PDA

View Full Version : Personal Plea to Developers and Players

Gavry
10-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Let me start by saying, Devs, I am constantly in awe of your amazing work ethic and consistent updates and development. While I'm currently not completely blown away by the latest campaign, it is starting to grow on me.

Developers
My request to you is to please spend some time now, on developing game mechanics and new features, and leave the new campaigns for a while. Back when there was a roadmap, there was a heap of game features that people were looking forward to, that sadly are still not in the game. I know the easiest way for you to make money is to sell new campaigns, so I understand the impulse to constantly create new ones. I just feel we are all playing a 50% complete game that, with a few key features added, would be totally epic. As stated a while ago, it was envisaged that the player level cap would be 100. As most of us and now 1/2 way there already, I would really like to see a more complete game experience for my send half of the journey. Listed below are the items I think really need to be looked at, and added/update:

1. Guilds

2. Auction House (I have seen the player shop feature coming, which is a good start)

3. Enhanced quests. They feel so 1/2 done right now. We need multi-part quests. Collect a number of rare items and return for next part, etc. Puzzles and riddles to solve. Right now blind and deaf Eddie can manage them all. Collecting 1000 items is not a quest, its just torture. How about a full set of Mynas Isis gear in return for an enhanced Mynas Isis helm, maybe +1 H/s and a cool new look?

4. Enhanced messaging, both online and offline.

5. Skill/class/attribute enhancement and balancing. Shameless plug (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9105-Skill-amp-Attribute-Overhaul).

6. Pets.

7. Enhanced Friend list.

8. More map interaction. Locked doors, Traps, etc

9. Enhanced items. Add passive spell effects and more offensive effects.

10. Dungeon randomization (thanks Arterra)

etc.
etc.

Players
Show you support to the developers by buying some plat. They need to be paid for all this incredible work. If you can't afford to buy some more then a big thank you at least.

I have just purchased another 75 plat, that I certainly have no need of right now, however, I feel the game and developers deserve my support.

Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone and please add your own encouragement for further development of the amazing game.

Arterra
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Players
Show you support to the developers by buying some plat. They need to be paid for all this incredible work. If you can't afford to buy some more then a big thank you at least.

I have just purchased another 75 plat, that I certainly have no need of right now, however, I feel the game and developers deserve my support.

Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone and please add your own encouragement for further development of the amazing game.

apart from them just needing support, just imagine how much there will be for you to buy with your new plat if they get funding for all this great stuff. already thru 40 plat of my 160 i got just for ao3 and extra.

AMEN.

Royce
10-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I just bought another 165 plat right before the AO3 update. Hopefully some new hats will come out...

Arterra
10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
bumbed my random dungeon thread to accompany this (needed a second look thru after a victory lap experience)

Azrael
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
this belongs in the suggestions thread (not to mention almost everything on you OP has been stated by other players, or is on the devs list of things to add to the game already)

Gavry
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
this belongs in the suggestions thread (not to mention almost everything on you OP has been stated by other players, or is on the devs list of things to add to the game already)

That's the whole point! I'm not suggesting anything new. The whole intention is to point out the huge list of things that have been discussed at length by devs and players, and sadly are still not in the game.

From my original post: Back when there was a roadmap, there was a heap of game features that people were looking forward to, that sadly are still not in the game.

Azrael
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
That's the whole point! I'm not suggesting anything new. The whole intention is to point out the huge list of things that have been discussed at length by devs and players, and sadly are still not in the game.

From my original post: Back when there was a roadmap, there was a heap of game features that people were looking forward to, that sadly are still not in the game.

Ya well, i was about to semi flame this one, but i'll simply say that perhaps requesting one or two of those planned developments rather than all of them at once would be better. They already hire 2-3 more guys, and they obviously had trouble releasing ao3 in the time frame they originally hoped for. There is a limit to what 6-9 guys can do. They have a list, and they are working on developing the game while release new map packs.

Gavry
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I fully agree with all being a heap of work,

Prioritise them. Give us a new roadmap. I'm not asking for everything now. I would just like to see a few months work on game mechanics and features at the expense of maps. If there are blatant flaws and missing features in the game, new maps aren't going to fix them. I suppose at the crux of my request is to get some work done on the nuts and bolts before adding more maps?

Oh well, that's what I'd like to see anyway.

Azrael
10-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I fully agree with all being a heap of work,

Prioritise them. Give us a new roadmap. I'm not asking for everything now. I would just like to see a few months work on game mechanics and features at the expense of maps. If there are blatant flaws and missing features in the game, new maps aren't going to fix them. I suppose at the crux of my request is to get some work done on the nuts and bolts before adding more maps?

Oh well, that's what I'd like to see anyway.

Well apparently the auction house is slated for 1.5 (consignment shop.)