PDA

View Full Version : So many Tornados!

FluffNStuff
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I was doing a lot of Elite Southern Seas last night and it was different then the past couple weeks. A number of warriors there were
A) Using some kind of Tornado skill
and
B) Could not hold agro to save my life. (I am a Rogue and these were some seriously expensive runs)

Not sure if these are related, or if there is just a sudden influx of new Elite farmers from the double XP weekend, but it was extremely noticeable. Was there a change to the skill that made players get it, or do most of the players I used to farm with not have it?

xcainnblecterx
04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Sounds like windmill. Its supposed to get agro now. Devs said that awhile back, doesnt seem to wrok though

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Sorcerers have a tornado skill. When they use it, you can see a little tornado with some smoke!

FluffNStuff
04-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Sorcerers have a tornado skill. When they use it, you can see a little tornado with some smoke!

Pretty sure this from Warriors because they seem to be flying around like Toto.

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Pretty sure this from Warriors because they seem to be flying around like Toto.

My bad.

FluffNStuff
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Hmm, that movement might be why I taking a beating. Normally the warriors form a nice wall between me and the mobs, but if this windmill is moving them, it could be breaking down the system. They get pulled out and surrounded, and I get mobs in my face.

Genuinous
04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Hmm, that movement might be why I taking a beating. Normally the warriors form a nice wall between me and the mobs, but if this windmill is moving them, it could be breaking down the system. They get pulled out and surrounded, and I get mobs in my face.

Oh then I guess it's just lot's of new players who lvled up and can't use windmill... If you use windmill you only move if you move your character, but many players believe they will do more dmg if they go running around when their windmill is up...

FluffNStuff
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Oh then I guess it's just lot's of new players who lvled up and can't use windmill... If you use windmill you only move if you move your character, but many players believe they will do more dmg if they go running around when their windmill is up...

Mystical must be right that it is a Mage skill because I just put some points into windmill on my warrior alt and it looks nothing like what I saw, which was actual black tornadoes. Must just be a coincidence that it was noob warriors from the level up and was seeing tornadoes at the same time.

My bad.

Nope, my Bad ;)

Mysticaleagle
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Mystical must be right that it is a Mage skill because I just put some points into windmill on my warrior alt and it looks nothing like what I saw, which was actual black tornadoes. Must just be a coincidence that it was noob warriors from the level up and was seeing tornadoes at the same time.

Nope, my Bad ;)

Then no problemo me amigo!

piepounder
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
The windmill is probably the only good move for the warrior....at least for me its the only effective one.

piepounder
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Nope, my Bad ;)

Those black tornados are bugs in the game. Same thing with the rogues razor shield it looks like grey blocks.

JaytB
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM

Nope, my Bad ;)

Those 'black tornadoes' are actually windmills. It was posted somewhere before on the forums, they look black from time to time on specific devices. Just restarting the app is supposed to solve the 'issue'.

I would try and find the thread about it, but don't really have a lot of time at the moment. There was a picture in that thread showing the black windmill.

Edit: Ninja'd O.o

Cremated
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I will try find the thread!

Cremated
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Is this what you were experiencing by any chance?

wvhills
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
i speced gale force on my mage to help me scattermobs so they don't gang up on us all at the same time. My gun has a push proc too so I'm bes scattermage. I'm going to write a guide.

Cremated
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Aaha the scatter mage, maybe speed passives to get fast away and because it has low damage you could make it a criti-scatter mage

xcainnblecterx
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
-.-

FluffNStuff
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
i speced gale force on my mage to help me scattermobs so they don't gang up on us all at the same time. My gun has a push proc too so I'm bes scattermage. I'm going to write a guide.

Awaiting your epic [fail] guide!

Psyche
04-16-2013, 09:02 PM

That does have some merit when dealing with somewhat scattered enemies, since the range of windmill is centered on the warrior for the duration of the skill, and not the point at which the skill was launched. If warrior performs a windmill, then moves into the range of an enemy that was previously out of range when the skill was launched, that enemy will take damage. Therefore you can spread the range of the skill to increase its AOE effectiveness. Within reason, of course. In the case of a single target, such as a boss fight, then yes, moving around is pointless if the enemy is already in windmill range.

Jcyee
04-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Even though windmill does aggro mobs, we all know that having more damage is what truely aggros mobs

Haowesie
04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Those 'black tornadoes' are actually windmills. It was posted somewhere before on the forums, they look black from time to time on specific devices. Just restarting the app is supposed to solve the 'issue'.

Yes, happens to me consistently when there is a new patch -- I have to restart my iPad to fix it.

Jcyee
04-16-2013, 11:59 PM
I kinda wish I had those black tornadoes. They look a lot better than the normal windmill attacks

inkredible
04-17-2013, 01:48 AM

Zeus
04-17-2013, 10:52 AM

LOL!