PDA

View Full Version : Which skills to get?

Bluepinixy
04-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi im new to the sorcerer, and I'm wondering which skills for pve I should get.
I prefer being the support so if you could help please tell me which passives/skills I should get and what upgrades would be most helpful.

maneatingtree
04-07-2013, 09:29 AM
I advise an aggressive play style as mage, using time shift, fireball, heal and lightning (can be switched out with any other skill). Time shift add ons: get the 1st, 3rd, 4th upgrades. This increases the initial damage, and stops MOST enemies in their tracks and gives them decent damage, plus the spells 5m RADIUS, gives it a 10m DIAMETER, downside is the 10 sec cool down. Fireball add ons: 1st, 2nd , 3rd upgrades. This first increases the fireballs radius and then gives it decent burning damage over 5 second and stuns the group of enemies in the fireballs radius. Heal upgrades: only the second one. This gives you a nice 10-12% mana heal which saves you so many pots. Lightning add ons: 1st and 3rd. The first one gives a 15% damage increase, the sognificant thing about this is that it actually is displayed on the information of damage, you actually notice the 15% in the damage, secondly the 250% damage on crit can let you hit really hard, best used with a pet that gives crit (horton, ribbit, etc...)

Passives: 5 in intellegence for the obvious damage and mana, 5 in might for the 250 health or 5 in agility for the extra damage/crit/dodge (though its not to significant) i put mine in agility, and the last 2 points i put in might. You could also put those into the heal so that its an heal and the other point to make it heal health over time.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck to you. This is my build at 26 and it works nicely, i am pure int btw and using a gun helps alot, it helps the aiming and the damage, which affects all your skills. Ignore the low DPS and try to go for lots of base damage

dotExe
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
i would like to try this build, is it a good build for pve?

JaytB
05-08-2013, 11:38 AM
i would like to try this build, is it a good build for pve?

For PvE I'd either go for:

Fire, ice, light, time

Or

Gale, fire, ice, time

Life giver just feels like a waste because in PvE you'll have health/mana pots. I'd much more prefer to have an additional dmg skill instead of life giver. Ice is also really underrated because of an.. ehm.. let's just say a wrong description of one its subskills.

It's also personal preference though :)

Rare
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I use Gale, Fire, Lifegiver, Ice (boss)

or

Gale, Fire, Lifegiver, Time (mobs)

I dunno what it is about crowd control that I love so much and gale is awesome for that. Especially in elite Nordr when these archer mobs like to hang out on those ice patches.

Otawaazavie
05-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Fire, ice, light, time

I second that build

dotExe
05-09-2013, 01:34 AM

Fire, ice, light, time

Or

Gale, fire, ice, time

Life giver just feels like a waste because in PvE you'll have health/mana pots. I'd much more prefer to have an additional dmg skill instead of life giver. Ice is also really underrated because of an.. ehm.. let's just say a wrong description of one its subskills.

It's also personal preference though :)

On my other character i tried this build (fire,time,light,life)on my first character actually, and i agree with you lifegiver seems useless because after a run i still use a lot of pots, on the builds you recommend (fire,ice,light,time) and (fire,ice,light,gale) how could i upgrade this skills ?

SuRfY
05-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I advise an aggressive play style as mage, using time shift, fireball, heal and lightning (can be switched out with any other skill). Time shift add ons: get the 1st, 3rd, 4th upgrades. This increases the initial damage, and stops MOST enemies in their tracks and gives them decent damage, plus the spells 5m RADIUS, gives it a 10m DIAMETER, downside is the 10 sec cool down. Fireball add ons: 1st, 2nd , 3rd upgrades. This first increases the fireballs radius and then gives it decent burning damage over 5 second and stuns the group of enemies in the fireballs radius. Heal upgrades: only the second one. This gives you a nice 10-12% mana heal which saves you so many pots. Lightning add ons: 1st and 3rd. The first one gives a 15% damage increase, the sognificant thing about this is that it actually is displayed on the information of damage, you actually notice the 15% in the damage, secondly the 250% damage on crit can let you hit really hard, best used with a pet that gives crit (horton, ribbit, etc...)

Passives: 5 in intellegence for the obvious damage and mana, 5 in might for the 250 health or 5 in agility for the extra damage/crit/dodge (though its not to significant) i put mine in agility, and the last 2 points i put in might. You could also put those into the heal so that its an heal and the other point to make it heal health over time.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck to you. This is my build at 26 and it works nicely, i am pure int btw and using a gun helps alot, it helps the aiming and the damage, which affects all your skills. Ignore the low DPS and try to go for lots of base damage

Almost the same build as i am when i was level 26. At least the skill set is the same. At the new level cap, I lean towards an even more aggressive "battle" mage and take heal out of the set to free up some points.

Alhuntrazeck
05-11-2013, 03:33 AM
I use Gale, Fire, Lifegiver, Ice (boss)

or

Gale, Fire, Lifegiver, Time (mobs)

I dunno what it is about crowd control that I love so much and gale is awesome for that. Especially in elite Nordr when these archer mobs like to hang out on those ice patches.
Yeah, i love gale in that aspect.

Traorahah
05-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I use sheild, life giver, lightning, and time. They work well when your swarmed by enemies

Robhawk
05-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Ice is also really underrated because of an.. ehm.. let's just say a wrong description of one its subskills.

Whats the secret there?

Magician
05-19-2013, 11:18 AM
If your looking for a support build, your most likely looking at buff & crowd control role. Below are some of the relevant skills you'll look at:
1) Heal (3/5) - Nuff said. Sub-skill - AOE buff, mana heal (skip the mana regeration over time)
2) Shield (4/5) - Upgrade all, except knock-out. This skill is very much required when ur entering frontline to support the tanker, sustaining the team, as well as surviving the elite bosses/mobs.
3) Fireball (4/5) - Skip scorch. This will be mainly your initiation skill to knock down wide spread of mobs in front.
4) Timeshift (5/5) - Some ppl do skip the time bomb explode to make it 4/5 upgrade. Its your main root skill.
5) Gale (4/5) - If you intend to further enhance ur crowd control skill, you might consider upping this (at the cost of less passive skills since there are only 4 spell slots for now). I prefer this over ice, since it gives 100% knockdown to big group of mobs, as opposed to 20% chance of freezing. It also buffs your movespeed when charged - useful for elite boss.
6) Passive - Int and Str (+5 per lvl)

For leveling purpose, the skills allocation order depends on ur playstyle. For me, I'll go with heal/fire/timeshift/gale and leave shield to last. I don't see how you'll survive every single boss even with shield on, unless its your second toon in AL...

Otawaazavie
05-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I prefer this over ice, since it gives 100% knockdown to big group of mobs, as opposed to 20% chance of freezing.
When it's charged, ice can freeze multiple mobs that are near the Mage even without the 20% upgrade. With the upgrade Mage has 20% change to do dmg to the all the frozen mobs