PDA

View Full Version : "Fog of War" and Respawning in PVP

Natrich
04-15-2013, 10:50 AM
My first suggestion would help with spawn killing/farming a little bit, while my second suggestion is just a fix for a pet peeve.

Fog of War

As of right now, we can take a few steps into an enemy's spawn room and see who is inside pretty easily. This directly affects our choice to barge right in and spawn kill the other team. I'm proposing a 'fog' in the enemy's spawn rooms so you have a very limited radius of sight while the rest appears like black empty space.

Also, enemies in your spawn room will show up on your mini map (as red/blue figures depending on team)

The fog could be in the enemy flag room as well, which would add a little strategy to CTF. To make the fog more effective, just make the spawn rooms larger as well

Surely this isn't a perfect solution to stop spawn killing. A team of 5 bunched together shouldnt be afraid of a little fog, but this would definitely discourage certain people from invading you when you spawn.

Respawn Times

I think having another penalty to dying (waiting 10 or 15 seconds to respawn) would add another dimension to PVP. As of right now, we can die and come right back into the action mere seconds later. I find this pretty annoying when youre winning in a 5v5 conflict when the rogues you just killed come back and aimshot your whole team to death. Depending on how quickly you can get back into the fighting, there's almost an incentive for dying. If you're low on hp or mana, some just die so they can come back at 100% in seconds. Because there shouldnt be any reason to die, add a time before we can press revive.

SkyDagger
04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
If this happen ill say both must be.. respawn time is kind of giving advantage on the other team especially when on your team you are just two. the thing is the opposing team will just w8 the 15 seconds and if you respawn tada. ready to aim at your spawn.. so ill say both.. Good Idea on Fog of war :)

Natrich
05-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Forget what I said in the other thread, I'll bump this :P

Y O L O
05-09-2013, 05:29 PM
My first suggestion would help with spawn killing/farming a little bit, while my second suggestion is just a fix for a pet peeve.

Fog of War

As of right now, we can take a few steps into an enemy's spawn room and see who is inside pretty easily. This directly affects our choice to barge right in and spawn kill the other team. I'm proposing a 'fog' in the enemy's spawn rooms so you have a very limited radius of sight while the rest appears like black empty space.

Also, enemies in your spawn room will show up on your mini map (as red/blue figures depending on team)

The fog could be in the enemy flag room as well, which would add a little strategy to CTF.

Surely this isn't a perfect solution to stop spawn killing. A team of 5 bunched together shouldnt be afraid of a little fog, but this would definitely discourage certain people from invading you when you spawn.

Respawn Times

I think having another penalty to dying (waiting 10 or 15 seconds to respawn) would add another dimension to PVP. As of right now, we can die and come right back into the action mere seconds later. I find this pretty annoying when youre winning in a 5v5 conflict when the rogues you just killed come back and aimshot your whole team to death. Depending on how quickly you can get back into the fighting, there's almost an incentive for dying. If you're low on hp or mana, some just die so they can come back at 100% in seconds. Because there shouldnt be any reason to die, add a time before we can press revive.

i agree with this:As of right now, we can take a few steps into an enemy's spawn room and see who is inside pretty easily. This directly affects our choice to barge right in and spawn kill the other team. I'm proposing a 'fog' in the enemy's spawn rooms so you have a very limited radius of sight while the rest appears like black empty space.

The fog could be in the enemy flag room as well, which would add a little strategy to CTF.
but not this:I think having another penalty to dying (waiting 10 or 15 seconds to respawn) would add another dimension to PVP. As of right now, we can die and come right back into the action mere seconds later. I find this pretty annoying when youre winning in a 5v5 conflict when the rogues you just killed come back and aimshot your whole team to death. Depending on how quickly you can get back into the fighting, there's almost an incentive for dying. If you're low on hp or mana, some just die so they can come back at 100% in seconds. Because there shouldnt be any reason to die, add a time before we can press revive.[/QUOTE]

nease
05-14-2013, 08:14 PM
i think that there should be fog everywhere and not have the enemies apear on the minimap in PVP because if you have the flag or you are low on health you can just easily avoid them and take the long way because they wont know who is who and who has what or is low on health to get a one shot kill

if enemies appeared on map the people who dont know about minimap or dont ise it have a clear disadvantige(or however you spell that)
although i do belive in seeing your teamates on minimap so you can rejoin a mob if you get seprated