PDA

View Full Version : elite pve build

Excuses
04-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi.
I would like to ask to pros what would be the best build and skill combinations for serious elite run.

Currently my build is high health and mana for pvp and now I want to use my rogue for elite run purpose only.

I believe it would have high dmg and dps for its role, but not sure what would be the best.

Please advise me.
Thank you!!

Limsi
04-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Pure Dex on base stats with the following skill build:

Aimed shot Max
Trap - 3/5
Nox - 4/5
Veil - 3/5
Dex passive max
Int passive max

That's the build I've been using for elite runs, though for survivability I rely on my gears. You could add a little bit STR on your base stats if you feel squishy.

kingoburgo
04-07-2013, 05:36 PM
veil 3/5? no armor or no addition 3 seconds?

JaytB
04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
veil 3/5? no armor or no addition 3 seconds?

Veil probably has dmg and 3sec

Excuses
04-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Pure Dex on base stats with the following skill build:

Aimed shot Max
Trap - 3/5
Nox - 4/5
Veil - 3/5
Dex passive max
Int passive max

That's the build I've been using for elite runs, though for survivability I rely on my gears. You could add a little bit STR on your base stats if you feel squishy.

Thanks!!

It looks like bow basic build?
Don't I need razor for dps attack?

And could you tell me which one I should upgrade for the skills?

Thanks again!

Azepeiete
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Looks like Me and lims have basically the same thing but I have weaker nox for a bit more survivability.

Aimed Shot Maxed
Nox-2/5 only with impact damage. If you're wondering, the above build also has extended poison and stronger poison(I'm assuming)
Veil-4/5 no explosion
Trap-3/5 net retraction and adept construction.
Max dex passive
Max int passive
1/5 str passive

EDIT: And to answer your question, no razor really isn't much help.

Zuzeq
04-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Might 3/5
Knowledge 3/5
Agility 3/5

Shadow Storm Shot or Trap 3/5
Shadow Veil 3/5
Aim Shot Max
Nox Bolt 3/5

Excuses
04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Looks like Me and lims have basically the same thing but I have weaker nox for a bit more survivability.

Aimed Shot Maxed
Nox-2/5 only with impact damage. If you're wondering, the above build also has extended poison and stronger poison(I'm assuming)
Veil-4/5 no explosion
Max dex passive
Max int passive
1/5 str passive

Hmm. First of all...
Thanks for the reply everyone!

Looks like everyone recommend AS, Nox and vail...
I thought razor and piercer would be good for pve. Surprised.

Then how should I use them and play?
Should I cast net and vail on it(maybe over tank I guess), then stay out(or in?) to shoot as and nox? Then I should use bow for his I guess...
I have never used bow for pve. So kind of new for me. (I used to use razor and piercer with dagger. I liked them for 20% dodge and 10% heal back which save me a lot of pots..)

Please advise me on skill use strategy...

Limsi
04-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Shadow pierce not that much reliable since the normal swing of blades with nox and aimed complementing ea other would be already enough. I just don't feel razor's dodge benefits atm and the added damage from the sub skill upgrade seems to be minimal.

The build I suggested works well with daggers too, actually I use daggers for pve. Just cast trap first and if it works the mobs should be concentrated and that's the time you cast your veil. Stay inside. If the trap fails to work, just cast the veil and follow up with another trap inside the veil and hope it works.

Excuses
04-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Shadow pierce not that much reliable since the normal swing of blades with nox and aimed complementing ea other would be already enough. I just don't feel razor's dodge benefits atm and the added damage from the sub skill upgrade seems to be minimal.

The build I suggested works well with daggers too, actually I use daggers for pve. Just cast trap first and if it works the mobs should be concentrated and that's the time you cast your veil. Stay inside. If the trap fails to work, just cast the veil and follow up with another trap inside the veil and hope it works.

Many thanks for the reply!!

And you are right. Razor will make less dmg than Nox... (but dmg to more target?)
And I picked the skill for safety, not for dmg.
Piercer as well for heal while it has same dmg as nox but hits 3 times.
My old pve build was AS, razor, piercer, and heal.. now I have nox in stead of razor for pvp.

Sorry for too many questions, but please help me..

How should I use trap?
I have seen a rogue in km3 almost soloing with trap, but I couldn't do it like her.
Should I just go in to the mobs and cast it, or on the way (in front of) mobs, or in front of bows/mages?

