PDA

View Full Version : Im dumb

Whorrior
04-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Okay a few rogue questions that prob seem basic

There are two types of dagger symbols for dagger weapons, ones that look like regular silver daggers (like level 16 bloody blades of assualt) and ones that look blue/ almost like they are coated in energy or mana of some junk (like level 15 eye pokers of quickness; and sorry for using these two crappy unused weps as the examples theyre just the first that came up)

I believe someone once said the blueish ones do less dps but have aoe; or maybe that was just for depraved blades of brutality or maybe im wrong completely

Also whats the gimmik behind bows; they cost a lot, usually lower all your stats compared to one of the leading daggers of the same price (or cheaper) and cant do aoe without skills (charged attacks dont do aoe i think); someone said theyre for pvp but theyre no better then daggers if not worse, at least imo

Also what is the best critical dealing equiptment/ weapon/ pet etc setup to deal the highest percentage of crits (i want my critical % to be at like 33% if possible) at level 26; and would this be effective at all if i were to do this?

Also dude wheres my car

Limsi
04-17-2013, 03:42 AM
The blue dagger symbol tells you that the item you're looking at is an Elite weapon like the Slicing Flitlocks of brut, whereas the normal dagger symbol means it's either a legendary weapon that's obtained from a crate or drop by normal mobs.

The bows give more SKILL damage rather than boosting your dps. The reason that they sell higher are mainly for several reasons like: pvp and their cool proc. Since rogues deal heavy damage through skills like aimed and nox, the bow would be the best choice in pvp.

Mysticaleagle
04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
If you say so. :)

Bluepinixy
04-17-2013, 10:44 AM
I tested the different symbols- No, it does not stand for aoe or not aoe.

Cremated
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
If you say so. :)

I say so (Meme)

GoodSyntax
04-17-2013, 12:12 PM
As Lim said, Bows have a much higher DMG rating, which has a direct correlation on your Skill damage. The higher your DMG, the more damage will be done with Aimed Shot and other skills. This is especially important when you consider Critical Strikes. Aimed (with the proper upgrade) will Crit at 250%. The difference between +5 or +10 DMG is immense in PvP.

Another reason why Bows are so favored is the attack range. In order to attack with daggers, you have to be in melee range, which opens you up to wind-up attacks from bosses, snares, etc. Attacking at long range makes it easier to avoid the pitfalls of being in close to the mob/boss. Also, consider that your Rogue has low to middle range armor and HP. Rogues, unlike the other two classes has no form of shielding, so if you get into a crit streak and get mob aggro, 4 or 5 guys attacking you in an elite map usually means a quick death. Bows allow you to avoid that mess most of the time.