PDA

View Full Version : Combo rarely works?

Dothackking
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello, I have played a bird up to 55 and never once had a problem activating my combos. But on the mage, it seems like it works, maybe, 1/5 times. Using ice storm -> fire storm

Bootdaddy
04-14-2013, 04:14 PM
gotta wait a few seconds for ice storm to activate

Pandamoni
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
W bird you have to wait a sec between skills in order to combo. W Mage, you need to hit fire relatively quickly after hitting ice in order to combo.

Pandamoni
04-14-2013, 04:17 PM
At least I think so, I just logged in to test after not playing for months and I forgot how to play! Lol. I tested and it seemed to work best if I did a more rapid succession

razerfingers
04-14-2013, 04:27 PM
It depends on hit % aswell

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Dothackking
04-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Ah, perhaps the hit is the reason, I have 71(or so) hit, so that means that I only have a 50% chance or so that both of my attacks hit thus completing the combo.

How do you get more hit as a pure int mage? Does alot of gear get it later on?

Urqui
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
If you use a wand that throws fire, it melts your ice skill so using fire wont make skill make a combo. Also, you do have to wait until you freeze your enemy to use fire skill and have combo work.

Dothackking
04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Ah I see, so it's not like archer at all. Yes I was using a stave that threw fire.

XghostzX
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Ice Storm has a delay on it... way like 1.5 seconds, then use fire for combo. I always prefer frostbite --> fire. Same result, more damage to an individual target (PvP perspective).

aav5224
04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Use ice then fire blast . If your doing a run get a bird with you cause nightmare+ blast shoot is a combo

Ujustgotnuked
04-15-2013, 11:03 AM
If ur using the areal effect ice skill, it has a shorter range than fire so u might be missing ice and hitting fire

suchysuch
06-01-2013, 04:54 PM
There may be a few reasons why it isn't working.
1) Your ice storm isn't even hitting the monsters/players due to your low hit % || Suggestion: Put more skill points on dex, to raise your hit %, or get different gear
2) You not waiting long enough || Suggestion: Wait 2 seconds or so, then use firestorm
3) Your too far away || Suggestion: I would recommend frost bite instead of icestorm, frost bite does more dmg, and lets not forget, icestorm only has an area of 6m, while frost bite and hit someone from 12m away (WOW, 2x the range??).

Remember, you have to see the opponent to freeze get hurt by the ice, then use firestorm

Peanutbritle
06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
There may be a few reasons why it isn't working.
1) Your ice storm isn't even hitting the monsters/players due to your low hit % || Suggestion: Put more skill points on dex, to raise your hit %, or get different gear
2) You not waiting long enough || Suggestion: Wait 2 seconds or so, then use firestorm
3) Your too far away || Suggestion: I would recommend frost bite instead of icestorm, frost bite does more dmg, and lets not forget, icestorm only has an area of 6m, while frost bite and hit someone from 12m away (WOW, 2x the range??).

Remember, you have to see the opponent to freeze get hurt by the ice, then use firestorm

Perfect explanation. He/she knows what they are talking about. Go by what they say