And my wife play a warrior, and when I go elite, she will be there too. And I know it is hard to tank by herself, so I use combat medic to help her.
Is vail with 20% armor better or packs are better to help her?
(I know this is off topic but this is an important issue for me...)

Thanks for the future help!!!

ishyrionek
04-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Medics are for pvp only. Pvm use potions. Its much easier than finding packs, and gathering. So from that perspective 20% def is better :-)

Traps.. Try to aim mobs at front of tank, or places where they will be the most effective.
Stand just behind tanks backs, and use skills.

So... U playing with tinny woman, and yours woman with with big muscular man? :-D

Limsi
04-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Many thanks for the reply!!

And you are right. Razor will make less dmg than Nox... (but dmg to more target?)
And I picked the skill for safety, not for dmg.
Piercer as well for heal while it has same dmg as nox but hits 3 times.
My old pve build was AS, razor, piercer, and heal.. now I have nox in stead of razor for pvp.

Sorry for too many questions, but please help me..

How should I use trap?
I have seen a rogue in km3 almost soloing with trap, but I couldn't do it like her.
Should I just go in to the mobs and cast it, or on the way (in front of) mobs, or in front of bows/mages?

And my wife play a warrior, and when I go elite, she will be there too. And I know it is hard to tank by herself, so I use combat medic to help her.
Is vail with 20% armor better or packs are better to help her?
(I know this is off topic but this is an important issue for me...)

Thanks for the future help!!!

First things first - Traps only work by chance, so it's possible to cast 4 consecutive traps without being successful. Make sure you add the net thing upgrade for a better chance as the trap itself (circular metal thingy) alone would have lesser chances of capturing mobs without the net upgrade. Cast it anywhere, no issue with that and probably the rogue you've seen was extremely lucky with the trap.

Imho, medics are not much of worth in pve if your wife could afford potions. I assume that she has the perfect build with the shield and stuff to help you too. Pick the veil with the sub skill adding damage for those in circle as well as the armor buff. In this case, both of you would really benefit. With the nerf and stuff that took place, spamming potions has become necessary for a tank regardless of its build. Additionally, I do not recommend hpacks for the reason that it sacrifices a skill slot which should have been used for a "damage" skill in which your rogue should be best at. If it does not work for you and your wife, feel free to tell us.

Excuses
04-08-2013, 08:35 AM
So... U playing with tinny woman, and yours woman with with big muscular man? :-D

Haha Yes for pve. Sometimes as mage depends on party. Because she only play warrior, if I play warrior and have one more random warrior, it will take too long time to finish it.
In pvp I play as warrior or mage to help her because rogue can't help much. ;)

With the nerf and stuff that took place, spamming potions has become necessary for a tank regardless of its build.

This is a sad truth.
And thanks for all kind answers!!
I will try veil. =]

wawawa64
04-08-2013, 12:10 PM

Aimed Shot Maxed
Veil-4/5 no explosion
Max dex passive
Max int passive
1/5 str passive

hi, I am new to rogue as well (on my 3rd toon). I've been trying various PVE build, and I have a question regarding your build here.

Aren't both AS and Nox single target skill? I've tested Nox a few times, even with the range upgrade, only the poison damage have range; the impact damage is single target.

Now, with AS and Nox being single target skill, you don't really have any other attack with AOE (other than your dagger? I've heard there is a dagger that does AOE on non-charaged auto-attack)

Isn't that kind of defeats the purpose of trap (it doesn't do damage if you don't have the upgrade) if both of your skills are single target only?

I just don't understand this build, maybe you can explain your flow a little bit?

Another trap build that I saw is to replace Nox with Razor to take advantage of the AOE damage.

I really enjoy playing rogue due to the varieties of builds. My mage and warrior are pretty limited in term of different builds for PVE; there are only maybe 1 or 2 builds for mage and warriors for PVE that are effective.

Zuzeq
04-08-2013, 12:16 PM
hi, I am new to rogue as well (on my 3rd toon). I've been trying various PVE build, and I have a question regarding your build here.

Aren't both AS and Nox single target skill? I've tested Nox a few times, even with the range upgrade, only the poison damage have range; the impact damage is single target.

