PDA

View Full Version : RIFT & VOID & COSMOS! q

Raxie
10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
this is not a selling thread. this is to discuss about the bonus stats that the new ao3 items give.
so first of all, rift is for str and gives 11 str, 8% crit and 2 h/s.
void is for dex and gives 11 dex, 8% dodge, 2% crit, 1 h/s and 5 m/s.
lastly, cosmos is for int and gives 11 int, 3% crit, 3 h/s and 8 m/s.

the rift gear isn't that good imo, stat-wise because it only gives 2 h/s. however, the 8% crit can be really handy, especially for a tank as you will often see high orange hits. as well as having good crit, the rift weapons are godly and maybe some people will use isis/thoth str gear but use a rift weapon. for paladins, an ideal solution could be three thoth gear and a rift weapon.

void is actually pretty good for dex, especially dex mages. this is because it gives 5 m/s; essential for all mages. for archers or bow bears, i'm not too sure how this will work out... the 8% dodge is really great but birds nor bears need that much m/s. maybe similar to the str situation, archers and bow bears will mix and match with thoth/isis gear.

now, finally the cosmos gear. this is absolutely perfect for pure mages because they will have so much mana regen! instead of the 6 m/s that usual thoth gear gives, cosmos give 8 m/s! however, this is quite bad for int bears and int birds because they honestly don't need that much m/s; they would need more h/s. so again, they would have to mix and match with isis/thoth gear.

well, these are my thoughts and advice to you people with the new gear. please, feel free to contribute and discuss.

Azrael
10-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Yea... Rift is more for a dps warrior, but tanks need dodge more tham crit and more hs... I think alot of tanks will stick to isis if they can find new set items with this stat.

It might be an attempt to nerd pvp dodge rates... But sadly that problem is rooted in the buffs. Then again in pvp once ur buff is down ur dead anyway regardless of base dodge. Maybe two rift. One isis and one thoth... Or you can go all rift and hope u kill everything before u gey damaged

Raxie
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
but i think rift gear gives better armour than isis/thoth gear. i think it depends on whether people want more armour or more regen, i guess.