PDA

View Full Version : Worst mage ever!!!

Arjun
10-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Mage Dudeke or something. I’m Calling it.

Oh-My-God! I Have Never.

So I joined an instance - the good mage’s game none the less - on my freshly charged and brand spanking new iPad. Said as much to the dude’s in game. They agreed that controll was a bit random. Esp if you are not used to it - having played on the other devices more often than not.

AO3 Lvl 5 - Victory Lap.
Into the main hall and left. First portal on top. That’s which way they went. So There We Were. The Idea - Not Communicated at all - was to rush king Mynas. I had to intuit what was going on. And so I did. As I’m sure did the Others.

Magedudeke dies and respawns. And then never makes it back to the room of King Mynas. I go back and help bring him in. No thanks no nothing. None Wanted. I’m using the virtual stick by the way. To define control. Stomping clear et al.

Then I tell these guys (rest of team and magedudedadumke) that I just saw the shield of rift drop from boss on right portal as you enter the main hall. They Had No Clue.

We got there. I took them in. And we were fighting the dude.

All of a sudden . . get this order from Magedude. . .mid-fight mind you. - “Hit the Boss!” I’m thinking “Whatever Sherlock.”

So I say - I Am. Anyway. I die. Obviously. And at this point this person tells me - That is the Difference Between You and A Mage.

Again - Im thinking - What?

So in the next game I enter. I Ask - What’s the point. And this guy goes on about how I need Isis gear and so on and so forth. Need to learn how to play.

All he has is 17k kills. Not exactly the top of the food chain.

So I point out to him - Dude. It is a game of percentages. Chance. I took A hit. Happend to be enough.

Magedudek - the most gracious host in Alterra at this point says - No!

Which is to say he think’s this is not a game of percentages and chance.

I mean whatever. So at this point I tell him - Look sister - If I died. Mean’s my mage couldnt control when to heal and when to cast the proper spells.

We had an archer on board. Magedudueke’s little bunny.

I didnt see a single Nature Strike between the two of them. Nuff said.

TwinkTastical
10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Mage Dudeke or something. I’m Calling it.

Oh-My-God! I Have Never.

So I joined an instance - the good mage’s game none the less - on my freshly charged and brand spanking new iPad. Said as much to the dude’s in game. They agreed that controll was a bit random. Esp if you are not used to it - having played on the other devices more often than not.

AO3 Lvl 5 - Victory Lap.
Into the main hall and left. First portal on top. That’s which way they went. So There We Were. The Idea - Not Communicated at all - was to rush king Mynas. I had to intuit what was going on. And so I did. As I’m sure did the Others.

Magedudeke dies and respawns. And then never makes it back to the room of King Mynas. I go back and help bring him in. No thanks no nothing. None Wanted. I’m using the virtual stick by the way. To define control. Stomping clear et al.

Then I tell these guys (rest of team and magedudedadumke) that I just saw the shield of rift drop from boss on right portal as you enter the main hall. They Had No Clue.

We got there. I took them in. And we were fighting the dude.

All of a sudden . . get this order from Magedude. . .mid-fight mind you. - “Hit the Boss!” I’m thinking “Whatever Sherlock.”

So I say - I Am. Anyway. I die. Obviously. And at this point this person tells me - That is the Difference Between You and A Mage.

Again - Im thinking - What?

So in the next game I enter. I Ask - What’s the point. And this guy goes on about how I need Isis gear and so on and so forth. Need to learn how to play.

All he has is 17k kills. Not exactly the top of the food chain.

So I point out to him - Dude. It is a game of percentages. Chance. I took A hit. Happend to be enough.

Magedudek - the most gracious host in Alterra at this point says - No!

Which is to say he think’s this is not a game of percentages and chance.

I mean whatever. So at this point I tell him - Look sister - If I died. Mean’s my mage couldnt control when to heal and when to cast the proper spells.

We had an archer on board. Magedudueke’s little bunny.

I didnt see a single Nature Strike between the two of them. Nuff said.

This is very important, it changed my whole life, Dude... Stfu, Not everyone cares about a weak combo? Im sure u did amazing too? The only way to cook troll.. is with FLAME... ima zen masta HUMMM.

Snakespeare
10-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Nature Strike is a great mob-clearing combo. Sometimes I just don't get it; I cast my Thorn Wall and none of the mages uses Lightning. Heck, Lightning debuffs. They should use Lightning whenever they can. They all have Thoth gear. I doesn't even cost them. So we spend half an hour clearing mobs we could have ripped through in ten minutes?

Arjun is right about another thing, too. Why is someone sending PMs during a boss fight? If you answer, you die. How could he have sent it? Simple, he wasn't fighting. He was standing around giving orders.