Now, with AS and Nox being single target skill, you don't really have any other attack with AOE (other than your dagger? I've heard there is a dagger that does AOE on non-charaged auto-attack)

Isn't that kind of defeats the purpose of trap (it doesn't do damage if you don't have the upgrade) if both of your skills are single target only?

I just don't understand this build, maybe you can explain your flow a little bit?

Another trap build that I saw is to replace Nox with Razor to take advantage of the AOE damage.

I really enjoy playing rogue due to the varieties of builds. My mage and warrior are pretty limited in term of different builds for PVE; there are only maybe 1 or 2 builds for mage and warriors for PVE that are effective.

The poison from Nox Bolt can effect up to four people if they are close enough together. This is based on in-game play.

wawawa64
04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
The poison from Nox Bolt can effect up to four people if they are close enough together. This is based on in-game play.

thanks for the reply.

So is the poison damage the main AOE in this build? I know they stacks (especially with the +3 sec duration), but based on the low lvl toon that I built to test this, the poison damage isn't that high (compare to razor), and if it's only affecting four people, it doesn't sound that good on paper. Am I missing something?

Excuses
04-08-2013, 01:04 PM
That was kind of my question too.
Just want to clarify....

Razor's cool down is 20sec and activates for 8sec with upgrade. And highest dmg is 90 while nox is 250. So maybe if I don't mind using a lot of pots, Nox will definitely make more dmg. But when I have more than 4 mobs in trap and using dagger for dps attack... I am not sure..

So how many target can razor attack at a time? If it can attack all targets in range like Time shift, this one will be better than Nox somewhat for mobs.

And also piercer make same dmg ×3 with same cool down.

My highest dmg for both skills is 250. Based on this.
So 700-750 dmg for piercer and nox makes 250+15% + 30×6 = 445 dmg
And tested in G Beach, result was about same.
Overall I feel like piercer makes better dmg on mobs.

However if I consider Boss fight, Nox will be the best choice on top of razor and piercer anyways.

Edit-
But I forgot that piercer can throw me out to other mobs and bring them in.

So Razor vs Nox.
(Just read a thread talking about this a mouth ago by vys and jayb.)
I guess both are good in different field.
Razor for mobs and viability, and Nox for max dmg.

And As, veil and trap are must-have.

Zuzeq
04-08-2013, 01:46 PM
thanks for the reply.

So is the poison damage the main AOE in this build? I know they stacks (especially with the +3 sec duration), but based on the low lvl toon that I built to test this, the poison damage isn't that high (compare to razor), and if it's only affecting four people, it doesn't sound that good on paper. Am I missing something?

My opinion is very bias on this one..lol. I use a pure bow build, using all bow skills (+Smoke). I found that at the end game levels Nox bolt deals more than its fair share of damage. Even more so when coupled with Aim Shot. With a 2 sec cool down each, you can spam these two skills together and make short work of any elite mob. Additionally, these skills coupled together eats away at bosse's HP due to Aim Shot's crit boost. Also, if you prefer to deal consistent damage...it's helpful having Nox nibbing away at a Elite mob's/bosse's HP for six seconds after contact while you back away from a incoming hard hit or you have to take your finger off then trigger to drink potions. I base this assessment of a elite level toon i.e. high damage. A capped Assassin with top gear is putting out at least 210+ damage which is directly associated with the damage your skills deal. My damage sit at 232-236(depending on pet in use). Saying that, my Nox Bolt kicks out a good amount of damage to multiple targets (around 300-320 per target uncharged w/o crit, 55-75 uncharged per second for poison damage. Without a charge or crit thats an average of 450 damage on poison alone (per target). The mob member that took the hit? He is taking a possible 770 damage! If you can't make use of that idk what more I can tell you. Then again, this is just a "Bowman" talking. If I was a dagger user, Razor shield would be a must. I don't know how to use daggers any more...lol. And don't get me started on Shadow Storm Shot's AOE damage capabilities..lol..the most underated skill in the whole game...

Azepeiete
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Don't get the range upgrade on nox, ever, use it as a single target skill.

Basically I charge veil, drop it, then trap. After that its aimed, dagger, nox, aimed, dagger, nox, over and over. Drop veils and traps when cd is finished.

The point of trap pulling stuff together isn't really about doing the AOE damage, it just brings things closer so those with AOE attacks will get it, and it's nice to pull them together.

There are no un-charged AOE attacks, assuming you mean the flintlocks. Just a rumor.

wawawa64
04-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Don't get the range upgrade on nox, ever, use it as a single target skill.

