PDA

View Full Version : Whats the longest paper you have ever written (school)

Griffinfan
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
How long was it and what was it about?

I have a 15 page double spaced paper to do on Asthma :/

Bless
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
8 page essay on treaty of versailles. 8 page essay on slavery, 7 page essay on tourism, 7 page essay on world war II

Griffinfan
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
8 page essay on treaty of versailles. 8 page essay on slavery, 7 page essay on tourism, 7 page essay on world war II

single spaced?

DocDoBig
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Hand-written , too ?

Last exam round 870 words over 6 pages in 100 min.

Zeus
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
20 page philosophy paper.

Then again, professors don't read that crap, so I ended up putting code speak in that paper too telling him how useless his paper was and how he'd never read it.

Two semesters later, he never caught it and I got an A on the paper :)

Rare
04-10-2013, 12:02 PM
My senior research paper. 40ish pages. Lots of figures and graphs though

Subscriber
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
9-10ish research paper on the study of Robotic Engineering in the Medical Field.

Griffinfan
04-10-2013, 05:01 PM
My senior research paper. 40ish pages. Lots of figures and graphs though

Lame, haha

Rare
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
It WAS pretty lame. A study of single electron transistors and nano technology.

CrimsonTider
04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
My thesis was 32 pages, single spaced. That does not include my 5 pages of research data, 4 pages I had to type to the Research Review Board to get permission to conduct, I also had to type pre and post tests and surveys for both parents and students.

My topic: Parental Influence on Childhood Physical Activity.

And to think, I am considering trying to start my Ph.D. in the next year.

Griffinfan
04-10-2013, 06:32 PM
My thesis was 32 pages, single spaced. That does not include my 5 pages of research data, 4 pages I had to type to the Research Review Board to get permission to conduct, I also had to type pre and post tests and surveys for both parents and students.

You practically wrote a book haha, I am not looking forward to writing this paper :/

Oldcoot
04-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Dannnnggg!
I half to take off my shoes to count past 10.

LwMark
04-11-2013, 02:54 AM

Dannnnggg!
I half to take off my shoes to count past 10.

I always like readin ur posts Oldcoot

rivet
04-11-2013, 03:25 AM
100+ Handwritten Pages per term (Subject: Machine Shop Theory and Practice) consisting of:

Discussion of Theory
Definitions
Detailed Drawings
Sample Problems

CrimsonTider
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
You practically wrote a book haha, I am not looking forward to writing this paper :/

Tell me about it. I have heard dissertations are A LOT worse. Still checking my sanity before committing. :)

Subscriber
04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Tell me about it. I have heard dissertations are A LOT worse. Still checking my sanity before committing. :)

Hey Crim, you said you were working on your Ph. D? What part of the field, doctor, pharmacy, surgeon, or just to have it?

The Flash
04-11-2013, 03:53 PM
18 pages on Target Corp. for my marketting class mid term.

CrimsonTider
04-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey Crim, you said you were working on your Ph. D? What part of the field, doctor, pharmacy, surgeon, or just to have it?

I MAY... ;). I am a teacher and a few universities offer Ph.D.'s in the field of Health and Wellness (P.E. for the lay person.) Before I had a change of heart, I was 2 years into my D.P.T. (Doctor of Physical Therapy), but I want to stay an educator. I also have the ability to get my Ed.D. which is an educational doctorate.

My brother-in-law is a surgeon and is pushing for me to go back. Waiting to find my "dream" school to teach in so I am not as stressed once I do decide to go back.

Iphoneington
04-11-2013, 05:15 PM
20 page philosophy paper.

Then again, professors don't read that crap, so I ended up putting code speak in that paper too telling him how useless his paper was and how he'd never read it.

Two semesters later, he never caught it and I got an A on the paper :) Haha smart;)

Griffinfan
04-11-2013, 10:32 PM
18 pages on Target Corp. for my marketting class mid term.

I work for target...I couldn't even write 5 pages on them...lol

Bbnc
04-14-2013, 05:34 AM
probably my thesis. 64 pages. now i am writing another one. It is already 150 pages. someone wanna help me ? (;_・)A single tear…

CrimsonTider
04-14-2013, 05:54 AM
probably my thesis. 64 pages. now i am writing another one. It is already 150 pages. someone wanna help me ? (;_・)A single tear…

Two problems I have with this statement:

1. Those are ridiculous numbers for a thesis. Yes, you need enough information to support your research, but you also need to be concise.
2. I have never heard of anyone having to write multiple thesis' for a single post-baccalaureate degree.... ever.

