version : Gurgox = Game of Musical Chairs

FluffNStuff
10-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I have decided that despite him killing me a TON of times, Gurgox is my favorite boss fight. I prefer him to the OverLoard because there is NO reason to use armor pots as they will not save you from his special attack. Now of course the best way to do it is for everyone in the party to stake claim to an orb at the beginning and for people to only use their orb. But of course you can't control everyone so you get those mowons who grab MULTIPLE orbs at the WRONG time. At this point the fight turns into musical chairs, because when the Music Stops (Gurgox Growls), you start racing others to the orbs, and if you are the unlucky one who gets caught without it ... [BOOM], you are eliminated. Armor pot or not, you ain't making it through a 2000 point hit.

TwinkTastical
10-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Yup, its called, pick an orb and gtfo my orb =D

Now, youve got the guy with the staff as big as a building.... makes me feel like a stress ball.

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
haha gurgox is definitely my FAVOURITE boss out of all. haha.he always makes me laugh while i'm playing

*laughs at other people dying* :P

Vyvin
10-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Gurgox is a beast!
/Vyvin

TwinkTastical
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

- multiple 432795795739 damages-

Drewl90
10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
the best thing to do is to steal someone elses green orb. :D. har har. then they start panicking and then they die. LOL

KingFu
10-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Best boss fight ever. Funny for the people that don't know how to kill him lmao

FluffNStuff
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Best boss fight ever. Funny for the people that don't know how to kill him lmao

Before I or my team knew how the first day, we were stuck on him for like a half hour. I then had to break for dinner and came back an hour later, and the team was still there. He came close to driving me insane that first day.

Also, as a side note, distance does not seem to help. Dawn can attest that she was outside the room as the standby rezzer and still got zapped. I think the best bet would be to have a stand by rezzer camped at their own orb. Oh, and if someone steals the rezzer's orb ... DEATH!!!!!

King Richie
10-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I actually love that fight so much its just by far the most fun !!

KingFu
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Hahaha, yesterday Draq and I were racing to the lazar orb left, I had a speed pot, snatched it, and he died, it was pretty funny. Best boss ever imo

FluffNStuff
10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Hahaha, yesterday Draq and I were racing to the lazar orb left, I had a speed pot, snatched it, and he died, it was pretty funny. Best boss ever imo

That reminds me, the ONLY pot that might help you there is the Speed pot. Nice!

CanonicalKoi
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
(singing) Hey! You! Get offa my orb! (with all due apologies to the Rolling Stones) Haven't made it that far....should be "fun". ;)

Snakespeare
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
I've only done this fight twice. The second time the people started arguing and left. The first time the kept telling me to wait outside with my bird, so I got my tank instead. And they told me not to use any orbs.

I would like to try this fight with a group who picks their orbs.

Question: so, as an archer, I take an orb at the back of the room, or the middle? Or, what is the recommended arrangement?

Chickdigcookies
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
fight in the middle...if you can. someone spam, RUN TO ORBS! as soon as the gorwling begins. The growling is about 5 seconds, while the orb lasts 3, so you have to time it...then back to dps.

Arterra
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
i call the rest of today G time for me. if anybody wants me for this, add me and look out for me...

BeardedBear
10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Nice thread. I absolutely hate when I'm doing the tanking, fighting him close to an orb I've already been picking up, and a ranged player grabs the same orb I've been staking claim to.

Results in whole party dying because tank is dead.

Ellyidol
10-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone notice his cue not going off at times? I always listen up then next thing I know he does his zap thing anyway -.-

Gavry
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
My issue with him is I quite often play with my phone muted. Pocket Legends is a fantastic game to play on the couch when your better half is watching some boring TV program. I may be in the minority, but I would like to see audible queues like this complimented with some visual element as well. That will mean that, for those of us who play with no volume, or hearing impaired people, can still enjoy the whole experience.

FluffNStuff
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
My issue with him is I quite often play with my phone muted. Pocket Legends is a fantastic game to play on the couch when your better half is watching some boring TV program. I may be in the minority, but I would like to see audible queues like this complimented with some visual element as well. That will mean that, for those of us who play with no volume, or hearing impaired people, can still enjoy the whole experience.
He has a visual cue. You see him start to glow red and suck in energy. Not as good as the growl but works in a pinch.