Basically I charge veil, drop it, then trap. After that its aimed, dagger, nox, aimed, dagger, nox, over and over. Drop veils and traps when cd is finished.

The point of trap pulling stuff together isn't really about doing the AOE damage, it just brings things closer so those with AOE attacks will get it, and it's nice to pull them together.

There are no un-charged AOE attacks, assuming you mean the flintlocks. Just a rumor.

thanks for clarifying ! makes more sense now.

wawawa64
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
My opinion is very bias on this one..lol. I use a pure bow build, using all bow skills (+Smoke). I found that at the end game levels Nox bolt deals more than its fair share of damage. Even more so when coupled with Aim Shot. With a 2 sec cool down each, you can spam these two skills together and make short work of any elite mob. Additionally, these skills coupled together eats away at bosse's HP due to Aim Shot's crit boost. Also, if you prefer to deal consistent damage...it's helpful having Nox nibbing away at a Elite mob's/bosse's HP for six seconds after contact while you back away from a incoming hard hit or you have to take your finger off then trigger to drink potions. I base this assessment of a elite level toon i.e. high damage. A capped Assassin with top gear is putting out at least 210+ damage which is directly associated with the damage your skills deal. My damage sit at 232-236(depending on pet in use). Saying that, my Nox Bolt kicks out a good amount of damage to multiple targets (around 300-320 per target uncharged w/o crit, 55-75 uncharged per second for poison damage. Without a charge or crit thats an average of 450 damage on poison alone (per target). The mob member that took the hit? He is taking a possible 770 damage! If you can't make use of that idk what more I can tell you. Then again, this is just a "Bowman" talking. If I was a dagger user, Razor shield would be a must. I don't know how to use daggers any more...lol. And don't get me started on Shadow Storm Shot's AOE damage capabilities..lol..the most underated skill in the whole game...

I guess I am not really questioning the damage that Nox do, but whether is it a better skill to complement with trap than razor due to the AOE.
Also, does the range upgrade on Nox increase the max number of target?

some many things to try =). I wish there is a free respec soon =)

wawawa64
04-08-2013, 03:58 PM
That was kind of my question too.
Just want to clarify....

Razor's cool down is 20sec and activates for 8sec with upgrade. And highest dmg is 90 while nox is 250. So maybe if I don't mind using a lot of pots, Nox will definitely make more dmg. But when I have more than 4 mobs in trap and using dagger for dps attack... I am not sure..

So how many target can razor attack at a time? If it can attack all targets in range like Time shift, this one will be better than Nox somewhat for mobs.

And also piercer make same dmg ×3 with same cool down.

My highest dmg for both skills is 250. Based on this.
So 700-750 dmg for piercer and nox makes 250+15% + 30×6 = 445 dmg
And tested in G Beach, result was about same.
Overall I feel like piercer makes better dmg on mobs.

However if I consider Boss fight, Nox will be the best choice on top of razor and piercer anyways.

Edit-
But I forgot that piercer can throw me out to other mobs and bring them in.

So Razor vs Nox.
(Just read a thread talking about this a mouth ago by vys and jayb.)
I guess both are good in different field.
Razor for mobs and viability, and Nox for max dmg.

And As, veil and trap are must-have.

thanks for the reply. I guess the long cool down on razor is one of the cons. I think I can test the max number of target on razor in wt1 or something (my rogue is only lvl 12 now, I am gonna take my time on her, I've gotten really tired after leveling my mage and warrior to lvl 26 =| ).

Slashiroth
04-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Been using this on my rogue for quite some time,

Pure dex
5/5 dex passive
3/5 int n str passive
1/5 shadow piercer
4/5 entangling trap
4/5 shadow veil
5/5 aimed shot

Works great for my style of play and has very good survivability

Zuzeq
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I guess I am not really questioning the damage that Nox do, but whether is it a better skill to complement with trap than razor due to the AOE.
Also, does the range upgrade on Nox increase the max number of target?

some many things to try =). I wish there is a free respec soon =)

Sorry that overly long reply..lol. Nox does not need the range upgrade to produce AOE damage and yes, i do think it complements trap well (if you have traps pull upgrade). On the other hand Razor is useful for dagger users (if you have issues with staying alive).

