PDA

View Full Version : Bug with skills ~ Discovered by Ctf and me

Bless
04-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Me and ctf were in pvp today and he was susipicious on his dmg output, so he did a test with me. First he hit an unchargednnox bolt, it got me to 88%. Then he did charged nox bolt and it got me to 90%.

Next we did with peircer. Uncharged: 82% charged: 90%

Last we did with aimshot . Uncharged 82% charged: 88%

We think we have discovered a bug with charging skills, the uncharged version does more damage than the charged version of the skill.

Info:
Lvl: both l16
Class: rogue
Pet: Both L1 malisons (they did no dmg whatsoever)

Lojack look into this please!

hotpimp
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
It's technically better not to charge your skills. bump so people can see.

Bless
04-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Yup ^^^ so fix it..

Valsacar
04-07-2013, 06:14 PM
You need to run more than just one hit tests. They are a range, you'll need to do a few hundred (at least) hits of each type, record the damage, and find the average min and max.

On the subject of charging or not, I generally only charge when I want the charge only aspects (like stun on fireball). The increase others have tested and said is there isn't enough to make up for the charge time.

Bless
04-07-2013, 06:18 PM
You need to run more than just one hit tests. They are a range, you'll need to do a few hundred (at least) hits of each type, record the damage, and find the average min and max.

On the subject of charging or not, I generally only charge when I want the charge only aspects (like stun on fireball). The increase others have tested and said is there isn't enough to make up for the charge time. we did a lot before posting...im giving averages I cant be asked making tablrs and charts

Valsacar
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
There's a few out there were people did build the charts out, but that was PvE. Maybe something is different in PvP, or something changed since others ran tests. Either way, charging has really never been useful.

Bless
04-07-2013, 06:44 PM
There's a few out there were people did build the charts out, but that was PvE. Maybe something is different in PvP, or something changed since others ran tests. Either way, charging has really never been useful. its a bug. Even if charging isnt useful it could still be same dmg as unharged but is not, its lower so thats y we think its a bug

wowdah
04-07-2013, 07:34 PM
It is. In hauntlet if u charge pierce you dont kill the first mage, if u dont charge the mage dies thanks miracle for posting

Carapace
04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
noted, we'll take a look this week. Thanks for the report!

ishyrionek
04-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I think it was after up, when they nerfed pvp dmg.
They changed charged attacks, but not uncharged, lol :-D

Carapace
04-08-2013, 10:22 AM
numerically these have correct values for their calculations, and you should see an increase on charged. However, as pointed out before there is a range on the damage so high range numbers on the uncharged could potentially overlap with low end numbers of the charged.

We'll likely take a deeper look at some point as part of balancing skills for the rest of the classes like we did the warrior but for now we don't see a glaring problem. Thanks!

Cero
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
you want to switch uncharge and charge dmg? ok good. makes mages survive more from spamming uncharge arrows..

thanks