But the thing you have to remember is that this guy could be anyone, a ten-year old playing from school or a fifty year old playing in an office building. You never know. So, best to take it all in stride.

Hey Twink, don't you have a class to go to, or something?

Arterra
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/noobmage.jpg
mages just can't go and charge bosses. they shouldn't even charge, punto

Chickdigcookies
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/noobmage.jpg
mages just can't go and charge bosses. they shouldn't even charge, punto

thats fisgusting.

Raxie
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
17k kills is quite a lot.
i know this guy, though; he tries to rip everyone off.

Fyrce
10-07-2010, 03:11 PM
ROFL. So funny.
**Runs to make sure they're not on any of my friend lists**
LOL. Though I'm not big on even playing with non-combo people, much less adding them to my friend list. They're very entertaining to watch though.

Drewl90
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
haha i know magedudeok..
interesting post though.

PvpLegend
10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
ik tht magedude, hes frakin retarded dont worry.
he sells eye of cosmos for 10 mils if u want

CanonicalKoi
10-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I feel your pain--though most of the folks I've played AO3 with have been pretty darn sharp. And yeah, charging's just not on, but with some of the stuff in AO3, you don't have to. I can be working on some aliens out in the hall, throwing heals and waiting to see if someone needs a res and somebody stomps/blasts an Alien Sniper out of the room. Before I can say, "Hi, glad to....." dead. I'm working on my combos, but with all the flailing not to mention lag (ahem), it's hard to see what anybody else is throwing/casting/using--it's all a big slo-mo blur.

Dr.R
10-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Yo, i like apep better. if apep joins with staff of ra, it does 'ice melted' everytime =]

Arjun
10-08-2010, 12:30 AM
This is very important, it changed my whole life, Dude... Stfu, Not everyone cares about a weak combo? Im sure u did amazing too? The only way to cook troll.. is with FLAME... ima zen masta HUMMM.

Heyyy. . . I see your learning to write like me. Good to know good do know. Imitation is the highest form of flattery at the end of the day. Just one thing tho . . . was never very good with all these clever little abbreviations and moronicxs (is tht how you call it).

You wrote something about an s-t-f-u. . . no such word in my lexicon, care to elaborate. . . or. . .naa. . that's right. I didnt think so. 724 posts. . .or do u just like to regurgitate - what was it - burritos!?!

p.s. zen masters dont HUMM - I'd enlighten you on that front as well but I figure I just can't be bothered. . . so i think I will just s-t-f-u as you so kindly suggested - still waiting for your feedback on what exactly that stands for by-de-way. Cause I cant help but wonder what it is I said or did to tickle your little tail feathers. But I got a feeling it's something your secretly very upset about. Mebbe if you broke it down in small meaningless alphabets - like s-t-f-u or whatever you like to randomly spout - mebbe tht might help.

KingFu
10-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Magedudeok? I've played with him, he won't heal, dies every second, sells overpriced stuff, thinks he's awesome, wont buy pots, won't use combos, and over all. Fails :p

Arjun
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Mystical. . .yay. For a second there i was worried you were gonna start fighting with me as well . . don't. . . I owe you sniper helm of thoth remember.

I surrender.

Arjun
10-08-2010, 01:22 AM
I feel your pain--though most of the folks I've played AO3 with have been pretty darn sharp. . . . .

Absolutely .. tho the good game's we tend not to post about. Just sort of bask in the satisfaction of having joined the same. Before my run in with magedududu I was with combatengine and a couple of other players and we had a good session of it. Loot was unimpressive but we did score some kills to our names.

CanonicalKoi
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
True that. The ones where everything goes wrong, nobody seems to have a brain, and everyone's under-caffeinated are the memorable ones. Well, I pop lots of heals and I try to combo where I can, so add me in and I'll play with you. Admittedly, I'm still working on hanging back in the pack more, but...well, I'm working on it. ;)

Chickdigcookies
10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
mysticaldream > all

enough said.

FluffNStuff
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
When I hell scream with a mage present, and I don't see the terror combo, I realize it is going to be a lonnnnng level. Love mages, and LOVE their nightmare. Adds 50 points of damage to all my hits.

Arjun
10-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Not to bump my own thread as MurdocX will surely point out. . .but - I Takes It Back.

The Good MageDudeke joined up yesterday evening (my time) - and he was not only on his best behavior - but helping us get organized as well. I think we were up against Kzar the Keeper (not good with names but I remember faces). . .and the good MageD played his role in it all the way's to the bitter end. I say bitter of course cause they was no loot's to be had in-spite of all our best efforts.

In closing I tell Mage D that I owe's him an apology and much respect to top it all off.