Excuses
04-16-2013, 10:11 PM
I have tried some different builds as all you guys said with a pro elite team, a noob team and a random team, and figured what works for me. THANKS for all your help guys.

I like to spam skills than auto attack because I think it will bring more dmg in the end, and not like to spam pots cuz it wastes so much golds. Based on this.

Full dex was so fragile and lack of mana. So I put 50 points on Int for all dmg, mana and health.

Razor wasn't the best for me because I don't really have to use a lot of mana for long CD, but 20% dodge wasn't that much help, so I have to spam health pots anyways. And dmg wasn't so great.

Nox uses a lot of mana and doesn't do anything about survivability. Great dmg, but sucks up so much both pots.

So my choice was Piercer which gives me heals consistently while using which saves a lot of pots. And dmg is also great with 3 hits.
So I can spam AS and charged piercer for mobs and (charged or not) AS and just piercer for boss with 1500 mana for each second which bring out enough dmg(I don't really use auto attack much but use skills only. No time for that. I do press between skills, but I don't see many comes out)
So when a mage heals(or even not), I use less than 10 pots with a good team for each run while bring enough dmg.
(I know if you are full dex and use mana pots, you will definitely make better dmg. But I don't like to spend so much pots for every run.)

And veil and AS and just a must have, but i think trap works depends on my team.
If I don't have a mage with fire, ice and time on team, trap will just gather all mobs and let them attack tank simultaneously, and kill the tank and entire group in a sec... but with good team, it helps finish faster.
(When I play as mage, it helps my wife a lot better than rogue. I think warrior and mage work together for survivability and rogues deliver dmg to make the run short. So 1 warrior, 1 mage and 2 rogues are good if everyone knows their role.).
Right now I have CM pack in stead of trap cuz my wife asked so, and actually it saves mage and noob warrior's life while time roots mobs.

But trap makes it easy and faster. So I might respec. But yes, this is my build for now, hope this help someone like me.

AS 5/5
Piercer 3/5 - heal & 3 times
Veil 4/5 - no explode
Heal 4/5 - no over-time-heal

Int 5/5
Dex 4/5

So end up with +1900 health, 186.5 dmg, +1600 mana with slag and shipmaster bow which I mostly use for elite run.

Not the best build for someone, but works for me.
Again, thanks for everyone who gave me advice. =)

xxsaraixx
04-17-2013, 03:48 PM
An uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but I've clearly seen at least 3.

Mysticaleagle
04-17-2013, 03:49 PM
An uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but I've clearly seen at least 3.

Tested, and approved!

Spicy1
04-17-2013, 04:09 PM

You mean CHARGED attack, right?

xxsaraixx
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
an uncharged auto attack from dagger can hit at least 3 mobs. It may hit more, but i've clearly seen at least 3.

uncharged

Excuses
04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
uncharged

Which dagger you used?

xxsaraixx
04-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not 100% sure because I havent tested it with non legendaries, but my guess is it should be the same for all daggers. I think its a general trait of auto attack not a specific weapon trait or proc.

Excuses
04-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure because I havent tested it with non legendaries, but my guess is it should be the same for all daggers. I think its a general trait of auto attack not a specific weapon trait or proc.

Just tested with my lvl26 DBB, and it hits only one target at a time. When I go around and spam it it looks like it hits multiple targets, but it just hit fast, not together.
Can you give me the weapon's name? I want to test and see the difference.

xxsaraixx
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Ive used DBB,ALP,ALT,DBP,AHB,AHT, Incandescent Blades, just to name a few, all at various levels, and they hit mutli targets in the forward direction. The test process i did was, i went to normal Brack forest. I ran and grouped 10+ enemies (melee type, archer types are generally too far away) directly infront of my toon. I push autoattack 1 time. 3 die. I wait 5 seconds. I push auto attack 1 time. 3 die. There is no chance of spam because I am only pushing the autoattack button once. 1 swing, 3 deaths. If I don't group the enemies well, sometimes only 1 or 2 die, but if the group is close enough 3 die. This is where the trap skill, mentioned previously comes in. If you can get all enemies to occupy one spot it is possible more then 3 will take auto attack damage, but for me this is very difficult to verify visually. I may at a later date test this with trap, but currently it isn't in my build.

