PDA

View Full Version : What is up with "rushing"???????

ArkAngelz
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
OK first of all when I started to play this game I was excited for the PvP. But then I started to realize the horrible truth and the definition of this so called "rushing." And then you have to say "go" to start fighting. I mean seriously? This has got to be a joke. Is there any game out of the millions that uses this "rule"? What kind of deathmatch is this? What kind of PvP needs someone to be ready? AND PEOPLE GET MAD OVER THIS. Has anyone ever played a freakin game before. Do they not know what PvP is? I know that the main reason for this is so people don't farm beginners. However, you can't just change the whole gameplay because of people*being beginners. There is no game that does that. This has got to stop. From my understanding, there used to be no rushing rule. I think we should all go back to how PvP SHOULD be. I am suggesting someone make a "rushing" guild so we can make Star Legends how it was in the beginning. There that is my little speech. Please voice your opinion.

quanebo
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
lots of ragers, just go to ctf if u want ffa

ArkAngelz
04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
lots of ragers, just go to ctf if u want ffa
Yeah I know that but its also going to CTF. I see people saying go there now also. Plus rushing is giving a people a reason to farm noobs not prevent farming.

quanebo
04-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah I know that but its also going to CTF. I see people saying go there now also. Plus rushing is giving a people a reason to farm noobs not prevent farming.

then make ur own game and wen someone comes tell em its ffa.

ArkAngelz
04-11-2013, 06:22 PM
then make ur own game and wen someone comes tell em its ffa.
Yeah but then no one plays because they are so accustomed to the "rule." And then they will tell everyone that I'm a rusher and when I join other games everyone farms me and no one helps me cause apparently I'm a rusher.

quanebo
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah but then no one plays because they are so accustomed to the "rule." And then they will tell everyone that I'm a rusher and when I join other games everyone farms me and no one helps me cause apparently I'm a rusher.

O.o if u say ffa before anyone gets murdered then u shouldn't be called a rusher lol..host locked games wit friends if nothing else

ArkAngelz
04-11-2013, 06:41 PM
O.o if u say ffa before anyone gets murdered then u shouldn't be called a rusher lol..host locked games wit friends if nothing else

Yep okay. ._. But I just think its stupid how it isn't standard for PvP to be FFA. I mean even dark legends is FFA.

quanebo
04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep okay. ._. But I just think its stupid how it isn't standard for PvP to be FFA. I mean even dark legends is FFA.

some people wanna show off there skills in 1 v 1

javier995
04-11-2013, 07:29 PM
The idea of "rushing" started off in PL, when PvP came to SL the idea came with it.

It's a thing that has been engraved into the community and the unwritten rules, so to speak, which I don't see changing ever. The main reason for this "rushing" thing is that people like to see just how good they are and try to improve. People like to be good, and like to know if they need improvement or not; which is how the idea of "go" or "duels" came into effect. There's also the reason of "protecting" the newbs in PvP, which I like to do. That's my favorite reason for these "duels", they'll have fun and they won't be picked on.

There are guilds that do FFA, like Free For All and PK, and there's also players who do FFA.

There really isn't a way to change this, but there is ways to avoid getting teamed after you "rush".

They are:
- make your own game
- play with your friends
- play private matches
- go to CTF

This isn't DL, it's SL and the two communities are very different. DL was FFA since day 1, since their maps are basically set up for that. You can't really compare the two since their communities are very different.

The standard isn't to not "rush", it's to play how you want to play. If people don't want FFA, then leave their game and make your own FFA game.

Bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with FFA. It's just the host's and the players in the game decision whether or not to do FFA, if they want to cool and if not that's cool too. There's really no reason to be getting mad at how people like to play the game, just make your own game and cool your jets.

quanebo
04-11-2013, 07:50 PM
The idea of "rushing" started off in PL, when PvP came to SL the idea came with it.

