PDA

View Full Version : Scammed once again

Ape
04-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Yesterday I was doing in the middle of a trade when suddenly my trader left with a 500k profit.
This happend because we had a trade for 11.5m for my blackened dragon armor.
So our idea was me selling him an item first for 2m and after that he would give that item and the other 9.5m for my blackened armor.
But the item was a swift armor which is worth over 2.5m. So guess what happend, after we traded 2m for the swift armor he stopped awnsering me and logged out. I waited for about 2 hours after that and still he didnt came back.

This isn't the first time I got scammed but Knowing sts never does anything about this maybe you guys got some tips for me.

Ujustgotnuked
04-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Ape, its your own fault.........deal with it cuz Sts aint gonna listen

LwMark
04-13-2013, 06:49 AM
It is ur fault, u clicked confirm, done deal, if sts recovered these types of "scams" well then i wouldnt have to merch and i would just email sts all day everyday sayin so and so didnt give me the other 9,999,999 gold for my cracked staffs

KingFu
04-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Here's my tip for you, if it doesn't fit in the trade window don't bother trying to work it out.

Yich
04-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Ape you once told me youd give me 500k for a name. While I realize name selling is not very popular, it was an agreed deal that we had. Once I got the name, you called me a scammer and tol me you wanted nothing to do with buying the name. Trouble is, once you get a name you cant get the time you spent getting the name back. You'll get no sympathy from me, hypocrite. (Incase you forgot, the name was Ben and I still have it)

Ape
04-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Ape you once told me youd give me 500k for a name. While I realize name selling is not very popular, it was an agreed deal that we had. Once I got the name, you called me a scammer and tol me you wanted nothing to do with buying the name. Trouble is, once you get a name you cant get the time you spent getting the name back. You'll get no sympathy from me, hypocrite. (Incase you forgot, the name was Ben and I still have it)

First it wasn't 500k, it was a l.15 launcher and 2nd you misused sts support since they set up a rule that you can only request one name.
But of you really want your money just come and get it.

KingFu
04-13-2013, 08:05 AM
First it wasn't 500k, it was a l.15 launcher and 2nd you misused sts support since they set up a rule that you can only request one name.

They set up the one name rule later, so he didn't really misuse it. Most people recieved more than 1 name. I got 2, and I know multiple people with upwards of 5.

Just sayin'

Ape
04-13-2013, 08:08 AM
They set up the one name rule later, so he didn't really misuse it. Most people recieved more than 1 name. I got 2, and I know multiple people with upwards of 5.

Just sayin'

This deal of us was done when this rule was standing, so he did misuse it like many others did.

billybob1
04-13-2013, 11:25 AM
my tip....dont play poker with a guy named lucky....gf

KingFu
04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Question. If you were dealing with gold above max cash, why would you trade in Blacksmoke? There is no stash access there so you wouldn't have a place for the 2m to accept the trade for the 9.5m...

billybob1
04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Question. If you were dealing with gold above max cash, why would you trade in Blacksmoke? There is no stash access there so you wouldn't have a place for the 2m to accept the trade for the 9.5m...

lol!! my.....the little things we dont think about

Griffinfan
04-13-2013, 11:45 AM
So you took screenshots of it all happening? so you did you know you were getting "Scammed"

lmao.

KingFu
04-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Ya, it does look kind of sketchy. Especially since you screenshot you both agreeing on a price at that moment. Seems like if you were scammed, you'd go back in the chatlogs to screenshot it. You wouldn't screenshot at the moment of agreeing. I can't say I've ever done that.

So, you had to have at least had a hunch something was going on.

Promagin
04-13-2013, 12:17 PM
^_^

Zeus
04-13-2013, 12:22 PM
You do realize you could have made him bought the swift armor for 2.5m, and then make him pay you 9m gold...?

Ape
04-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Good to know everyone sides with the scammers now, maby I should start dealing this way.
Also as a vid maker I record most of the times when I play. And taking 1 frame out of a vid isn't that complicated even though I can imagine you guys not knowing this.