Sorry for the pessimism, but everyone who knows me will tell you I will call "bs" when I see it. This is what I see.

Bbnc
04-14-2013, 05:58 AM
first one : college degree
second one : master's degree.

I made simulations for both of my thesis. The outputs and comments on them takes so many pages..

No one seems to believe me on this forum . *sigh*

CrimsonTider
04-14-2013, 06:06 AM
first one : collage degree
second one : master's degree.

I made simulations for both of my thesis. The outputs and comments on them takes so many pages..

No one seems to believe me on this forum . *sigh*

Coming from someone with multiple college degree's, I have only had to write ONE thesis. As did my brother and the tons of other friends and family members I know who hold Master's degrees and beyond. And again, the length is what concerns me. Either you are making it up or have some of the worst research professors ever.

Having a medical background, I have wrote/read way too many research papers. Any professional will tell you any paper(s) as long as yours will lose the reader from page one. My thesis was 32 pages and it was probably 10 pages too long. Heck, my brother-in-law's dissertation wasn't 64 pages long, let alone 150+.

Again, I can do what few on these forums can on this topic: Speak from experience.

Bbnc
04-14-2013, 06:09 AM
i don't live in usa. this is how it works here. Comparing pages is something ridicilous by the way.... even you are in usa or other country.

also it depends on your subject. as i said before simulationsi outputs and images take many pages. what am i trying to prove ?

anyway, thanks......

i can show you many thesis having at least 200 pages. If you ask me, i find very short pages thesis weird ( if it is a research paper. i dont mention simulations, because when you do only simulations- "not research" - you dont need many pages) but everyones or countries education system, writing thesis rules or thesis subjects may vary so i wont judge you. because i know there are differences.

CrimsonTider
04-14-2013, 06:36 AM
i don't live in usa. this is how it works here. Comparing pages is something ridicilous by the way.... even you are in usa or other country.

also it depends on your subject. as i said before simulationsi outputs and images take many pages. what am i trying to prove ?

anyway, thanks......

i can show you many thesis having at least 200 pages. If you ask me, i find very short pages thesis weird ( if it is a research paper. i dont mention simulations, because when you do only simulations- "not research" - you dont need many pages) but everyones or countries education system, writing thesis rules or thesis subjects may vary so i wont judge you. because i know there are differences.

I also know that a "thesis" is reserved for post-baccalaureate degrees. Not judging, stating fact.

Bbnc
04-14-2013, 06:42 AM
okay.

Wowsome
04-14-2013, 06:51 AM
In my discipline, a paper is never more than 6-7 pages, so that is what I followed. However, my thesis was 56 pages long (just checked :p).

Not that it matters :)

Uzii
04-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Two problems I have with this statement:

1. Those are ridiculous numbers for a thesis. Yes, you need enough information to support your research, but you also need to be concise.
2. I have never heard of anyone having to write multiple thesis' for a single post-baccalaureate degree.... ever.

Sorry for the pessimism, but everyone who knows me will tell you I will call "bs" when I see it. This is what I see.

I dont really know whats unbelievable on this..

in my country for bachelors (or dunno how u call it) degree u need to write 30-40 pages (54000-72000 signs) for masters 50-70 (90000-126000) and for dissertation 80-120 (144000-216000). Very strict criteria + other rules, if u dont match u can repeat whole year.

maybe the word thesis is not appropriate i dont know, but as i understand u speaking abt papers needed for a certain degree.

I think this is ridiculous too but it is how it is. My friend wrote 200+ pages (+additions). i wrote only 70. Its a time of a life u never get back. and u call ppl liers ... pure arogance. As she sayed every countrys rules vary.

Bbnc
04-14-2013, 11:46 AM
^ this.

thank you.

Whirlzap
04-14-2013, 11:11 PM
760 page mentally typed paper on the history/life of Whirlzap in Pocket Legends...and still going.

Scratch that, 761 pages!

Delphina
04-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Senior year Communication Research paper... I think it was about 26 pages. I got an A on it and she saved it to show her students the following year! I forgot what it was about though lol

Deadroth
04-15-2013, 04:24 AM
I wrote mine "Omnibus of Greek Mythology" for the 31 pages :) I love mythology so why i shouldn't write that :P

Griffinfan
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I wrote mine "Omnibus of Greek Mythology" for the 31 pages :) I love mythology so why i shouldn't write that :P

I don't think I could write two pages on that, nice work

jerzy448
04-21-2013, 08:07 AM
25 page research paper for English 102

subject: methods used to control slaves during slavery.