PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Crippling Slash VS Super Mega Slash

Tinygod
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Ok so i'm new to the game, just hit lvl 13 and did my first respec.

I've been splitting my stats between STR and DEX at about a 3 to 1 ratio. So as of now I'm 48Str 19Dex.

I'm looking to build a Str/Dex Bear who uses Sword and Board or 2Hander depending on the group makeup. With a good mix of survivability and DPS. Leaning on Survivability as the major focus.

I'm looking to purchase skills with my respec (didint realize i could get points back from forced skills like vengeful slash) and now i'm not sure what to take.

Ive Maxed Stomp for obvious reasons, also maxed Rage, I will most likely not take Taunt (as I will get beckon later) and I will most likely not be taking vengeful slash, as I dont want a KB DPS skill. So i'm trying to decide between Super Mega Slash and Crippling Slash.

on paper they seem to start doing the same amount of damage, though SmS has more potential, but I cant figure out the stats. what is 20 to 90% chance to stun? What does that mean?

Anyways, for someone who has problem with casters, getting Knocked back and retreating to groups a STUN or a ROOT would be nice, but the root doesnt seem to work.

any suggestions on which of these skills to take?

FluffNStuff
10-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Will just say you want Super Mega Slash for the stun. It is a great proc to have.

Tinygod
10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Will just say you want Super Mega Slash for the stun. It is a great proc to have.

K,

So how does the proc work, it says 20 to 90% which doenst make any sense, its either 20 or 90%, or is that a scale that goes up with points invested?

also, the Burst DMG from CS seems higher, but yeah the stun would be nice.

Protank
10-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Use both but add more skill points into sms first imo

Arterra
10-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Supermegaalash has stun while other doesn't, meaning it's good when YOU are taking the aggro since you have to get close anyway.
Crippling is best for bosses I think since it completely stops them as opposed to slight hesitation. It's best when u want to help hose poor mages from getting blown away lol
Note if you move the boss with any other skill after cripple then he will un-cripple, so wasted skill. I maxed out slash and gave a few to cripple ( would be only one point in it, but since using it anyways might as well capitalize on damage)

Ellyidol
10-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Skimmed through your first post and didn't see what kind of bear you were focusing to be. Pure tank or a bit of dps?

I'd suggest just getting level 1 of both slashes if you weren't looking to do DPS. Level 1 of CS gives you 5 second root, 1 of SMS gives you that 20-90% chance for stun.

You can invest your points elsewhere while leveling up if you wish, but by current end game (50) I'm able to max SMS only since I can't be bothered with CS.

EDIT:

I don't know if CS works as well vs bosses, much like the root of birds. It MIGHT have a slight effect but barely noticeable stun/hold. I could be mistaken.

Arterra
10-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know if CS works as well vs bosses, much like the root of birds. It MIGHT have a slight effect but barely noticeable stun/hold. I could be mistaken.

CS seems to be the only real boss stopper, as long as no one moves him i think. one level is all thats needed if you only bring it out for ranged bosses.