Xbuddyjosh
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
You do realize you could have made him bought the swift armor for 2.5m, and then make him pay you 9m gold...?

lol tyvm I'm out of thanks tho lol ;)

floats
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Fishy.

How come u screen the time ur trading that guy. I don't understand, you always taking screenies when u trade at someone?

Xbuddyjosh
04-13-2013, 12:30 PM
And btw ape - u realize there is a possibility that ur friend here who might have scammed u just disconnected or their device battery died... This has happened to me b4 trading from multiple accs with my friends ;) hope u get ur 500k back tho :)

Zeus
04-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Good to know everyone sides with the scammers now, maby I should start dealing this way.
Also as a vid maker I record most of the times when I play. And taking 1 frame out of a vid isn't that complicated even though I can imagine you guys not knowing this.

Ape, we aren't siding with the scammer. If it was a friend who scams you, I get it and would have sympathy. Well, I still have sympathy for this case, but it could have been easily avoiding by doing what I told you in the post two posts above this one.

He was a random dude, not even a friend. There was no reason to trust him at all.

That being said, I appreciate you calling his name out so others will be aware of this dude and to avoid him. I never once stated I didn't have sympathy. I just stated how easily this situation could have been avoided since you did ask for tips. Am I correct?

Gragorak
04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Sts should make the gold cap higher, some of my friends have been scammed in trades exceeding gold cap too. Sucks.

Griffinfan
04-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Insults?

Really?

Ape
04-13-2013, 12:54 PM
@apollo yeh your correct but for my next vid I really had to sell the black d armor so I tried to do it as fast as I could.
After all it didnt matter since I got banned ;)
Ill see ya guys next week I guess.

KingFu
04-13-2013, 12:54 PM

What's a video?

Ape
04-13-2013, 12:57 PM

What's a video?

... Ur not dumb.
But anyway, it are an amount of frames behind eachother with added music.

KingFu
04-13-2013, 12:58 PM
... Ur not dumb.
But anyway, it are an amount of frames behind eachother with added music.

Videos don't need music, but I can imagine you not knowing that.

skrapicoco
04-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I was doing in the middle of a trade when suddenly my trader left with a 500k profit.
This happend because we had a trade for 11.5m for my blackened dragon armor.
So our idea was me selling him an item first for 2m and after that he would give that item and the other 9.5m for my blackened armor.
But the item was a swift armor which is worth over 2.5m. So guess what happend, after we traded 2m for the swift armor he stopped awnsering me and logged out. I waited for about 2 hours after that and still he didnt came back.

This isn't the first time I got scammed but Knowing sts never does anything about this maybe you guys got some tips for me.

this is another reason why trade with stuff

my tip for you ape is dont give them anything until they payed u or close to it dont give them nothing unless you really trust them

and dont get to excited on trade's

Kixxler
04-13-2013, 01:42 PM
So you took screenshots of it all happening? so you did you know you were getting "Scammed"

lmao.
Yep, he was just screenshotting every step of the trade by "coincidence".

Whirlzap
04-13-2013, 02:40 PM
This is why you use trusted players or GoA as middle-men.

KingFu
04-13-2013, 02:43 PM
This is why you use trusted players or GoA as middle-men.

I'll be middle man give me all your gold plox.

Ape
04-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Sts closed the Goa and Aoa program, also there aren't much people I consider trusted players.
There also isn't a list of this.

Whirlzap
04-13-2013, 02:47 PM
I'll be middle man give me all your gold plox.
Hmmm....
Ok.

