PDA

View Full Version : Ranges.

Caiahar
04-08-2013, 08:42 PM
On my voodoo, and other twinks, I've been countlessly told that I don't know the ranges. O know the ranges of the skills, but I don't know how to measure the ranges In game. It also shows I'm a noob. Like drain. Ppl say I drain at 15m, but I don't know how to measure that. Can someone help me?

Bootdaddy
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
If you use beckon a lot or blast shot think of using it while using drain

Caiahar
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
If you use beckon a lot or blast shot think of using it while using drain

I don't even know HOW to measure ranges in game. The only way I can think of is
Get a pumpkin chunker, which is 13m range
Kite with it.
Get a little bit closer then the kiting range, which will be 12m
Shoot off drain, frost and/or fire.

But is there any other way? I can't afford a chunker right now.

Bootdaddy
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I can give you one get on now

cookiez
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Practice

Caiahar
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Practice

Practice? I just need advice on how to know my ranges.

Deathofan
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Xbows will indeed help you. If you are running to your opponent, press auto at 15m so it shoots as you get within it's 13m range, once you see it shoots that's a signal you can use all your 12m skills (I.e fire frost drain).

XghostzX
04-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Practice

Practice? I just need advice on how to know my ranges.

Each skill has a description of it's range. Frostbite, drain, and fire have a range of 12m. Basically, you practice judging where that skill is at from a distance. There's no way to measure it - get a friend, do some tests, then practice in real sitatuations.

Shilooo
04-08-2013, 10:28 PM
When I started pvp I actually drew lines on my screen saver (the plastic cover) at 12, 10 and 8m. Didn't take long to grt the hang of it. Have a friend join a locked game and hold still to practice range. Don't need to kill him, take off your gear and just fire (12m no delaly) till you get close enough. Then start doing it when your moving. Gl

Subscriber
04-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Honestly not that difficult just takes some practice. Go into a locked game nude with a friend and practice your 12m, 10m, and 8m skills.

D-:
04-09-2013, 11:12 AM
I learned my range through practice, practice, practice, not going gearless in locked and Blast shotting people.

TheBedtBird
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Ranges frequently change for me, its times where im about 3 meters from the guy and none of my skills land, then suddenley the guy chargers forwards buffs and lands all of his attacks on me. Its a bit hard to tell range nowadays. Just use your skills when you feel your close enough, range is just an instinct to me:)

Everyone'sFavMage
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Honestly not that difficult just takes some practice. Go into a locked game nude with a friend and practice your 12m, 10m, and 8m skills.

Will you be my nude friend?

Roberto077
04-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Drain at max range then using a push back or running away from eachother makes drain seem farther. Drained someone from across forest manor because of stomp + repulse + barrel + firestorm

Ujustgotnuked
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Some people practice standing still and testing the range, DONT do that, those guys have no idea what theyre at, cuz u font just stand still in a fight do u? U run st each other or away from each other, if u wanna learn ranges, the best way is to fight rushers, cuz when they run for buffs, ull use ur combo and it might hit, then u know the ranges can be that far, or ull miss, that means ur too far out of range and u will learn ranges that way, or u can just have normal fights with people

Subscriber
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Will you be my nude friend?

Only if you're down.

Yeah you people are stupid if you stand still and fight, to learn the ranges go into a game of PvP and practice.

OverkillED
04-11-2013, 07:44 AM
I've noticed that chrome and iOS devices have different ranges. At least it seems different for me. There's not an actual way to calculate range exactly, it's just judging by practice and prior knowledge. It takes a while but it's easy to get the hang of.

Yich
04-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I used to go around friendly stomping people in 17 PvP. You just get as far as you can and stomp, it helps teach you 8m. With a lot of people friendly stomping, it gets kind of fun. Then an evil forg bow comes in and kills everyone, ruining it for everyone. That was a dark day...

Griffinfan
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
There's a guide for that, Check this out

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52159-Guide-Calculate-the-Distance-!!