PDA

View Full Version : 0 death guild

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
was thinking of making a zero death guild. been around pl and hack and slash stuff for a while and one of my fav games of all time was diablo because of hardcaore mode. rules would be simple if your char gets even one death out of guild and has to make a new. does this idea intrest anyone. let me know!

Griffinfan
04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
just a warning, you may attract some people who get 0 deaths by using... unaccepted programs..

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
just a warning, you may attract some people who get 0 deaths by using... unaccepted programs..

if t hats what they choose to do so be it i will not be a part of that and anyone knowingingly using unacepted programs will be kicked out of guild permanetly.

aav5224
04-17-2013, 02:21 PM
thats dumb

Griffinfan
04-17-2013, 02:25 PM
thats dumb

Please dont post anything If you cant post something constructive.

Yich
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
You all understand that he meant PvE, right?

DocDoBig
04-17-2013, 02:49 PM

Where is that stated? Hack'n Slash does not necessarily only includes PvE.

Griffinfan
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM

Do you remember Puraaaaaaa number one on PVE leaderboards till he vanished?

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 03:08 PM
This would definetly only be pve 0 deaths. I would love to have pvp contest do some ctf etc

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
thats dumb

no need to be a jerk tryin to bring something challenging and new to this game. if you don't like my ideas don't bother posting.

Deathofan
04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
How does botting get you zero deaths? In fact, it will only get you kills and few deaths depending on the map. For an effective zero death toon, the player must be active (in the sense of not having RL distractions) and willing to waste platinum and of course, time.

Deathofan
04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Great idea though.

Reunegade
04-17-2013, 03:42 PM
BTW, pureaaaaaaaaaa spent like 10 hours each days farming PvE deaths.

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 03:47 PM
How does botting get you zero deaths? In fact, it will only get you kills and few deaths depending on the map. For an effective zero death toon, the player must be active (in the sense of not having RL distractions) and willing to waste platinum and of course, time.

huh? on first part. and oh yea its goan require time and money for sure but i have plenty of both of those available. :)

Deathofan
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
You farm deaths in bank vault around 20/m.
And sand, the first part was referred to griffin's quote "unaccepted programs".

Cavoc
04-17-2013, 04:32 PM
So basically all you do is leech and run? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 04:43 PM
What would be the point of this guild? A guild that accepts leechers and any player that has 0 deaths? So tell me, if you have 50 players in your guild... How are you going to check? People can hide their deaths. And for a person to have 0 deaths he has no other choice but to leech; is training people how to leech part of the job as well?

The-Sandman
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
What would be the point of this guild? A guild that accepts leechers and any player that has 0 deaths? So tell me, if you have 50 players in your guild... How are you going to check? People can hide their deaths. And for a person to have 0 deaths he has no other choice but to leech; is training people how to leech part of the job as well?

wow lol and people wonder why this game is dying. someone suggests a new idea and everyone has to be a jerk about it and if you cant get 0 deaths without leeching then you just a newb lol. and I wolnt be reading this post anymore so anyone interested in this pm me anyone with advice pm me if ur just gona be an *** shut ur mouth and go play with youself in the corner.

Korintal
04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
So where is the best place to farm deaths ?

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 05:18 PM
wow lol and people wonder why this game is dying. someone suggests a new idea and everyone has to be a jerk about it and if you cant get 0 deaths without leeching then you just a newb lol. and I wolnt be reading this post anymore so anyone interested in this pm me anyone with advice pm me if ur just gona be an *** shut ur mouth and go play with youself in the corner.

See what I meant? This, folks, is a perfect example of a demented player that would set a bad example to all of PL's newer generation.. I'm through sweet talking to you.

DocDoBig
04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Wow calm guys,
how do you define "Zero Death Toon" in general, a zero deaths AND zero kills toon or a zero death toon that farm the kills in locked private games?
In the second case I don't find anything similar to "leeching".

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 05:32 PM

Wow calm guys,
how do you define "Zero Death Toon" in general, a zero deaths AND zero kills toon or a zero death toon that farm the kills in locked private games?

You seem reasonable to talk to, so I will fill you in on why rushing for 0 deaths is bad.

Firstly, in your first situation, we already had had enough players leeching even in runs.
aiming for 0 deaths towards end game would prove detrimental as it becomes increasingly harder and harder to survive. So if you don't want to lose your kdr, isn't it obvious you would be encouraged to leech??

Secondly, your second scenario would mean encouraging others to boost in leaderboards, something that was hated by the community. Boosters have never been held in high regard, so this would encourage all new players to hide behind lock rooms, farming kills just to get to leaderboards.

Only the current generation of players could influence those new bloods, so is this what we would want to teach them? I'll leave it to veterans to teach you in my stead; I believe they wouldn't like leechers or boosters altogether.

DocDoBig
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
You seem reasonable to talk to, so I will fill you in on why rushing for 0 deaths is bad.

Firstly, in your first situation, we already had had enough players leeching even in runs.
aiming for 0 deaths towards end game would prove detrimental as it becomes increasingly harder and harder to survive. So if you don't want to lose your kdr, isn't it obvious you would be encouraged to leech??

Secondly, your second scenario would mean encouraging others to boost in leaderboards, something that was hated by the community. Boosters have never been held in high regard, so this would encourage all new players to hide behind lock rooms, farming kills just to get to leaderboards.

Only the current generation of players could influence those new bloods, so is this what we would want to teach them? I'll leave it to veterans to teach you in my stead; I believe they wouldn't like leechers or boosters altogether.

I respect your argumentation, and you're right with your first point - I do not like leechers who "exploit" me just not to die as well, on the other hand I have not seen many zero kills, zero deaths toons in my PL career, did you?

