PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Begging

Temarichan
04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Now I'm not criticizing to anyone at any means. Asking is different from begging. If you ASK a FRIEND for some gold to borrow. Then this doesn't necessarily apply to you.

But seriously, an issue of begging for items and gold.

To all new players, we all want a lot of gold. I want billions of gold right now. But I'm doing an EFFORT to obtain that amount of gold (not 1 billion though). I do quests, I redeem platinum that I EARNED for gold. And that's how I get my gold. That's it. And perhaps from enemies that I kill in an area.

How do you think us level 25-26 people got here to where we are with elite gear?

Think about it for a sec. I know you want gold. But throughout AL, I earned it all without a single begging. Only asking, but that only once to a GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. I only let my friends borrow gold when they're desperate. But to a stranger who wanted gold to pay off their own debt to someone else, using it for a contest, or just to get rich.

But cmon... -.- we all have to start somewhere! I had 0 gold literally when I was level 10, but I gained it all back from hard work.

Had to put this out there. I had 10 beggars today alone and everyday.

asifaiab
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
just dress like noob i wear lv 5 gear in towns
also begging is an art, there is a guide how to beg somewhere in al forums

Bless
04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Like all the others this thread will be forgotten and sunk like the titanic.

SkyDagger
04-07-2013, 10:25 PM
as they say mute Works magic :)

Limsi
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Begging is an ART.

lovestriker
04-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Now I'm not criticizing to anyone at any means. Asking is different from begging. If you ASK a FRIEND for some gold to borrow. Then this doesn't necessarily apply to you.

But seriously, an issue of begging for items and gold.

To all new players, we all want a lot of gold. I want billions of gold right now. But I'm doing an EFFORT to obtain that amount of gold (not 1 billion though). I do quests, I redeem platinum that I EARNED for gold. And that's how I get my gold. That's it. And perhaps from enemies that I kill in an area.

How do you think us level 25-26 people got here to where we are with elite gear?

Think about it for a sec. I know you want gold. But throughout AL, I earned it all without a single begging. Only asking, but that only once to a GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. I only let my friends borrow gold when they're desperate. But to a stranger who wanted gold to pay off their own debt to someone else, using it for a contest, or just to get rich.

But cmon... -.- we all have to start somewhere! I had 0 gold literally when I was level 10, but I gained it all back from hard work.

Had to put this out there. I had 10 beggars today alone and everyday.

Temariiii I added in you in-game. :D

I also have toons approaching/messaging me. I only give gold to those who ask under 1000g lol. But sometimes I get people asking me for thousands.

I know how you feel. It's definitely hard to get gold. We all want to save for something. And our wants and their prices are constantly changing. I said to myself that I'd get a pair of hooks someday. And who knows when that someday will come lol.

I have asked two times. I needed money to post something in the auction house. LOL

Well we have to vent every now and then. :D

Greencrow
04-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Just ignore them.

Mshemmo
04-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah its stubid when random ppl starts asking for money but i have given money to friends/guild mates and one of the best things that has happened to me on AL was when one of my friends gave me sealord helm (it was like 300k at that time) i didnt even think there were ppl like that but live and learn :)

chitgoks
04-07-2013, 11:44 PM
true.. guildmates and friends are okay if you both have an understanding to help each other out. other than that ... beggars shouldnt even be given even 1 gold. i always tell them to fire the cannons at kraag. ;)

McBain
04-08-2013, 01:38 AM
I give stuff to people all the time, just never to beggars randomly asking for stuff. Beggars get added to my ignore list.

Destructible
04-08-2013, 02:38 AM
If you can't be kind, then just ignore. Creating threads like these just to take up forum space... ugh.

inkredible
04-08-2013, 03:06 AM
If they asked for gold.
be generous

give 1gold. youd be surprise how happy they are

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anywyas. me and my friends do it for fun. run around naked and ask people for money
the entertainment tho i get 1k from each person at most, just cuz they think its funny.
no thats not what i do for living. . . .

i have about ..lets just say millions , hardwork, drops, and i get lucky alot

and well sugar mamas. LOL JK.

another way is guild contests maybe? or forum contests.. make sigs.....

Live
04-08-2013, 03:11 AM
ye its fun begging :P

lovestriker
04-08-2013, 03:13 AM
me and my friends do it for fun. run around naked and ask people for money
the entertainment tho i get 1k from each person at most, just cuz they think its funny.

Noted. LOL

TourneAsunder
04-08-2013, 09:46 AM
There is no kindness in a fella whom is worth 300k giving gold to a guy with a net worth of 16mil in his/her 6 lvl 26's and 9 twinks.

It's called stupidity...

Of the so called "beggars"...they are predatory- like any other scammer. They try to take advantage of someone's good nature or ignorance.

When I was young, I worked at a large fabrication shop- at lunch time one of the welders asked to bum 3-5 bucks for lunch because he had no money. I did not have the cash that day...so I went to a buddy and asked if the fellow could get it of him...my friend told me the guy ALREADY got cash off him. We asked around the shop and the beggar had collected 5 bucks each from 19 different guys.

...that sure is some lunch he needed money for.

Bbnc
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
someone on my friend list used to be like begging me all the time to buy sth for 15 plats... i had to delete him/her. sorry.

Chaim Nail
04-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I only give gold to those who ask under 1000g lol.

Please don't, it just encourages them to pester everyone else for gold.

How do you know the person begging isn't just a low level toon someone created soley for collecting money from suckers to fund their high level toon?

Bbnc
04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
nice theory.

Helicopter
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM

How do you know the person begging isn't just a low level toon someone created soley for collecting money from suckers to fund their high level toon?

