PDA

View Full Version : Which class does the most damage overall at level 30?

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Which class does the most damage overall at level 30?
2h warrior
xbow archer
mage
thanks

roflchopter
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Which class does the most damage overall at level 30?
2h warrior
xbow archer
mage
thanks

xbow archer

Leviticus
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
archer w00tw00t

FriedSushi
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
How bout a crossbow warrior? My warriors already level 13 lol. Don't wanna get rid of him

Splurd
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Enchantress gest my vote
They do the best burst damage and AoE. But after casting all her spells, she does crappy damage. This can be augmented by using a dex build and bows, so you can continue to do dps after your nukes.

Archer does excellent dps, but he does not do much AoE damage. So he has to kill them off one by one.

2h warrior? lol. melee has low damage output due to range. (walking from archer to archer to mage to mage takes time, and walking time is wasted dps)

If we look at them solo, Enchantress does the best dmg.
If we make a team of 5 though, 5 archers will kill faster then 5 enchantresses.

If anyone disagrees with my Enchantress opinion, consider this. Play the mega maze dungeon, and from the starting point, walk forward. You are faced with 3 corridors worth of enemies and you can get swarmed quickly if you over aggro. The class which can quickly clear this is the Enchantress. The archer is a close 2nd (provided the player is smart and lures the monsters into a group for maximum blast shot effectiveness)

Inching
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Enchantress gest my vote
They do the best burst damage and AoE. But after casting all her spells, she does crappy damage. This can be augmented by using a dex build and bows, so you can continue to do dps after your nukes.

Archer does excellent dps, but he does not do much AoE damage. So he has to kill them off one by one.

2h warrior? lol. melee has low damage output due to range. (walking from archer to archer to mage to mage takes time, and walking time is wasted dps)

If we look at them solo, Enchantress does the best dmg.
If we make a team of 5 though, 5 archers will kill faster then 5 enchantresses.

If anyone disagrees with my Enchantress opinion, consider this. Play the mega maze dungeon, and from the starting point, walk forward. You are faced with 3 corridors worth of enemies and you can get swarmed quickly if you over aggro. The class which can quickly clear this is the Enchantress. The archer is a close 2nd (provided the player is smart and lures the monsters into a group for maximum blast shot effectiveness)

agreed.........

Royce
04-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Yup depends on what you mean. Archer does the most to a single target, but the warrior can do the same if standing next to the target, but enchantress can damage a whole lotta guys at the same time between waiting for spells to refresh.

LordRaid
04-28-2010, 09:16 AM
If we're taking damage overall (like at once), enchantress. Considering we're taking overall damage, her AoE skills on a mob of enemies will do a heck of a lot more than a blast shot or stomp, noting her massive range.

DPS wise is definitely archer. Unmatched for now, but if we throw the enchantress a crossbow and force her to get some dex points in..... :)

roflchopter
04-28-2010, 09:19 AM
If we're taking damage overall (like at once), enchantress. Considering we're taking overall damage, her AoE skills on a mob of enemies will do a heck of a lot more than a blast shot or stomp, noting her massive range.

DPS wise is definitely archer. Unmatched for now, but if we throw the enchantress a crossbow and force her to get some dex points in..... :)

NOOOOO!!!! Don't give them ideas >=D!!!

Royce
04-28-2010, 09:22 AM
How bout a crossbow warrior? My warriors already level 13 lol. Don't wanna get rid of him

A warrior can do the same as an archer with similar stats and gear. Class isn't really important for anything but skills and appearance. It's all about where you put your attribute points.

Viruz
04-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Huntress is da best. D:

drjonze
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
A warrior can do the same as an archer with similar stats and gear. Class isn't really important for anything but skills and appearance. It's all about where you put your attribute points.

Skills can impact how much damage you can do but its all about the attribute points. I saw a bow bear last night, with the Rage buff, the dps was through the roof, but it was really because he was speced (and geared) to be an archer.

Azrael
04-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, splurd is close in his assessment but has not given enough credit to warriors in particular. I have no bias as i have 2 level 30s and am working on my last level 30 class.

The reality is, the best damage comes from the best players. Most people in this game put far to much importance on DPS and not enough on the raw damage.

For instance, my level 30 enchantress can solo mega maze or magic castle just like my level 30 warrior can. The enchantress will in theory take down groups of mobs faster than the warrior, but sometimes it doesn't go down like that. An enchantress burst out dps, but then it also has to consider the damage its taking (regardless of its armor), and maybe waste some time healing or casting shield or weakness (or nightmare, i like weakness more). Also the Enchantress isn't going to be able to kill all the mobs with its first wave of AoEs. That means the NPC healers are gonna start aoe healing. The warrior on the other hand can throw down some AoE, and then focus on the npc mages, stun lock them with stomp, mega slash and beckon, and not spend any time worrying about taking damage generally speaking.

Also, Combining rage with stomp can do the same damage as an enchantress ice/fire combo aoe.

There are no correct answers to which does the most overall damage. You can say "this character has X dps, zomg" or this character has so and so, but unless you know how to play your class you won't be able to utilize your character to its fullest.

An Archer has the highest raw dps, but once you take into account that the archers damage skills are broken and only work at short range, the extra 7-10 dps they have over say a 2h warrior becomes a lot less significant. Also keep in mind your skill don't interrupt your auto attacks, so they only add to the dps damage number.

Walking for a soloing warrior or a group of warriors is not a big deal when there are no other classes around. I admit warriors and archers just don't mix, but a group of warriors clears pretty much as fast as archers. Only difference is warriors walk up to the mobs and archers dont. that just means the warriors are that much closer to the next mobs; they also don't waste time on healing, and warrior stun lock and kill bosses faster than archers in my experience.

Every class is good, and every class can put out solid damage, its up to you to make it happen. Hopefully we will see more of a need for diversity in groups in order to tackle dungeons in the future. Play how you like to play, and don't get bogged down by the dps number. Unless you are playing WoW and standing in a room shooting at a single boss for 20 minutes, its a highly overrated statistic.

Azrael
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Skills can impact how much damage you can do but its all about the attribute points. I saw a bow bear last night, with the Rage buff, the dps was through the roof, but it was really because he was speced (and geared) to be an archer.

Sorry to double post, but rage and focus are quite similar. I know rage is a bit better, but the difference shouldn't be that significant. The attribute points hardly effect a character as much as the gear being used. The most important part of attribute points is determining what gear your character will use.

Str happens to be the worst attribute point due to the fact that it gives very little compared to the other attribute points. However from my experience comparing bears to hawks, they generally have the exact same stats when they invest the same number of points into str or dex, and use the same weapons. The only difference is the skills.

If i wanted to max the damage capability of a bear, i would still use a 2h since it has the highest damage, and you can simply spam all 4 slashes to swing your 2h about 6 times in 3 seconds.

setec
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I think it is pretty clear to anyone that has played this game more than five minutes that the Doom Marine with BFG clearly does the most damage. Just saying.

http://www.nerdles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bfg_doom.jpg

Splurd
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
sorry, but a bow bear will out dps a 2h bear.

Even if you say use skills, it is possible to slash with a bow. gogo PL physics.

and adding dex does affect a character greatly. Str adds dmg and hit%. ok fine. Dex adds dmg, hit%, and crit. Much better deal.

Splurd
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I think it is pretty clear to anyone that has played this game more than five minutes that the Doom Marine with BFG clearly does the most damage. Just saying.

http://www.nerdles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bfg_doom.jpg

No wai!

The Experimental MIRV from Fallout 3's does more DPS.
FFS you're throwing mini nukes around. Eight of them!