PDA

View Full Version : Pet's Attribute Points Bonus vs Damage % Up

gundamsone
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm sure this has come across some of your minds and I was wondering the same myself but
when do you think AP boosting pets (such as Mally) will be worse than a damage % up pet (like Flapjack)

At the current level cap, I'm already noticing the increasing effects of pets such as flapjack/kettle.
In addition do you think harder to obtain pets will require a stats change in the near future so they keep their spot on the food chain?

Look at the highly sought out Glacian, a 20-30m pet similar to malison but does not provide any % dmg boosts.
Sooner or later a simple pet like Flap will provide a higher raw damage for the user than this pet, (not taking into consideration it's other abilities)

I believe to solve this problem at higher levels, the pets will have to provide a % boost to dex/int/str once they hit past a certain level where it will matter.

jb57542
04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
I completely agree with this post. Percent base pets and skills will eventually become the best. Mage shield for instance becomes more useless with each new lvl cap. While passive ability for % DMG increase becomes better. With 10% DMG boost on 200 DMG u get 20 DMG which is almost the same as 30 points into int or Dex. I think within next cap or two the gap will really start to show and favor % increase builds.

ishyrionek
04-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Pets which increase yours main stats, increase dmg aswell. You can check Bonus Dmg on avatar page.
Malison 20 stat = 10% bonus dmg + add dmg from main and secondary stat.
So flapjack isnt much better in dmg, but dont boost hp so nice.

Slag, kettle are very nice in output dmg.

"To solve this problem"... Use right pets.. Aswell as sts will provide new pets, specially myth & arcane :-)

"Mage shield for instance becomes more useless with each new lvl cap. "
There is upgrade that make shield better (absorb more dmg). Dunno that number of how much depend on dmg, but I believe, when sts will change some skills in wizzard, they will make it depend from dmg.

gundamsone
04-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Early in the game, it makes sense and is much easier to implement as system that gives fixed stats, either for pet bonuses or skill abilities...but later on it makes much more sense to base these skills off a % instead of a set value

And in my honest opinion, pets like kettle, wrathjaw will be better than Glacian by the next patch for those users strictly looking to max damage output.

drgrimmy
04-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Early in the game, it makes sense and is much easier to implement as system that gives fixed stats, either for pet bonuses or skill abilities...but later on it makes much more sense to base these skills off a % instead of a set value

And in my honest opinion, pets like kettle, wrathjaw will be better than Glacian by the next patch for those users strictly looking to max damage output.

I totally agree. Unless things change my top pets next season will be flapjack, loki and slag with 15%, 15% and 12% damage boosts, with the pets with 10% damage boosts becoming a more viable option. In anticipation of and out of shear boredom I have started to level up all pets with 10% and over damage boost. My previously favored pets of clyde and colton probably won't get as much use anymore. I don't really see malison being that great of a pet next season. As it is now even in this season I feel that the damage output of these pets (flapjack, loki, slag) is basically on par with colton for a mage, yet probably not used as often as one's stat page with these pets doesn't look as impressive :)

gundamsone
04-11-2013, 07:38 PM
The same issue exists with pets that give m/s and h/s

Maybe as they level up, the amount of hp and mana regened per s also needs an increase proportional to the players level.

Azepeiete
04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
@DrGrimmy- pretty sure Colton has 10% damage, so it's still viable.

@this thread- I've actually begun to use kettle over malison, because one aimed shot stacks more crit than malison already, and my blades his 20 dmg higher per crit with just the difference between Mali and kettle.

Zuzeq
04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Excellent observation, this is why one should take advantage of this weekends double XP event to cap their Slags, Wrathjaws, McCraws and Kettles.

drgrimmy
04-11-2013, 10:45 PM
@DrGrimmy- pretty sure Colton has 10% damage, so it's still viable.

@this thread- I've actually begun to use kettle over malison, because one aimed shot stacks more crit than malison already, and my blades his 20 dmg higher per crit with just the difference between Mali and kettle.

Colton does have 10% damage, but if you do the math the extra 5% damage of flapjack and Loki
(for a total of 15%) will probably add more damage than the extra 30 int of Colton at lvl31.

Energizeric
04-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Flapjack has always been my favorite pet. I'm lazy and hate using pots, so I love the extra regen, and of course the damage and arcane stun attack are awesome too.

Caiahar
04-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Flapjack has always been my favorite pet. I'm lazy and hate using pots, so I love the extra regen, and of course the damage and arcane stun attack are awesome too.

I agree, I use him many times in PvE and PvP.

P.S: I got flapjack in 16 cap, where he was worth over 300k.