PDA

View Full Version : About mages.

Trande
04-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone. :)

Could someone share we me with some helpfull information please? Cause the problem is... that i die alot with my mage.. the gears r good n stats too.. but i keeo dying in elite seas everytime.. ive been trying many ways to not die..not using heal n other skills.. but anyway i die rlly much. Was talking with friend of mine.. n he told that maby i should buy gears with for example Sealord helm * OF WILL* so it will give me Hp n armor.. but - dps n dmg.. i kinda like it cuz then ill have +350 health n 100armor.. but like - 25 dps.. So guys.. mby u have some good ideas.. n could share some tips how to play with mage in elite seas, cuz havent ayed with mage for a long time. :) but i rlly like it ^^

So, thanks for any help. :)

Have a nice day :)

Rare
04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Best tip I can give is get use to dying if you are playing squishy blue guy

Otawaazavie
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM
If you are dying a lot I suggest you use the security version of sealord or bloodhammer. Also put 5 points in passive mighty. You will see a significant increase in your hp. If this still doesn't work use a pet that also gives str like Clyde, malison (dex also increases further your hp), ribbit, slag, etc. You haven't said anything about the skills you use but if you haven't already put points in it, ice is a must for elite farming and has very good dot too. I suggest you always charge it when you are facing groups of mobs so that it freezes more than one. Also try to keep them as a group with time shift so your fireball and ice hit many mobs each time you activate them. Last but not least: find a good party. A good warrior with good timing of his taunts and horn is the key to party's survival. I hope I helped

Trande
04-09-2013, 05:32 PM
If you are dying a lot I suggest you use the security version of sealord or bloodhammer. Also put 5 points in passive mighty. You will see a significant increase in your hp. If this still doesn't work use a pet that also gives str like Clyde, malison (dex also increases further your hp), ribbit, slag, etc. You haven't said anything about the skills you use but if you haven't already put points in it, ice is a must for elite farming and has very good dot too. I suggest you always charge it when you are facing groups of mobs so that it freezes more than one. Also try to keep them as a group with time shift so your fireball and ice hit many mobs each time you activate them. Last but not least: find a good party. A good warrior with good timing of his taunts and horn is the key to party's survival. I hope I helped

Amm about my stats, i have Time, fire, ice n Heal, 5/5 passive int and 3/5 dex, but i might change dex into str. All my stats is on Int, but was thinking that mby i could put some into str. too and about pets, im usin mostly wrath or slag in elite. About party, i have pretty good guys,n we can finish Elite ss in like 4 - 4,30min. but anyway .. averege i die like 6-7 times in elite seas, i think thats ALOT for 1 fast run. :)

And for last Thanks for info. :)

Bootydots
04-09-2013, 05:40 PM
You should switch out heal for shield, has saved my sorc from many 1 shots

xcainnblecterx
04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
For us blue guys dying in elite is not avoidable so dont feel to ba

Trande
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
For us blue guys dying in elite is not avoidable so dont feel to ba

yah, thats true, but anyway i have 17k kills and 1k deaths,, i have seen people with 40kills and 300 deaths, n then i feel like some noob lol

Trande
04-09-2013, 06:15 PM
You should switch out heal for shield, has saved my sorc from many 1 shots

i could, but i use heal because of my teammates, i have saved many lifes, n thats why i mostly die, i make my teammates full Hp n Full Mp but i stay with 0 Hp ^^ Heeh.. i mostly think about my teammates, not soloing the elite. :) Team is the Important part in elite, otherwise if everybody will think only about themselves u will cant make fast runs, n will die alot.. :)
Thats my opinion. :)

Zeus
04-09-2013, 06:17 PM
i could, but i use heal because of my teammates, i have saved many lifes, n thats why i mostly die, i make my teammates full Hp n Full Mp but i stay with 0 Hp ^^ Heeh.. i mostly think about my teammates, not soloing the elite. :) Team is the Important part in elite, otherwise if everybody will think only about themselves u will cant make fast runs, n will die alot.. :)

Way to take one for the team! I'd love to run with you some day. :)

Trande
04-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Way to take one for the team! I'd love to run with you some day. :)

Haha, Thanks buddy :) Really appreciate that. :)

You can add me in Game if u want, If ill be Free i surely will run with u. :)

DemonicKiss ( Mage ) or Trande ( Warrior. )

:)

stackz
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
you run from the red or stand still? you gotta duck and roll man lol.

also, when I toss a heal, I generally back up real quick and give the attackers a quick second to repull agro before I continue spamming my skills. bloodhammer really hates a heal getting tossed from what I can tell so I will heal and step back and hit on the mobs that jump on board for a second before respamming him.

