PDA

View Full Version : List of suggestions

Joesmo
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't claim to be the most experience player but after playing each character to at least lvl 13 I've come up with this a few suggestions. I believe these are all original ideas. I did try and read the suggestions board because I didn`t want to repost anything but I didn`t actually get around to reading them all so my apologies for reposting. As for my grammer and spelling I also apologize. Im not scholar or writer. Just wanted to get my opinion out there.

Just like to say that I do smash the game a little bit but I`d just like everyone to know I am having a lot of fun with it and I`m frequently looking forward to updates in the game play.

Hopefully I dont get to many TLDR`s

Something to do other then Grind!
This is by far the most important updated needed and it needs to be quickly. While for now I don't mind waiting for updates of guilds, pvp, quests etc. They're a to many people leaving the game because they get bored of just killing things. There needs to be something to do in the game that doesnt include grinding ASAP. And yes I do realize your working hard to get it done I just wanted to stress the point ASAP.

The Bear
I don't know how many of you have tried more then one of the characters but if you have you'll find that the bear, or warrior of the game, is exceptionally worse then the other characters. I thought for sure after one of the recent patches that this was fixed but to my dismay the patch did almost nothing. One problem with the bear is that most of his skills are knock back. Why would I want to knock back my enemy when I'm just gonna have to go chase after him. Maybe while tanking against a huge mob you need a second so you do a group knock back and heal but other then that they're pretty useless. This leads to my next point, why is Space Studios forcing this character to be a tank? Generally when I play these types of games I'm the warrior, swordsman, or guy with a big axe. Whatever you wanna call it thats what I am. Never have I liked being a tank and so when this bear character forced me to do so I became rather annoyed at all the time I wasted on him. Now I find myself using the Bird for melee because the bear just doesnt cut it.
In summary I think the Bear or warrior character needs to be redone almost completely.

Armour status
I love the wide range of armour sets that this game has but there is one problem. The colours and look of the armour are almost completely random to what stats it has. In my personal opinion I think it would make the game just a little more enjoyable when each armour colour has a set range of levels. That way when you see a character walking around in the black misty armour you look in awe and then scramble to touch and see what level he is.

Inbetween game and life
This is a game for the iphone, ipad and ipod touch. So this game should be made to cater to the iphone, ipad and ipod touch. What I mean by this is when I get a text on my iphone I cant A. read and it and wish I could reply but can`t because im in the middle of a grinding or B. leave the game reply, start the game up again and then start a new game. Both are rather irratating. This also applies to music. I`m listening to my own music while playing and after a while decide to change the song but OH yeah wait I can`t do that with out leaving the game. So an easy way to leave and comeback to your game would be greatly appreciated. Would make the game so much more enjoyable. Just like a minute to leave and come back to your current level would improve this game just that much more.

Auto Attack Issues
Maybe it`s just me but there seems to be a few issues with the auto attack. First of all there needs to be a better system. I`m fighting in a mob and have to be watching my health but i also have to be watching if I`m still attacking. As these two things are in opposite sides of the screen it become slightly difficult to contiusly watch both. This probably a rather big problem for the Ipad but I dont actually know for sure. If your laughing right now saying the screens tiny, how could you possibly not watch both at once. Go find a mob and try! It`s harder then it sounds.
Secondly I find that often the auto attack button just doesn`t work. I press it, the dotted line shows my the track to my target but I don`t move. Whether this is to do obstacles of some sort in the way I don`t know but it can be rather annoying with wasting buff times.
The last problem is when I press my attack button while on auto attack it often takes a few mili seconds to long respond so I press it again. This in turn leaves me not attacking at all. This I think could very well be due to my lack of patience but I thought I`d bring it up anyway.

Being Cheap
I don`t know how hard pressed everyone at Space Studios is for money but I think its really cheap to be charging players to use emotes. Honestly I find it pathetic. I`m sorry but thats my opinion.
Also if the skills are changed please dont charge us a dollar to switch where our skill points go. Thats just not fair at all. Whether you temporarly take the price away or permanently take the price away I dont care. Just make it free after updates. Again these are just my opinions I don`t mean to be insulting.

Server Change
Seeing as I have several characters it would be very handy to have a back button to the server selection screen rather then being logged out.

I hope that this helps you guys at Space Studios out. If not at least I can say I tried.
Thats all for now. I`ll probably be posting more after version 1.1 comes out.

Thanks for reading.

Xynasty
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Inbetween game and life
This is a game for the iphone, ipad and ipod touch. So this game should be made to cater to the iphone, ipad and ipod touch. What I mean by this is when I get a text on my iphone I cant A. read and it and wish I could reply but can`t because im in the middle of a grinding or B. leave the game reply, start the game up again and then start a new game. Both are rather irratating. This also applies to music. I`m listening to my own music while playing and after a while decide to change the song but OH yeah wait I can`t do that with out leaving the game. So an easy way to leave and comeback to your game would be greatly appreciated. Would make the game so much more enjoyable. Just like a minute to leave and come back to your current level would improve this game just that much more.

I agree with this suggestion. I am listening to music sometimes and talking with friends on MSN.

However, the other suggestions are good too.

Joesmo
04-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I agree with this suggestion. I am listening to music sometimes and talking with friends on MSN.

