PDA

View Full Version : Pro name

wammm
04-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes it is. I wonder why sts removed the dash thing. It's cool tho.

D-:
04-11-2013, 04:17 PM
No, they have "-Fnord" for a reason.

wammm
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
No, they have "-Fnord" for a reason.

:o what's the reason ? :0

I like your sig btw :p

razerfingers
04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Yes it is. I wonder why sts removed the dash thing. It's cool tho.

Use to be two servers they merged and fnordians got their name and -fnord xD pro right?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Way back when Pockets Legends was a wee little thing, there were two servers.

Back then, developers were just starting off and Pocket Legends was their "make it or break it" opportunity. Anticipating massive popularity, as they were the first to release a mobile MMO on the Apple app store for iOS, they created two servers. These servers were called the following: 1. Fnord & 2. Alterra

Alterra was the most popular of the latter. This would have been fine, but the two separate servers created complications. People could not move their characters between servers! As Pocket Legends was just starting off, it did not have the player base that it has today.

Thus, there was an issue. Logically, developers did not want to separate their newborn player database - they wanted them to play together. So, as a result, developers removed Fnord and Fnordians were given a free rename to remove the "-Fnord" from their name.

Example: Kraze on the Fnord server would become Kraze-Fnord on the Alterra server during the transition. Players could choose to keep the -Fnord or use the 1 time free rename to rename their character.

Also, of course, it was more economical for STS to have one server versus two. I imagine that this freed up some resources so they could bring to us the campaigns that you all now enjoy today.

Yich
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Back then, developers were just starting off and Pocket Legends was their "make it or break it" opportunity. Anticipating massive popularity, as they were the first to release a mobile MMO on the Apple app store for iOS, they created two servers. These servers were called the following: 1. Fnord & 2. Alterra

Alterra was the most popular of the latter. This would have been fine, but the two separate servers created complications. People could not move their characters between servers! As Pocket Legends was just starting off, it did not have the player base that it has today.

Thus, there was an issue. Logically, developers did not want to separate their newborn player database - they wanted them to play together. So, as a result, developers removed Fnord and Fnordians were given a free rename to remove the "-Fnord" from their name.

Example: Kraze on the Fnord server would become Kraze-Fnord on the Alterra server during the transition. Players could choose to keep the -Fnord or use the 1 time free rename to rename their character.

Also, of course, it was more economical for STS to have one server versus two. I imagine that this freed up some resources so they could bring to us the campaigns that you all now enjoy today.

Good read.

wammm
04-11-2013, 04:43 PM

Very well said. TYVM Apollo!

razerfingers
04-11-2013, 04:48 PM
So completely ignore my shorthand version? :'(

Fao
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM

I didn't.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 05:01 PM

I loved your shorthand version! Simple and to the point! :)

razerfingers
04-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I didn't.
Haha so you're like me and read every post on the thread if its a short one?

I loved your shorthand version! Simple and to the point! :)

Thanks! I was trying to come off sarcastic in my previous post ;) hard to do via text xD But when i explained how they got their name i didnt have time and didnt want to write the whole story. But good thing you did or he'd be like wut? Thnks fer shrthnd ;)

Fao
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I do read everything, I don't want to skip any and then be lost when I see another post that was answering that one.

wammm
04-11-2013, 06:29 PM

I didn't as well.

razerfingers
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
xD

KingFu
04-11-2013, 10:04 PM

If it helps, I read your one sentence summary, but I didn't read Parth's article. Partially cause I already know what he was explaining but still...

Devs won't revive my -Fnord char -.- Sux.

Zeus
04-11-2013, 10:23 PM
If it helps, I read your one sentence summary, but I didn't read Parth's article. Partially cause I already know what he was explaining but still...

You called it an article! <333333333333

razerfingers
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM

Haha pro ;) you guys all love me thoe and that blows!

LwMark
04-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Id love to have these names

Fnord-Fnord

Or

Alterra - Fnord

I tried to get Alterra when we could get names but theu said it wasnt available so either somoeone got it or that player logged in tbis last year..doubt it

Randomguy
04-12-2013, 12:20 AM
killerz-fnord is at it again

Suentous PO
04-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Id love to have these names

Fnord-Fnord

Closest

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/th_2d751ea24778e60cfb8796c2fda09db8.jpg (http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t500/suentous/?action=view&current=2d751ea24778e60cfb8796c2fda09db8.jpg)

Edit bad sizing. I am ign fnordfnord.