PDA

View Full Version : New expansion skills

Rollo
04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Not sure where to ask this, so feel free to move thread if needed.

Will there be new skills added to the game when the expansion comes out?
Or will you be bumping up skill levels past 5?
Or will we just be maxing all our skills?

Thanks for any info

FluffNStuff
04-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Just want to make sure you know there are plenty of passive skills to put points in.

Rollo
04-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Just want to make sure you know there are plenty of passive skills to put points in.

Or will we just be maxing all our skills?

I'm aware, personally, the passives that I haven't maxed don't interest me much. Damage, armor and speed passives don't appear to have a noticeable effect. As a warrior im not interested in the int passive. Dodge might be slightly useful. Anyhow, this isn't a thread about build choices. I'm just curious as to what they plan on doing.

Zanpakuto
04-13-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm a a warrior and I'll max out dex. Depending on how much I get knocked around, the rest in armor. If not as bad as kraken update, I'll put all into int

drgrimmy
04-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Good question. I liked how in season one and two you had to make smart choices about
how to build your toon most effectively. It is almost coming to the point that you are able to
max out on all desired skills and passives. I think something should be done to keep it
interesting and keep variation between players and builds. Otherwise it just gets a little
boring. Skill allocation got a little stale in PL where everyone was just running around with
the same maxed out skills.

wowdah
04-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Good question. I liked how in season one and two you had to make smart choices about
how to build your toon most effectively. It is almost coming to the point that you are able to
max out on all desired skills and passives. I think something should be done to keep it
interesting and keep variation between players and builds. Otherwise it just gets a little
boring. Skill allocation got a little stale in PL where everyone was just running around with
the same maxed out skills.

Completely agreed I hope there will be new skillz.

falmear
04-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Rumor has it, all skills will be platinum operated with a random chance of them working. If they don't, you get a gum ball instead.

Lady_Pebbles
04-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Rumor has it, all skills will be platinum operated with a random chance of them working. If they don't, you get a gum ball instead.

...and you're lucky if you even get a gumball. XD

Chaim Nail
04-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Acquiring skills through plat purchases would detrimentally skew the whole game, squarely dividing it into those who buy plat and those who don't. Not a situation most players would welcome.

Energizeric
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see them keep all the skills and passives the same, but instead expand each one a little further. Maybe add a 5th upgrade for each skill, and maybe a 6th point to all passives. That will keep things interesting without requiring us all to start doing respecs.

I think this solution would also address many complaints we all have about various skills. They could add new upgrades to make each skill better to address complaints about weaknesses in skills.

rivet
04-14-2013, 01:42 AM
I'd like to see them keep all the skills and passives the same, but instead expand each one a little further. Maybe add a 5th upgrade for each skill, and maybe a 6th point to all passives. That will keep things interesting without requiring us all to start doing respecs.

I think this solution would also address many complaints we all have about various skills. They could add new upgrades to make each skill better to address complaints about weaknesses in skills.

Agree!

Maybe put additional 2 upgrades to sub skills too.

Example:

1. Skills under Skyward Smash will have 2 additional upgrades
- 6m to 7m.... 8m
-15% additional damage to 18%... 20%

2. Might passive adds 30str (6th upgrade)

3. Mana Regen Passive skill

4. Mana Cost Reduction Passive Skill.

Rollo
04-14-2013, 03:50 PM

Hahaha... if it wasn't true before, I'm sure it will be now xD