Wow.Im never lending money to beggars again. Thanks Chaim. (Seriously Thanks)

Haowesie
04-09-2013, 10:28 PM

I only give away 'smelly helm' and 'smelly plate'... Just so they know what I think about them :)
Though I have given a copper chest once or twice... It's the upgraded 'chest' version of 'smelly helm/plate lol

inkredible
04-10-2013, 12:33 AM
On my pass time, when someone get lucky in windmoore

someone get spam with rust plates and ripped shirts ;)
i reject gifts for that reason lol

Caiahar
04-10-2013, 01:02 AM

But u can liquidate em for MONEH!

Cero
04-10-2013, 03:48 AM
accepting arcane pet.donations and myth items.

tyvm
-Cero

Dormirson
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
When I log on it usually take about three seconds before someone wants money...or ask to trade for my armor or weapon which is a lot better than theirs...but it is the constant whispers from people I do NOT know that bothers me...I have no problem if a friend or Guild mate asks...but complete strangers....leave us alone.

aooqbior
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I find it funny when people ask,but hate it when im trying to trade and got loads of pm"s saying plz 1kkkkkk then fkkkkk off when we dont give lmai

Greencrow
04-10-2013, 05:08 PM
If they asked for gold.
be generous

give 1gold. youd be surprise how happy they are

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anywyas. me and my friends do it for fun. run around naked and ask people for money

haha remember what we did in kraag together with serancha? :)
we were bored that time cuz of bad loots

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

xroxinex
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
.here's a quick trick for them to stop wen they ask u just say random words in different languages and there like wat u say?that's wat I do hope it helps.

wrathstorm
05-15-2013, 02:13 AM
I also got some people begging me for gold and I'll choose to give them not more than 1k gold. If they insist I will tell them nicely, to fire the kraag cannon by how many gold they want. :) And I don't mute people unless they're really mean such as not understand human language.

Asahetek
05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
I really don't like beggars, and it's been hard enough as it is for me lately to make gold since the loot system is horrible and you can go a long time without getting lucky. I don't mind helping friends and guild members occasionally but not some random stranger, also there are ways to get gold like farming normal/ elite mode for eggs and chests, using platinum to buy gold or doing the free gold offers.

But unfortunately in games like these people are to lazy or greedy and don't want to work for it and isn't much you can do except ignore them, teleport away from them or hide in the guild hall

xcainnblecterx
05-16-2013, 12:13 AM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh528/Cyanidecid/l-7456_zps597e9476.jpg

Syylent
05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I usually say "no hablo ingles". Then when they start speaking in spanish I say "Sorry I don't speak spanish". Then I ask "spechen deutsch?"

Then I just ignore them. It's sorta like the same dude when I would come out of the office building downtown for lunch he would tell me that I have a nice tie, he found Jesus, he has a rough life and can I spare some change. Every single day the dude would ask me for money. Finally one day, I printed off the unemployment website their form and brought a pen with me. I gave him the form and the pen and a pre-stamped/addressed envelope.

The dude asked me again the next next for money. I shook my head and kept walking.

Rare
05-16-2013, 09:48 AM

Watch out!!! You don't want to get trade banned!

VOla Hanghang
05-16-2013, 12:06 PM
There is a awesome way to chase away beggars... When they beg for golds, BEG them back... And remember to CHASE after him=D I did that to few beggars and they run n teleport away.. Lolx :p

Sociopathic
05-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Hell, i beg now and again!
In real life, i wouldn't kill someone, i might just steal a bit of bread, i wouldnt trick someone, and if i ask for something i ask once and politely, and if someone asked for something i'd probably give it to them.

So i guess because what i do on the internet apparently reflects my personality in real life, i go around killing innocent animals to get 'XP' and money aswell? Maybe also that means i carry a weapon with me and mug people too. It's all total rubbish!

If someone asked for money from me in an MMORPG, i wouldn't give it to them. If someone asked me for money or food in real life, chances are that if i didn't need it myself i'd give it to them.

psychoscream
05-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I agree with volaa lol

Rosetiti
05-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Lol funny thread. I used to had alot of beggars follow me with Aunctioneer/Mythic title. What I do is say no and give em copper chest cause I'm really tired of carrying these copper. Sometimes I just chose a random poor dude and give em all my low loot.
But I used to play a game when im on my twink (inventory toon). I ask people for gold. Just 200. If they give me, I will give em 400 back for their generousity. Lol. All of them are quite surprised and thanks me lol. Like once a guy see me have no clothes he gave me a chest with 800 gold. I gave him back a legendary staff.

Zheng An Peter Han
05-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Lol funny thread. I used to had alot of beggars follow me with Aunctioneer/Mythic title. What I do is say no and give em copper chest cause I'm really tired of carrying these copper. Sometimes I just chose a random poor dude and give em all my low loot.
But I used to play a game when im on my twink (inventory toon). I ask people for gold. Just 200. If they give me, I will give em 400 back for their generousity. Lol. All of them are quite surprised and thanks me lol. Like once a guy see me have no clothes he gave me a chest with 800 gold. I gave him back a legendary staff.

nice! i should try this too..:)

xroxinex
05-20-2013, 07:54 PM
I usually say "no hablo ingles". Then when they start speaking in spanish I say "Sorry I don't speak spanish". Then I ask "spechen deutsch?"

Then I just ignore them. It's sorta like the same dude when I would come out of the office building downtown for lunch he would tell me that I have a nice tie, he found Jesus, he has a rough life and can I spare some change. Every single day the dude would ask me for money. Finally one day, I printed off the unemployment website their form and brought a pen with me. I gave him the form and the pen and a pre-stamped/addressed envelope.

The dude asked me again the next next for money. I shook my head and kept walking.
Lol that's exactly wat I do