It's a thing that has been engraved into the community and the unwritten rules, so to speak, which I don't see changing ever. The main reason for this "rushing" thing is that people like to see just how good they are and try to improve. People like to be good, and like to know if they need improvement or not; which is how the idea of "go" or "duels" came into effect. There's also the reason of "protecting" the newbs in PvP, which I like to do. That's my favorite reason for these "duels", they'll have fun and they won't be picked on.

There are guilds that do FFA, like Free For All and PK, and there's also players who do FFA.

There really isn't a way to change this, but there is ways to avoid getting teamed after you "rush".

They are:
- make your own game
- play with your friends
- play private matches
- go to CTF

This isn't DL, it's SL and the two communities are very different. DL was FFA since day 1, since their maps are basically set up for that. You can't really compare the two since their communities are very different.

The standard isn't to not "rush", it's to play how you want to play. If people don't want FFA, then leave their game and make your own FFA game.

Bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with FFA. It's just the host's and the players in the game decision whether or not to do FFA, if they want to cool and if not that's cool too. There's really no reason to be getting mad at how people like to play the game, just make your own game and cool your jets.

wut he said lol.

ArkAngelz
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info Javier :) I agree with you however I believe it isn't protecting the noobs. They get farmed once people realize they aren't good and since most of them don't know the "rules" they will rush at first. And by the time they realize they can't do that, they'll be already labeled as "rushers." You can't say you haven't seen this happen right?

quanebo
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info Javier :) I agree with you however I believe it isn't protecting the noobs. They get farmed once people realize they aren't good and since most of them don't know the "rules" they will rush at first. And by the time they realize they can't do that, they'll be already labeled as "rushers." You can't say you haven't seen this happen right?

ive seen this happen way to many times...

gison
04-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm the best rusher in sl.

You'll know me alone in a guild.

Ps- no such thing as rushing.

ArkAngelz
04-12-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm the best rusher in sl.

You'll know me alone in a guild.

Ps- no such thing as rushing.

Hehe nice gison. And I'm totally with you on the no such thing as rushing part. Saw your previous thread on bringing back the original PvP. Hope you start it again xD

javier995
04-12-2013, 01:25 AM

I haven't seem them being labeled as "rushers", I've just seen people "defend" against them when they do "rush". I don't really see anyone farm them for it, if they do I usually say something to either the farmer or the farmee. That usually stops the "rushing" and "farming".

Rittik
04-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I haven't seem them being labeled as "rushers", I've just seen people "defend" against them when they do "rush". I don't really see anyone farm them for it, if they do I usually say something to either the farmer or the farmee. That usually stops the "rushing" and "farming".

Javi steals my words always :)

-Rik[Rittik]

ArkAngelz
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Yep because you're really good so people listen to you and they don't want to get on your bad side. I can't do that :/

Itoopeo
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
If you wamt to play game where PvP is always ffa, go to PL. Everytime i join there someone is sitting on spawn and killing ppl who trys to respawn. Thats everytime. And if theres no actual spawn, then there are 3 higher level birds teaming everyone who joins. Thats why everytime i join to game i just kill everyone, because PL pvp is that. Then they say i rush, and i tell them PL has not such as 1v1 anymore. Its gone. But SL pvp is still fun because its mot automatically Ffa. You can 1v1 and try to kill every player of game. If someone rushes, we tell him rules and if hes not listening, just keep him dead. But in ctf its automatically FFA. Every time. If someone says in ctf room that "rusher! :-0" just be like this:

ArkAngelz
04-12-2013, 01:55 PM
If you wamt to play game where PvP is always ffa, go to PL. Everytime i join there someone is sitting on spawn and killing ppl who trys to respawn. Thats everytime. And if theres no actual spawn, then there are 3 higher level birds teaming everyone who joins. Thats why everytime i join to game i just kill everyone, because PL pvp is that. Then they say i rush, and i tell them PL has not such as 1v1 anymore. Its gone. But SL pvp is still fun because its mot automatically Ffa. You can 1v1 and try to kill every player of game. If someone rushes, we tell him rules and if hes not listening, just keep him dead. But in ctf its automatically FFA. Every time. If someone says in ctf room that "rusher! :-0" just be like this:

LOL nice. Do you know what the rules are for AL?

quanebo
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL nice. Do you know what the rules are for AL?

its ffa there.

gison
04-12-2013, 05:34 PM
If you wamt to play game where PvP is always ffa, go to PL. Everytime i join there someone is sitting on spawn and killing ppl who trys to respawn. Thats everytime. And if theres no actual spawn, then there are 3 higher level birds teaming everyone who joins. Thats why everytime i join to game i just kill everyone, because PL pvp is that. Then they say i rush, and i tell them PL has not such as 1v1 anymore. Its gone. But SL pvp is still fun because its mot automatically Ffa. You can 1v1 and try to kill every player of game. If someone rushes, we tell him rules and if hes not listening, just keep him dead. But in ctf its automatically FFA. Every time. If someone says in ctf room that "rusher! :-0" just be

Omg.omg. You're suddenly so pro. Srsly.

Pl doesn't ffa all the time, they rush you maybe because you:
1). Wear noob gear.
2). As you stated above, "rush everyone"
3). Or they just plain hate you.

There's no such thing as rules in pvp.
WEAK pvp players invented the "go" system so they'll have good KD.

javier995
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Yep because you're really good so people listen to you and they don't want to get on your bad side. I can't do that :/

Lol I guess that'd explain why drama tends to "stop" when I enter a game in TDM, or when people are being teamed in Forest CTF & everyone stops when I enter haha. I think it's hilarious.

quanebo
04-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Lol I guess that'd explain why drama tends to "stop" when I enter a game in TDM, or when people are being teamed in Forest CTF & everyone stops when I enter haha. I think it's hilarious.

also the reason I always call u for help in a pvp match :3

Itoopeo
04-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Omg.omg. You're suddenly so pro. Srsly.

Pl doesn't ffa all the time, they rush you maybe because you:
1). Wear noob gear.
2). As you stated above, "rush everyone"
3). Or they just plain hate you.

There's no such thing as rules in pvp.
WEAK pvp players invented the "go" system so they'll have good KD.

Im not wearing noob gear, i wear only best for my level, PL pvp is ffa, and no one knows me they still sit at spawn

gison
04-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Im not wearing noob gear, i wear only best for my level, PL pvp is ffa, and no one knows me they still sit at spawn

Lol. Ok.

Itoopeo
07-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I created a bird account. Spawning other "pros" in PL is hilarious. They rage so much. One shotting birds and mages.... If they kill me with luck, I just force close PL and open SL as usual.

Even with noob molten gear birds and mages dies from one blast shot. So easy kills. Not doing this on devilfinn account ofc my gm would not like

Callmemyking
07-23-2013, 11:14 PM
I think the no rushing rule makes sense I mean wut if there a 3 ppl in ine team sgainst one? No matter how good u r u cant beat three ppl and like u said it also protects beginners. If thrre werent a no rusing rule by the time ppl got to lvl 40 their k/d be completly behond fixing

Callmemyking
07-23-2013, 11:16 PM
And srry lotsa errors but u get my point
:D

Mogunsforme
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Actually the strong ones did because ops were op in beta...

Mogunsforme
09-12-2013, 02:23 PM
If pvp was equal on all sides then we would not have the go system.

infinateshadex
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I personally like the go system, as I like 1v1, but dnt like to have to tell every stinkn person a pass. I dnt mind ffa as long as all agree to it in a room, if one person yells out FFA and every1 says na, but they ffa anyway... that makes them two things, 1, dumb, 2, dead. however I do not like the fact that the go system has been moved to cft as well... I like ffa in cft, having to say go just dnt work when some1 carting ur flag off :/

CARNIVALCLOWN
10-28-2013, 03:50 PM
well watch out for me cuase im gonna rush till i die

NoobishPRO
11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
And one think that prevents dm from being Ffa is the fact that u can aim at only one person not like AL/DL ur attacks go randomly anywhere.

Itoopeo
11-29-2013, 06:49 AM
well watch out for me cuase im gonna rush till i die

You are com.... So... you are gonna tickle everyone?