When I hell scream with a mage present, and I don't see the terror combo, I realize it is going to be a lonnnnng level. Love mages, and LOVE their nightmare. Adds 50 points of damage to all my hits.

Side Note: Fluff - If you have an archer present and you see's him swoop in with shattering scream into you mob and then back off you can hellscream up the old terra combo there as well. Am sure you knew that already. Just thought I'd mention it in-case it get's overlooked. Many archers go instead with blast shot after their shattering scream for solo combo. But is no good cause warrior can hellscream cause terra and then archer can top it all of with the blast shot. Compound Damage.

Same logic as whn mage use Freeze spell and quick fireblast without so much as waiting a second to let warrior charge up and get into central position for stomp. Blast on top of it. Compound the damage. Wipe out the mob.

I know I know I have tendency to ramble on. . .

jonboy
10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
I icestorm then count 1,2,3,4, if the Warrior hasn't taken advantage of it by then, then I'll dump firestorm on top so as not to waste.

Arjun
10-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Admittedly, I'm still working on hanging back in the pack more, but...well, I'm working on it. ;)

Done and done. . ..added Yosinabe on my archer and warrior.

I icestorm then count 1,2,3,4, if the Warrior hasn't taken advantage of it by then, then I'll dump firestorm on top so as not to waste.

Point.

Ellyidol
10-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Wait I'm gonna post a picture of what he just told me on a deal. Force Cutter of Rift for 2mil apparently, and since I asked "2mil for that?" he told me something like, "then dont buy "that"".

Pic incoming.

jonboy
10-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Done and done. . ..added Yosinabe on my archer and warrior.

Point.

I should add that the firestorm only drops if situational it doable, ie not going to push all tanks targ away, or bounce stuff into healers or god forbid a boss.

Arjun
10-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Wait I'm gonna post a picture of what he just told me on a deal. Force Cutter of Rift for 2mil apparently, and since I asked "2mil for that?" he told me something like, "then dont buy "that"".

Pic incoming.

Ooh a picture of my favorite magey. . . I can't waits. Besides he was looking all spiffy yesterday evening when he came on all uncharacteristically nice and quiet like. Loots from the many victory laps he has already taken i don't doubt. . But I'm serious guys . . .he really did change the game for us and help score us our boss-kill. And was most well behaved to top it all off. . . alright so almost well behaved. Did go off the handle for a second there. . .but calmed down again quickly as well. . .

Eagerly awaits for said pic. . .

"Then dont buy "that"" - Quotes within quotes. Only magedudekiki could do something like tht off chat I tell you. Classic.

Point and point - nice sig. JonBoy!!!

Ellyidol
10-12-2010, 06:21 AM
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/IMG_0085.png

jonboy
10-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Which one lol, been modifying five times in the last ten minutes, finally calmed down to what's there ATM as not quite ready for the former ones. ;)

setec
10-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I suggest a new Timeout feature. That way the children can go to separate corners of the Towne to calm down. :)

Melange
10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I should add that the firestorm only drops if situational it doable, ie not going to push all tanks targ away, or bounce stuff into healers or god forbid a boss.

All the push skills from each class do more harm than good more often than not. Usually do less damage than just hitting them with auto attack, while pushing targets out of range of others skills wasting them.

Use when overwhelmed by a mob, or if strategically pushing boss into a corner, or as part of a decent combo. But just pushing them all over the place ruins everyones positioning, moves followers out of heal range, gets the healers killed, wastes better skills and pushes the fight into other bosses doubling the workload.

Arjun
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
All the push skills from each class do more harm than good more often than not. Usually do less damage than just hitting them with auto attack, while pushing targets out of range of others skills wasting them.

Use when overwhelmed by a mob, or if strategically pushing boss into a corner, or as part of a decent combo. But just pushing them all over the place ruins everyones positioning, moves followers out of heal range, gets the healers killed, wastes better skills and pushes the fight into other bosses doubling the workload.

I was trying to. . but its hard to make a similar point in game. Really helps to get a whole bunch of players together on at the same time who can all meet and discuss on the forums post and pre match sort of stuff. Sort things out in a briefing if you will. This is how serious it get's in AO3.

jonboy
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Well as I said firestorm and all push skills are in my op not spamable, only class I allow to do that is the tank, as a paly I'm off-tank and healer support.

CanonicalKoi
10-12-2010, 10:06 AM

Amen! Preach it! I like the combos you can get from Firestorm and Stomp but be aware of what's going on before just popping it off. I've had more Alien Snipers shoved right next to me and they don't seem to like mages much..... The skills I use the most are Heal, Lightning, Nightmare and Weakness. Icestorm sometimes and Frostbite if I'm trying to hold a target in place, Drain Life if we're working on a boss.