Limsi
04-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Ive used DBB,ALP,ALT,DBP,AHB,AHT, Incandescent Blades, just to name a few, all at various levels, and they hit mutli targets in the forward direction. The test process i did was, i went to normal Brack forest. I ran and grouped 10+ enemies (melee type, archer types are generally too far away) directly infront of my toon. I push autoattack 1 time. 3 die. I wait 5 seconds. I push auto attack 1 time. 3 die. There is no chance of spam because I am only pushing the autoattack button once. 1 swing, 3 deaths. If I don't group the enemies well, sometimes only 1 or 2 die, but if the group is close enough 3 die. This is where the trap skill, mentioned previously comes in. If you can get all enemies to occupy one spot it is possible more then 3 will take auto attack damage, but for me this is very difficult to verify visually. I may at a later date test this with trap, but currently it isn't in my build.

I have done this exact test as well and I have to say at indeed these daggers hit multiple targets. Another test I did was on elite seas without using trap just to avoid myself from being confused if my dagger would hit only a single target. The result was clear: I do hit 3 enemies with uncharged spam of normal attack.

Excuses
04-18-2013, 08:51 AM
I have done this exact test as well and I have to say at indeed these daggers hit multiple targets. Another test I did was on elite seas without using trap just to avoid myself from being confused if my dagger would hit only a single target. The result was clear: I do hit 3 enemies with uncharged spam of normal attack.

Yes, me too. I didn't see three but actually saw two a lot of times...
So I have to admit daggers hit multiple targets when it's really close.

Then now trap + auto attack is more considerable style...

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-21-2013, 07:25 AM
AS 5/5
Piercer 3/5 - heal & 3 times
Veil 4/5 - no explode
Heal 4/5 - no over-time-heal

Int 5/5
Dex 4/5

So end up with +1900 health, 186.5 dmg, +1600 mana with slag and shipmaster bow which I mostly use for elite run.

Not the best build for someone, but works for me.
Again, thanks for everyone who gave me advice. =)
i changed to this built and i like it for the survibality and lesser pots!!! thanks. i put also add pt to my str for health .. dont u think to put more int so mana can be increased??? anyway ty

Azepeiete
04-21-2013, 10:16 AM
New build at 31 cap-
There is not best build only the one that works for you, and this is mine.

Aimed Shot Maxed
Nox-4/5 all except larger radius of impact (second upgrade)
Veil-4/5 no explosion
Max dex passive
Max int passive
4/5 str passive

OR you can use shadow piercer which helps you get around some instead of noxious bolt. Only put the initial point in it, and add str then damage passives until you're out.

Mshemmo
04-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Hehe i have same build :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

azbestwarior
04-22-2013, 05:43 AM
can someone tell me how to do now after I update build a rogue?

Excuses
04-22-2013, 07:03 AM
i changed to this built and i like it for the survibality and lesser pots!!! thanks. i put also add pt to my str for health .. dont u think to put more int so mana can be increased??? anyway ty

Thanks for the feedback. =)
If you like to do pvp too, then more health will be good. And I think 50 Int is good enough for mana pool. Rogue need to do deliver enough dmg asap, so I don't want to cut down it's best too much. (maybe even 30 will be fine too) Just my opinion.

can someone tell me how to do now after I update build a rogue?

I wouldn't add more points on skills but put them in passive to max out dex/int/str then dmg.

Alrisaia
04-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Warrior name.

I use flint locks. They strike multiple mobs with one attack of they are grouped close enough. Hence the net flint decimating combo. I have 3.5 minute wt4 runs with flints.

For bosses I switch to bow or dEpraved blades. .. soon too be replaced with something else with higher dps.

Deadroth
04-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello :)

I have 13 lv rogue atm...

And i have almost complete build... :)

1. Aimed
2. Piercer
3. Razor (on high lv good dmg and dodge)
4. ...

Passive DEX, INT, later STR, CRIT,

----------------------------------------------

On fourth spot i would like to have Nox or Veil...

And there is a problem
cause:

Veil is great buff for elites... (armor and dmg buff... also low dmg on mobs)
Nox is great AOE elite mob killer (Impact and big posion dmg)

And which one is better?

Dead :)

P.S. Don't tell me that depends on my build... I play dagger-rogue... i saw dagger-rogues who have Nox, Aimed, Piercer, Razor and they were amazing...

Excuses
05-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Just want to share what I figured more.