Yich

If this were the case, why wouldnt you have done it yourself and saved yourself the 500k? You knew exactly what I was doing. The only thing I did wrong was agree to get you a name for the fee that you offered to pay, recall that I wasnt going around spamming "selling names". At the time I was getting names for low level PvP friends because no one could find out how to do it themselves. I like seeing cool names and At the time i didnt do endgame. I didnt want endgame to get all the good names, as it was becoming popular in endgame. So i took it upon myself to make sure some low level regulars got names. I didnt know you, so you offered a reward for a service i was doing for friends, and I agreed to it. When I had already gone through the time consuming part of the service, you called me a scammer and broke ties between me and our mutual in game friends. Im glad to see you lose 500k, I dont want it now anyway and I think it's ironic that it's the same amount that you owed me.

Whirlzap
Sts closed the Goa and Aoa program, also there aren't much people I consider trusted players.
There also isn't a list of this.
Forum's search button is your friend.

Whirlzap
04-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Don't flame-bait plox, this thread is obviously going to get locked within a few hours when the Devs wake up from their beauty sleep and want to read their daily PL General Discussion comedy threads.

Stop.
There's a difference between helpful criticism and plain hate.
Acting like that just makes you seem ignorant and blatant.

Seriously, what did you expect from the PL forums? This?

OMG, i feel so sorry 4u , I feel so bad for you man
that scammer is so stupid and n00b

No.
What you should expect is facing the truth first; consider what you did wrong.
Sure, the scammer has guilt, but that doesn't clear you of guilt.

You asked for a tip in your main post.
Here's a tip; the forums supports the ToS and common sense with an iron-clad post; whatever the Devs have clearly stated they won't do is essentially the final verdict; they won't alter their normal protocol just for you or anyone else.
Thus, if you make a thread hoping for the above stated reason to be reversed, or simply to look for some sympathy as a result of your blunder with common sense, expect what you have just seen.
Have you ever noticed a second thread from anyone who has posted a first thread complaining about getting scammed? Have you noticed anyone who got scammed a second time after reading their thread's austere replies? No to both questions, because every thread like yours and those have faced what you have just seen. And after that, virtually none of those people ever got scammed again.
In the past, yes, there may have been more sympathy shown, but this is a different world now that PL is in now, and one that is much more closer to reality.

We aren't your parents; but if that's what you expected, then I'm truly sorry, because whoever told you that told you a simple, blind-folded, and twisted lie that garners no validity at all.

Btw,
;>

Yich
04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Don't flame-bait plox, this thread is obviously going to get locked within a few hours when the Devs wake up from their beauty sleep and want to read their daily PL General Discussion comedy threads.

probably not the best place to have said that, sure. I'll keep it to PM next time, officer.

razerfingers
04-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Lol, hey apollo and myst. This thread seem similar to one a few years ago? ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Caiahar
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh whirl zap posted here! Razor, why'd ya do necro? Wait, whirlzap is back, I forget.

ON TOPIC: There's really not much you can do about it, just email support, and they'll just ban him. Nothin' else mate. Have a ril G'Day mate.

CrimsonTider
04-13-2013, 05:36 PM
With as many threads there are about scams, scamming, trading, and so on, I can't say I feel sorry for anyone anymore. STS has changed trade options a million times to basically eliminate "scams." Do I like scammers? No. Are there ways to scam outside trading? Yep (such as internet scams.) But in these cases, excuses are.... well... excuses.

Sorry I'm not a ray of sunshine, but in this case you need a dose of reality with a dash of truth. (Actually applies to all who read.)

razerfingers
04-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh whirl zap posted here! Razor, why'd ya do necro? Wait, whirlzap is back, I forget.

ON TOPIC: There's really not much you can do about it, just email support, and they'll just ban him. Nothin' else mate. Have a ril G'Day mate.

what do you mean necro? yich's post is an hour previous to mine lol.... please read your pot before you hit reply not trying to be mean.

Spyce
04-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Same thing happened to me a while back.

Jcyee
04-13-2013, 07:17 PM
As a founder, shouldn't you know better than this...

Just use your common sense next time.

Delphina
04-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Here's my tip for you, if it doesn't fit in the trade window don't bother trying to work it out.

That is best tip we can give you. I'm going to close up this thread.