vulgarstrike
10-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Two Options

The Real Way
The Cheap Way

The Real Way
Get two archers, one tank(can be dpsive), and two paladins
You can also work with 2 archers, 2 tanks, and 1 paladin
If you must you can settle with a pure mage.

Have the tanker(s) equip both the damage and armor potions. Have ONLY him run into the field, stun, gun, and slash and move the boss towards the barrels. Try pushing stomping, or "scaring" him away into a barrel. When this happens, his mana shield should fall. At this point, both archers should be coming in, buffing, debuffing, and blast shotting the space out of the overlord. Quickly run back out. The enchantress(es) will always stay back behind the gates, and when someone dies, run in there, resurrect them, and run back out. Enchantresses SHOULD NOT be fighting!
If you have a good tank, he should be able to last the whole time without dying. It takes about 2 damage pots and 2 armor pots, as it is a BIT more than 5 minutes. Basically, the job of the tank is to do minimal damage and bring mana shield off. The archers to the giant damage, tank takes back aggro, and enchantresses just revive the fellers. This works very well.

The Cheap Way
So you don't want to or can't spend any money? Get a group of 4 tanks and a paladin. Tanks can tank. Paladin rushes around rezzing like crazy. Likely, you will all die, but at least you had a slight chance, and you didn't spend any money, right?

Raxie
10-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Enchantresses SHOULD NOT be fighting!
this is the main problem. why shouldn't they be able to fight when they paid for ao3 and want to join in on the action? maybe the overlord should do less damage to mages? i'm not sure...

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I think you should ask the Devs this question Raxie, IMO paladins are the greatest, i mean GREATEST help in clearing Ao3 Dungeons, so they are only Un-powered when fighting the boss, because they have no Dodge skill :P

j46g629h
10-06-2010, 11:20 PM
first time we killed him by rush

we tried many times just letting tank solo but it took quite long and we failed

then everyone decided to take armor and damage potion

stayed together and ran, push him to wall then dps

he health dropped to 50% very fast then I saw he was like stop attacking

I'm not sure why it worked but we did it

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 11:22 PM
j46g629h, whats your IGN? I think i went to fight Overlord with ya.

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 03:20 AM
fyi just in case you guys don't know, archers can lower the shield of the overlord by just using blast shot. u don't need barrels to do it.

vulgarstrike
10-07-2010, 11:44 AM
fyi just in case you guys don't know, archers can lower the shield of the overlord by just using blast shot. u don't need barrels to do it.

typically this works, but it seems to fail on the overlord

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 11:50 AM
nah we've tried it and it works

Snakespeare
10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Oh! Thanks for the info!! I will be sure to Blast Shot him every chance I get.

Azrael
10-07-2010, 09:05 PM
this is the main problem. why shouldn't they be able to fight when they paid for ao3 and want to join in on the action? maybe the overlord should do less damage to mages? i'm not sure...

Having one class take less damage "just because" is ridiculous. Enchantress is a magic damage/ healing class. The fact that there are one or two encounters where an enchantress cant be hacking and slashing away is fine.

Royce
10-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Having one class take less damage "just because" is ridiculous. Enchantress is a magic damage/ healing class. The fact that there are one or two encounters where an enchantress cant be hacking and slashing away is fine.

Yes, that would be fine. Too bad that is not the case here. Enchantresses can't do magic damage or healing either if they can't even be in the room...
BTW, I'm not supporting less damage to mages, but there needs to be a way for any class to participate in some way in the fight.

Azrael
10-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes, that would be fine. Too bad that is not the case here. Enchantresses can't do magic damage or healing either if they can't even be in the room...
BTW, I'm not supporting less damage to mages, but there needs to be a way for any class to participate in some way in the fight.

If i remember correctly the overlord doesn't do the heavy AOE damage attack while his shield is down. You wait outside until it goes down and then you move in to heal/rez/dps when its down. Then you go out. Moving in and out of the room is where half the strategy comes in.

Royce
10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
If i remember correctly the overlord doesn't do the heavy AOE damage attack while his shield is down. You wait outside until it goes down and then you move in to heal/rez/dps when its down. Then you go out. Moving in and out of the room is where half the strategy comes in.

True, but often his shield is down by the time anyone who was outside gets near him, kinda making their efforts pointless.
Edit: Uh yeah, I mean shield's back up

Azrael
10-07-2010, 09:32 PM
True, but often his shield is down by the time anyone who was outside gets near him, kinda making their efforts pointless. I

I think you mean his shield is back up before anyone can get near him, and i agree. I stated in a few other threads that he needs more hp, but his shield needs to stay down for a longer period of time, and that amount of time should always be the same.

dirtball
10-08-2010, 01:30 AM
What kind of damage does he do? Is it one massive single shot or AOE type of damage where one shot can kill all but the tanker?

One thing I've been thinking about is if everyone stays in a perfect line behind the tanker so the boss only has a line of sight to the tanker(who can absorb the blows), then the others will be protected by using the tanker as a shield. He can be healed by enchantresses and birds can shoot at him using bows, then all can use skills while staying in that line. Seems that everyone says even running in the room will get you killed so obviously kiting is not the answer. Just a thought.Hopefully I'll get there soon with my 45 enchantress.

Raxie
10-08-2010, 02:34 AM
the final boss can one hit my geared pure tank when not buffed.

Steverd
10-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Can someone explain the barrels to me on this boss?
So do you want to take the barrels out, or stay away from the barrels?

I think I screwed that up last night for a group I joined. oooopps/sorry.

Steverd

ZedMaster
11-20-2010, 05:20 PM
i can never find a way to beat this ends now

johnholley
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Same...a clear strategy, especially with the rebalance effects, would be nice

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
If you get the right mage. They aint too squishy. I'm a dual dex equipted mage. I survive overlord all the time. A tank pot is a must for overlord tho. For Keeper I can take 100% aggro and survive with no tank pot.

Kossi
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
NEW BREAKTHROUGH TACTIC!
2-3 archers
one archer runs in room and shoots break armour, blast, and other arrows and runs to a safe zone while the other archer runs in and throws the exact same at the OL.
while an archer is resting, it can cool down its arrows. this shouldnt take long

oh yes, and if you are good enough, you do not need any elixirs.

CanonicalKoi
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
We glitched him at the door and then stood just inside the door, filling him full of arrows. If you position yourself right, the Mage can stay planted in the niche with the guy that has aggro and still revive as needed. Worked great the last couple of times.