PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Annoyance.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Hello, i'd like to talk about the 5 platinum needed for each build change.

I am aware that each class has different builds, one for PvE and one for PvP.
Since most players do both, they literally have to change build each time they want to play PvP or PvE.

This, requires 5 platinum for each change. So, let's say 10 platinum since you will mostly do PvP to PvE then PvE to PvP.

Pretty annoyed with that. It costs a lot. It's like $0.50 for each change.

Since most of us do it really frequently, you guys should really make them FREE. I know you don't want to, but this would really make us happy.

Perhaps make a bundle? For example, if we pay 50 platinums for 20 points to change build? Or maybe cheaper?

Idea: Pay about 100 platinums to have unlimited build changes. Sounds reasonable.

Something has to change with this. I myself spent around 500 platinums in JUST changing builds. It's nearly $50.00 just to change my stats.

Thank you for reading, I really hope to see some consideration.

Cremated
04-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Like bundle idea

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Like bundle idea

I'd love to see something, like you pay 100 platinums do have unlimited build changes.

Cremated
04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeh would give sts some money, im levelling so no respec but id be delighted to have free respec with 100 plat. Also twink low level would love it.

Genuinous
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Can't see it happening... but if you want to avoid this, soon enough you'll have enough skill points to use both pvp and pve buold on same toon :) after you use up the relevant passives, within a couple expansions you'll be able to use both builds. Though I hope sts will come up with something befpre al ends up like skill system for endgame pl characters, where you can max out almost everything...

DocDoBig
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
AND/OR change the price to 2 plat like in SL n PL.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
AND/OR change the price to 2 plat like in SL n PL.

Yes, or this.

I'd also love to see NEW SKILL SLOTS.

Alhuntrazeck
04-16-2013, 09:11 AM
there might be new skills with later expansions so not much hope of both pve and pvp builds imo. and there is another problem, myst. STS wouldn't want to be receiving 100 plat instead of the 500 ur payin right now...oh well. hopefully respecs can be bundled into that pack u buy with plat, get wat i mean? those inventory slots, cs slots, etc.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Just keep in mind, you're paying $0.50 to simply CHANGE your build ONCE.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Just realised it was cheaper in all other legend games. Isn't AL enough plat-based? Hmm?

Cremated
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Twinks would love the bundle.

DocDoBig
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Just realised it was cheaper in all other legend games. Isn't AL enough plat-based? Hmm?

Well 500 plat is the highest amount that you can purchase in DL,
and it's $49,99. ;)

Rare
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Check THIS (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90513-Load-outs-for-purchased-respecs) out.

I'm really hoping something like this gets implemented.

Cremated
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Now thats the best idea aed.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Check THIS (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?90513-Load-outs-for-purchased-respecs) out.

+1. Looking forward to it even if it will never (?) get implemented.

Yakiniku
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM

That is a fantastic idea.

But the blunt truth is that something like that will never get implemented. STS has to get paid, so as long as we continue to respec (and we still do despite the annoying cost of it), nothing will change. Bundles would be a nice compromise, but I won't hold my breath. There was another thread that said "vote with your money". Well we're voting. By continuing to respec.

I tried to circumvent the respec madness by having two of each class I play. One for pve, one for pvp. I actually have two 26 sorcerers and two 25 rogues. It was easy enough to maintain when pvp was introduced and the cap was 21, but now? Get all my toons to 31? Mehhhhh.

Rare
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
That is a fantastic idea.

But the blunt truth is that something like that will never get implemented. STS has to get paid, so as long as we continue to respec (and we still do despite the annoying cost of it), nothing will change. Bundles would be a nice compromise, but I won't hold my breath. There was another thread that said "vote with your money". Well we're voting. By continuing to respec.

I tried to circumvent the respec madness by having two of each class I play. One for pve, one for pvp. I actually have two 26 sorcerers and two 25 rogues. It was easy enough to maintain when pvp was introduced and the cap was 21, but now? Get all my toons to 31? Mehhhhh.

Yeah I considered that too. However, like you said, its not reasonable. I won't pay for respecs just to PVP. So my solution? Don't PVP.

Edit: I'll qualify this by saying that I still do respec. But only if I want to try out different builds for PVE. I have not and will not respec for PVP. And given that you can't really be as competitive using a PVE build in PVP, well, I just won't PVP :)

iluvataris
04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
There's also the people like me who only respect when its free, stuck with this pvp build now. Irefuse to pay the 5 plat to respect, so if sts implemented something else)like 50-100 plat for a second skill set i would pay. But I'm ok with sticking to my pvp build otherwise.
I'm voting no.

Xoreobonezxe
04-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Hello, i'd like to talk about the 5 platinum needed for each build change.

I am aware that each class has different builds, one for PvE and one for PvP.
Since most players do both, they literally have to change build each time they want to play PvP or PvE.

This, requires 5 platinum for each change. So, let's say 10 platinum since you will mostly do PvP to PvE then PvE to PvP.

Pretty annoyed with that. It costs a lot. It's like $0.50 for each change.

Since most of us do it really frequently, you guys should really make them FREE. I know you don't want to, but this would really make us happy.

Perhaps make a bundle? For example, if we pay 50 platinums for 20 points to change build? Or maybe cheaper?

Idea: Pay about 100 platinums to have unlimited build changes. Sounds reasonable.

Something has to change with this. I myself spent around 500 platinums in JUST changing builds. It's nearly $50.00 just to change my stats.

Thank you for reading, I really hope to see some consideration.

Good idea. Did you ever think that they could possibly make a purchase that costs 25 or so plat and you can have 2 builds. It would be nice you just buy new build slots and then switch between all of your builds.