PDA

View Full Version : Dex warrior with a bow??

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
What do you guys think about a mainly dex warrior with a bow?
I havent actuallly tried it yet, but dex seems to raise dps (correct me if im wrong), and the xbows go with dex. Does strength raise damage or does dex raise damage? Skills can be used when enemies get close.
Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of a character like this? thanks

roflchopter
04-27-2010, 08:01 PM
What do you guys think about a mainly dex warrior with a bow?
I havent actuallly tried it yet, but dex seems to raise dps (correct me if im wrong), and the xbows go with dex. Does strength raise damage or does dex raise damage? Skills can be used when enemies get close.
Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of a character like this? thanks

Yes, Dex does raise DPS. Strength doesn't raise damage it raises health and h/s, Dex raises damage.
Nothing really good comes from being a warrior with a bow, because warriors are suppose to be tanks, and thats why they have tanking skills. and archers have fast killing skills, and skills that do alot of dmg ex. Blast shot.
so, if you are looking for a dex build make an archer.

PvP
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
However, many people are mages with bows. If you're very interested you can look into that. Dex raises DPS, strength reduces damage taken and increases your health, and intelligence increases your mana. Thats the general break down, not too in-depth.

hansonr55
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I run a Level 30 Bowarrior and love it. He's ranged, does about 70DPS (before Rage), still has lots of health and stomp is great for knocking enemies back.

Rage and evade are also nice.

Don't knock alternate builds, they're fun, inventive, and have their place.

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 08:10 PM
i was thinking some of the warrior skills go pretty well with archers, like the iron blood, which would fix their low hp problem

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
hanson, what are your stat builds?

Splurd
04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
I am making a bow bear and will post my guide on it once I hit 30.

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Also, is an archer with the strongest weapon and items do higher damage than a warrior with strongest items too?

PvP
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Also, is an archer with the strongest weapon and items do higher damage than a warrior with strongest items too?

Yes. An archer, or arching bear in your case, is made to do damage. A tank is made to take hits. So yours does damage and can take a hit. However if it were an original tank you could sustain more damage. You're sacrificing str/defence for damage. But yes, they usually do more DPS, depending on how you spend your points.

hansonr55
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Sushi, Can't log in right now to check as I logged into 1.1 on an iPad earlier so I can't play on my iPhone.

I'll post my build later.

ziae
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
btw, wat happens when ur armed with a bow and u use mega slash? isit a melee with the bow or an arrow with burst dmg? (similar to other slashes as well)

FeralDruid
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
If I'm not mistaken the bear uses his bow as a melee weapon. I need to equip mine and find out. I have a low level bow that I wanted to use for pulls, but switching weapons just isnt easy in this game :\

Splurd
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
if you're too far away from the monster and use a slash, the skill wont work. You'll cast it, but nothing will happen.

If they are close, you will do damage to them.

FriedSushi
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
just treats the bow as a sword

hansonr55
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
http://img100.yfrog.com/img100/5377/w45u.jpg

Here he is and yes, I self buffed him first...

FriedSushi
04-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Is it worth it to raise str and int to 11 so I have 1 regen base

FriedSushi
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
nvm, it is i tried it

TheBaconKing
04-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I was thinking about this today as I was running around with an enchantress using a bow.. I am only level 15, but leveling up as a warrior is a bit hard cause you have the enchantresses who just run in and go all out with AOE.. Its is easy exp for me though.. I cant really do much but run around target to target and get one hit in..

Splurd
04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
nvm, it is i tried it

congratulations on finally making up your mind about it ;)
You were asking that question quite often I noticed.

Arjun
04-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I was thinking about this today as I was running around with an enchantress using a bow.. I am only level 15, but leveling up as a warrior is a bit hard cause you have the enchantresses who just run in and go all out with AOE.. Its is easy exp for me though.. I cant really do much but run around target to target and get one hit in..

Dude. . . the enchantress and warrior are known to rock out a sweet combo. When the enchantress rushes a mob and freezes them . . just time it right and hit your stomp or warstomp. . for a sweet combined combo.

p.s. funny but I could swear some dex-warrior wannabe posters on this thread were busy advocating single attribute builds like not more thn a week ago. Running around with one point INT and a full STR build (on warriors) throwin a couple of points at DEX for good measure. I guess you could call it the olde-flip-flopping syndrome. . . With a fair dose of selective amnesia. . . . Good to see as always.

TheBaconKing
04-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Dude. . . the enchantress and warrior are known to rock out a sweet combo. When the enchantress rushes a mob and freezes them . . just time it right and hit your stomp or warstomp. . for a sweet combined combo.

p.s. funny but I could swear some dex-warrior wannabe posters on this thread were busy advocating single attribute builds like not more thn a week ago. Running around with one point INT and a full STR build (on warriors) throwin a couple of points at DEX for good measure. I guess you could call it the olde-flip-flopping syndrome. . . With a fair dose of selective amnesia. . . . Good to see as always.

Appreciate the tip! Just started the game a few days ago... Love it though!