I was lvling in w4 with a tank (ranker), and I was using AS, RAZOR, PIERCER and Trap.
And he said it seems I get aggro when I use piercer, so asked me not to use it for next run, and I did.
Then he said it was much easier.
And it kind of make sense because I had heal upgrade(heal usually get aggro).
So be careful, piercer might heal you with aggro....
Not sure if it's pros or cons. Lol

And for skills,
After I hit lv30, I tried new maps. Not even elite, but bosses are sooooo hard with razor and piercer.

Alpha wolf reflects my razor and dps attack and kills me so often (sometimes dps hits couple more even after I stop hitting button..maybe connection issue)
Piercer lead me to Frostbite's ice patch(sometimes even when I charge it) and can't use razor and dps on him...
Bosses' charged attacks are hard to see and avoid when I am too close to bosses(especially when it is around the boss). And one shot kill. Pain.

So tried AS, NOX , VEIL and trap which is bow attacks (yes, like Limsyoker suggested at first. XD) for distance attack.
And result was much better.
Sometimes hard to get heal from warriors, but set trap near boss and run out, set veil between me and warrior, and shoot as and nox. When red cone comes, run side ways. That's so much better.

For AoE attack, I can still use dagger for mobs. And Trap's DoT is a real deal. It makes 30-40 dmg to every mobs in it until it's gone. And it lasts longer than it's cd, so you can literally keep that DOT forever. Trap's DoT+veil on it+dps+nox's poison+As' crit works just fine.

Since Nox xan be used BOTH mobs and bosses, and dmg and safety, Nox could be the best choice. (If you can afford pots.. )

So using
AS 5/5
Nox 4/5(no 10% poison)
Veil 4/5(no explode)
Trap 4/5(no explode-it makes about 70-90dmg only)
Dex 5/5
Str 5/5
Int 2/5
(Because bosses' dmg is too high, so I need to be alive to use skills)

Anyways. Hope this help!
And have fun guys.

X29798
05-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Hello :)

I have 13 lv rogue atm...

And i have almost complete build... :)

1. Aimed
2. Piercer
3. Razor (on high lv good dmg and dodge)
4. ...

Passive DEX, INT, later STR, CRIT,

----------------------------------------------

On fourth spot i would like to have Nox or Veil...

And there is a problem
cause:

Veil is great buff for elites... (armor and dmg buff... also low dmg on mobs)
Nox is great AOE elite mob killer (Impact and big posion dmg)

And which one is better?

Dead :)

P.S. Don't tell me that depends on my build... I play dagger-rogue... i saw dagger-rogues who have Nox, Aimed, Piercer, Razor and they were amazing...

Both are good, veil, stay alive=damage. Leave aoe to mages. Veil increase damage and def.

NOx is a one mob hit skill.

Deadroth
05-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Both are good, veil, stay alive=damage. Leave aoe to mages. Veil increase damage and def.

NOx is a one mob hit skill.

"You don't need defence against dead enemy"

Thats mine answer XD

P.S. Mages will die quick and who will cast AOE?...Me. And vice versa.

Francois Encio
05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
For the current update.. I am a pure dex build.. My passive skills are:
dex and int max 1 str
Nox-5/5
Trap-5/5
Veil-4/5(did include the one with exploding effect)
Aimed shot-5/5

For maxing out yourdamage you can use ribbit, mine's going up as high as 60% crit damage :)

Cowflab
05-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I find that my current build is pretty good for dagger rogues

Pure Dex points
Aimed Shot Maxed
Veil 4/5
Razor Shield 5/5
Trap 4/5

Dex and Crit passives

Its extremly effective when you run in a balanced group(tank, healing mage, me, and either a dps mage or single target bow rogue). Groups of mobs drop like flies.

katish
05-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I just ressurected my rogue recently.. I went with:

- aimed 5/5
- nox 4/5
- pierce 2/5
- veil 4/5
Passive agility, knowledge and might all maxed out.

I tried trap with the net and bleed upgrade but found it did very little damage, so I decided on pierce instead. I think mages do a better job with crowd control and the net retraction isn't really necessary with a good mage. So for damage I think pierce does a better job, plus it helps with survivability as it helps me run past bosses red areas.

I never charge anything except veil. I am primarily a dagger user, only change to bow on the spider boss because of ice patches. While the red area on nordr bosses is so messed up, I find it easier to run to the boss back while I am standing close, I seem to die less this way than trying to run to the edge of the red area.