GoodSyntax
04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
^ Yes

Lifegiver is a big aggro skill. Once you heal, back off and allow Rogues or Warriors to regain aggro (Warriors preferably). As soon as you cast a heal, you will almost assuredly get aggro, so you have to kite and back out of range.

A good team is critical to success. If Warriors can't get and maintain aggro, or in a pinch, a couple of Rogues picking up aggro, then your team is flawed.

Elite seas is a perfect setup for a good team of Warriors, Rogues and Sorcerers. Stand in the right most corner, wait for a huge mob to spawn and then start dropping clocks as soon as it cools down. Then Rogues can drop Traps, Warriors can cast VB (which if you are within range, you receive the buff as well), and both you and the Rogues can Crit away with lightning/fireball and aimed shot/nox/trap.

I am glad that you keep an eye out for your team. Unfortunately, most PUGs I run in simply don't get that point.

You would be welcomed to run on my team any time you like :-)

xcainnblecterx
04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
yah, thats true, but anyway i have 17k kills and 1k deaths,, i have seen people with 40kills and 300 deaths, n then i feel like some noob lol

yea i see that to lol. I got about 15-20k kills and almost 700 deaths, still feel noob. I member on pre release how difficult the game was

Bootydots
04-09-2013, 07:28 PM

ahhh well that kinda answers your question right there. Without using heal im sure your deaths will diminish, nothin wrong with taking one for the team though.

TheStoic
04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I member on pre release how difficult the game was

Yeah, true, playing a mage at the start of the game, I was afraid to go to Brack Village normal because Jarl kills me easily then.

Lifebringer
04-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Alot of the above info is very good. Especially kiting and moving as soon as you heal.
I've recently respecced. I've gone full str. I have 3k health and 250+ dps. Prior to respect I was at 406.5dps.
Since respeccing I've not died in pve.
In my opinion mages skills are more important than damage and a dead mage can't cast. So staying alive and healing outweighs damage. Saying that if your not in a decent party with a warrior who knows how to keep ago and preferably 2 rogues for the damage, your probably endup dieing regardless of spec.

wvhills
04-10-2013, 07:30 AM
full strength mage in elite? O.o

Valsacar
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
This should be in the sorcerers section of the forums, where there are many answers to your questions.

It would also be appreciated if you could type out WHOLE words, it makes it much easier for others to read. Take a few seconds and make your posts more readable; there is no limit on how long you can spend writing a good post.

Energizeric
04-10-2013, 08:18 PM
As you mentioned in your original post, I use the "of will" gear for both PvE and PvP and I find it works great. I have no problem sacrificing a little damage for a lot of health.

Trande
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
^ Yes

Lifegiver is a big aggro skill. Once you heal, back off and allow Rogues or Warriors to regain aggro (Warriors preferably). As soon as you cast a heal, you will almost assuredly get aggro, so you have to kite and back out of range.

A good team is critical to success. If Warriors can't get and maintain aggro, or in a pinch, a couple of Rogues picking up aggro, then your team is flawed.

Elite seas is a perfect setup for a good team of Warriors, Rogues and Sorcerers. Stand in the right most corner, wait for a huge mob to spawn and then start dropping clocks as soon as it cools down. Then Rogues can drop Traps, Warriors can cast VB (which if you are within range, you receive the buff as well), and both you and the Rogues can Crit away with lightning/fireball and aimed shot/nox/trap.

I am glad that you keep an eye out for your team. Unfortunately, most PUGs I run in simply don't get that point.

You would be welcomed to run on my team any time you like :-)

Hehe, Thanks :) And i definetly will do elite runs with you, Thanks for inviting, really appreciate it. :)

Trande
04-10-2013, 08:34 PM
As you mentioned in your original post, I use the "of will" gear for both PvE and PvP and I find it works great. I have no problem sacrificing a little damage for a lot of health.

Okay, Thanks, im gonna try it surely, haven't tried yet, because wasnt sure if i will not just throw gold away. :)

Trande
04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Alot of the above info is very good. Especially kiting and moving as soon as you heal.
I've recently respecced. I've gone full str. I have 3k health and 250+ dps. Prior to respect I was at 406.5dps.
Since respeccing I've not died in pve.
In my opinion mages skills are more important than damage and a dead mage can't cast. So staying alive and healing outweighs damage. Saying that if your not in a decent party with a warrior who knows how to keep ago and preferably 2 rogues for the damage, your probably endup dieing regardless of spec.

3k HP for mage sounds awesome ^^ I'll definetly gonna try this build to. :) Thank you