However, the other suggestions are good too.

Yeah, It's a pretty crucial improvement for an Iphone. Getting texts and not being able to reply is very frustrating.
Thanks. :D

Druc
04-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, It's a pretty crucial improvement for an Iphone. Getting texts and not being able to reply is very frustrating.
Thanks. :D

We're going to have to wait for multi-tasking to be released in OS 4.0 to take advantage of this, It's a problem with the OS and not Pocket Legends:
http://gizmodo.com/5512656/how-multitasking-works-in-the-new-iphone-os-40

However I thought PL did have some sort of timer? I know I've taken a quick phone call and been able to log into the same game within a few minutes. I've been unable to find any documentation to support this tho.

Futumsh
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Empty (but not completed) instances stay around for 5 minutes before they close.

Joesmo
04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Empty (but not completed) instances stay around for 5 minutes before they close.

Sorry could you explain this? I don't understand.

Demarrer
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM

If you are doing a dungeon and everyone leaves, the map has zero people in it. After five minutes of an unfinished map having nobody in it, it is deleted.

Zeya
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM

If a party starts an instance (level) and then all the party members leave (or their connection drops and they are booted or whatever), then the instance will still stick around for 5 minutes. You can see these when you're browsing the list of games (instances) and see ones that have a population of 0. That means there is noone in there, but you can still join it like any other game. But after 5 minutes of nobody in the instance, it will disappear (because noone cares about it anymore).

Splurd
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM

IMO 5 minutes is too long, and it bloats the game list with empty games.

Splurd
04-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Inbetween game and life

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr.

cough kidding.

Firstly, if your ipod is playing, and you need to change song, you can double tap the home button and it should open the ipod controls (without exiting your game)

Secondly, the reply sms thing, you can get around it with several methods that require jailbreaking your iPhone (backgrounder, reply anywhere). But its not a Pocket Legends issue, its a issue with the phone it self.

Auto Attack Issues
Maybe it`s just me but there seems to be a few issues with the auto attack. First of all there needs to be a better system. I`m fighting in a mob and have to be watching my health but i also have to be watching if I`m still attacking. As these two things are in opposite sides of the screen it become slightly difficult to contiusly watch both. This probably a rather big problem for the Ipad but I dont actually know for sure. If your laughing right now saying the screens tiny, how could you possibly not watch both at once. Go find a mob and try! It`s harder then it sounds.
Secondly I find that often the auto attack button just doesn`t work. I press it, the dotted line shows my the track to my target but I don`t move. Whether this is to do obstacles of some sort in the way I don`t know but it can be rather annoying with wasting buff times.
The last problem is when I press my attack button while on auto attack it often takes a few mili seconds to long respond so I press it again. This in turn leaves me not attacking at all. This I think could very well be due to my lack of patience but I thought I`d bring it up anyway.
Um. I honestly dont find the juggling of attacking, watching my health, and my skill cooldowns that hard. And you can always turn off auto attack, and just continuously tap the attack button.
As for the auto atttack lag, I think it has to due with your connection with the server. I have experienced it as well,

Flamin
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Those are some nice ideas.

Joesmo
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
If you are doing a dungeon and everyone leaves, the map has zero people in it. After five minutes of an unfinished map having nobody in it, it is deleted.

Thanks, defiantly didn't know that. Still I think the ability to just jump from your game to your text and back would be very handy. I dont care so much about getting back into my level because you can just start a new game at any level youd like. I would like to stay in the current game I'm in with out logging out. This way while I'm gone the people I'm with arnt all leaving. I find that people leave at the slightest hint of a slower of xp gain. I'm getting into to much of my personal opinion now though. Better to stay on the broad topics that help the game.

If a party starts an instance (level) and then all the party members leave (or their connection drops and they are booted or whatever), then the instance will still stick around for 5 minutes. You can see these when you're browsing the list of games (instances) and see ones that have a population of 0. That means there is noone in there, but you can still join it like any other game. But after 5 minutes of nobody in the instance, it will disappear (because noone cares about it anymore).

Thanks again? Lol..

IMO 5 minutes is too long, and it bloats the game list with empty games.

I defiantly agree with you on five minutes. I dont think anybody every uses this feature anyway since its so easy to start a new game at any level.

tl;dr.
cough kidding.
Firstly, if your ipod is playing, and you need to change song, you can double tap the home button and it should open the ipod controls (without exiting your game)

Secondly, the reply sms thing, you can get around it with several methods that require jailbreaking your iPhone (backgrounder, reply anywhere). But its not a Pocket Legends issue, its a issue with the phone it self.

Um. I honestly dont find the juggling of attacking, watching my health, and my skill cooldowns that hard. And you can always turn off auto attack, and just continuously tap the attack button.
As for the auto atttack lag, I think it has to due with your connection with the server. I have experienced it as well,

Rofl, I new it was to long. I've tried the double tap several times and it hasnt worked once. Maybe I lack the skill of double tapping but I somehow doubt it.. I don't know what else would be wrong.
As for your second comment; I figured as much. For some reason I just cant get the hang of watching them all at once. Maybe its cause I almost always play right before I sleep.
Lags annoying but Ill get over it.

Those are some nice ideas.

Lol. Thanks. No opinions, or thoughts? Just nice.. I like it. :P