PDA

View Full Version : Guild wars

Ywak
04-13-2013, 01:23 PM
We should be able to have guild wars where two guilds meet an arena somewhere, and have an all out battle.No potions and the last standing member of whichever guild wins. There should also be a tournament with the top guild that has won most battles.hope you guys like this idea.
~Phoenix

Yich
04-13-2013, 02:18 PM
We should be able to have guild wars where two guilds meet an arena somewhere, and have an all out battle.No potions and the last standing member of whichever guild wins. There should also be a tournament with the top guild that has won most battles.hope you guys like this idea.
~Phoenix

Rated M wins, gg to all, well played.

Yich
04-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Pfft i take on all Rated M players at once and win.

Doubt it.

Whirlzap
04-13-2013, 03:57 PM
~Phoenix
While it undoubtedly raises the spirit of competition among guilds in PvP/CTF, it also inevitably does it.
Guilds would develop rivalries and it would condense into hated arguments and automatic rushing between each guild's players.
Knowing the equal and kind gameplay that STS strived for, the long-mentioned argument of Guild Wars will probably never be implemented.
Why? Because PvP/CTF would further dissolve into even more chaos than it is now.

Caiahar
04-13-2013, 04:34 PM
While it undoubtedly raises the spirit of competition among guilds in PvP/CTF, it also inevitably does it.
Guilds would develop rivalries and it would condense into hated arguments and automatic rushing between each guild's players.
Knowing the equal and kind gameplay that STS strived for, the long-mentioned argument of Guild Wars will probably never be implemented.
Why? Because PvP/CTF would further dissolve into even more chaos than it is now.

Another good job. One thing: two endgame guilds, Unity and Rated M already have a rivalry. I'm pretty sure those two are the only endgame guilds that have a "friendly" rivalry, others, not so much. I've seen cursing, swearing, hating, and other things that aren't appropriate to say on forums in guild wars.

Sryyoulose
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
People already rush you for who's in your guild... Or past actions pisses me off

Schnitzel
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
They already got mini guild wars.
Its called: one guild joins team red. Other joins team blue.

Roberto077
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't support this. Before I played Pocket Legends, I played Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus. I entered a clan war with my clan Pure Blood and another clan I wont mention the name of. Let's just say all the hate made me quit Modern Combat 2 and enter the game with the friendliest community of all.

XghostzX
04-14-2013, 02:27 PM
It's not even the rivalries and arguing/implementing that gets in the way. If it's last man standing, you might as well consider any STR users to win... with unbalanced classes/gear atm, it would be hectic, which would lead to more raging and trolling. People would develop huge egos.

Balance the game out first, then I'll be satisfied with this idea.

Ape
04-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I was to lazy to read all off this so I just liked it.
Weird enough I wasn't to lazy to type this. and this...

whisperwalk
04-15-2013, 07:17 AM
It's not even the rivalries and arguing/implementing that gets in the way. If it's last man standing, you might as well consider any STR users to win... with unbalanced classes/gear atm, it would be hectic, which would lead to more raging and trolling. People would develop huge egos.

Balance the game out first, then I'll be satisfied with this idea.

Last man standing is not going to work unless revive is disabled. Try killing a team of 20 mages.

Roberto077
04-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Last man standing is not going to work unless revive is disabled. Try killing a team of 20 mages.

20 Phoenix archers

MightyMicah
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Rated M wins, gg to all, well played.

There are more than just predominantly end game guilds.

I'm sorry but this just is not true. I don't mean to disrespect, but have you ever played any other mmo's before? Almost all of them have massive fights like this. It's true, many times rivalries can develop, but honestly I'd say the opposite of what you just said will happen, will actually happen.

As of now there is a big "every man for himself" mentality in pvp. If guilds begin to be more than just a way of getting cheaper elixirs and avoiding teamers, then guilds will get bigger and the players will begin to get to know each other better. There will at least become unity within guilds which is more than PL can brag at the moment.

I doubt the hatred levels can get worse than they are now, honestly, and I doubt that massive guild fights will cause hatred toward the opposing guilds. As long as the fights can be chosen and accepted by both guilds, and not forced on each other, guild wars are actually a very good idea indeed.

The biggest problem I have with this idea is that I don't know if pocket legends could handle it, speaking strictly in terms of server capability.

~Phoenix

The only problem I see with this is the whole "last man standing." That's gonna be really hard to accomplish in a massive guild war. It would be better if it was something like "first guild to 200 kills" just like the ordinary arena is at the moment.

cookiez
04-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Yayayyayayayay at