Regarding your second point, there are exceptions.
I don't want to name examples, but do you know Odin ? He is on the leaderboards with a decent kill count and zero deaths, but he does join public games very often and helps here and there out, he even has done all quests if you're thinking about how many "risky" quests there are such as Vlod.
Also , be honest do you really care about the PvE k/d ratio leaderboard, why not allow them the fame for which they have worked more or less hard for?
Until they join your games and farm your kills it's alright.

Mage till the end
04-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm I'm if you make it

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I respect your argumentation, and you're right with your first point - I do not like leechers who "exploit" me just not to die as well, on the other hand I have not seen many zero kills, zero deaths toons in my PL career, did you?

Regarding your second point, there are exceptions.
I don't want to name examples, but do you know Odin ? He is on the leaderboards with a decent kill count and zero deaths, but he does join public games very often and helps here and there out, he even has done all quests if you're thinking about how many "risky" quests there are such as Vlod.
Also , be honest do you really care about the PvE k/d ratio leaderboard, why not allow them the fame for which they have worked more or less hard for?
Until they join your games and farm your kills it's alright.

I respect your point, however in my time as a rhino, I have noted that there is a slight increase in the number of leechers these days. Players will say Lag and stand still and not help at all, even though real laggy players cry lag and at least tries to spam his skills. It's a small but noticeable difference.
In fact, new players would pay 5 platinum just to get to Lost Valley round just to expect others to power level them.

For the second part, you are right in saying that PvE leaderboards don't really matter, as PvE leaderboards will almost never have players that want to boost their kills. I have met Parakseventh, the player with the highest kills so far, and I think he's a nice chap.

However, don't forget that attitude is fundamental in building up friends in this game, and I do know leeching and boosting in PVP creates a bad attitude. This is why I disagree with the OP.

Whirlzap
04-17-2013, 06:27 PM

thats dumb

no1 wants 2 join a guild with some1 wh0 t4lks li3k th4t.

wammm
04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Recruit the PAKAYOLO GANG !!

Suentous PO
04-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Once again as often, people assume 0 deaths means you leach off people who don't want you to.
Every successful zero death toon I personally met either;
1. Had FRIENDS willingly help, or
2. Did it by themselves in locked maps with two devices ( like I did. Lv 70 zero kills zero deaths)
Yeah leaches exist, and they are incredibly easy to avoid. Try not to hate on folks without knowing how they got there.

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Once again as often, people assume 0 deaths means you leach off people who don't want you to.
Every successful zero death toon I personally met either;
1. Had FRIENDS willingly help, or
2. Did it by themselves in locked maps with two devices ( like I did. Lv 70 zero kills zero deaths)
Yeah leaches exist, and they are incredibly easy to avoid. Try not to hate on folks without knowing how they got there.

See what are the consequences of your friend's post a year ago? You should be proud of yourself, encouraging people on how to leech.

There has been a significant increase of leechers in most games, especially some from Russia trying to go for 0kills. This time suentous, I think it is valid for me to state that your friend did a pretty darn bad example for the current generation to look upon.

Yich
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Now it's fixed and stated.

Sorry, forgot not everyone has common sense. You get a PvP death for auto attacking and leaving. You get a death for healing and leaving. You can join a game and get instantly spawn killed. Maybe if you used your brain you'd have seen that he was obviously talking about PvE only. Why assume he's referring to a booster guild?

Yich
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Wow calm guys,

Sorry for double post, but once an F'ing gain, common sense!!

Randomguy
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
can it be l1

Suentous PO
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
See what are the consequences of your friend's post a year ago?
Oh, heya, it's you! I hope you've been well.
Personally, I can see no direct correlation between the op's desire to make this guild and an old thread. I'd be surprised if he knows what you're talking about in this case.

You should be proud of yourself, encouraging people on how to leech.
Here is a difference in the way we think about this subject. You believe (forgive & correct me if wrong) that even having or promoting how to have a zero stat toon, I intentionally or inadvertently encourage others to do this. Often resulting in people simply leaching, even in spite of what I may be describing.
I simply believe each individual is responsible for their own interactions. For me there is no modifier to that.
I believe we see it in different lights, and I have no motive to try to change your mind.
Report bots, host games, boot leachers.
I pug a lot, hopefully some time well be running together, prolly not knowing who each other is, just on common ground.
Cheers

Wendellism
04-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Oh, heya, it's you! I hope you've been well.
Personally, I can see no direct correlation between the op's desire to make this guild and an old thread. I'd be surprised if he knows what you're talking about in this case.

Here is a difference in the way we think about this subject. You believe (forgive & correct me if wrong) that even having or promoting how to have a zero stat toon, I intentionally or inadvertently encourage others to do this. Often resulting in people simply leaching, even in spite of what I may be describing.
I simply believe each individual is responsible for their own interactions. For me there is no modifier to that.
I believe we see it in different lights, and I have no motive to try to change your mind.
Report bots, host games, boot leachers.
I pug a lot, hopefully some time well be running together, prolly not knowing who each other is, just on common ground.
Cheers

While it's true that more players are leeching in rooms, you are right about each player being held responsible of his own actions. To this day, Pocket Legends Terms Of Service has yet to implement an anti-leeching rule, thus many people abuse this aspect of the ToS to annoy other gamers, myself included.

I don't just think for myself when I first created that argument against your friend's 0 kills and 0 deaths thread, I was thinking about others and the consequences of letting your friend's thread go on. In that sense, I knew everyone has their own responsibilities of their own actions, however if I could have steered them into the right directions on how to play the game as LwMark and FourToonie did, at least I would have that peace of mind.

2 elite caps ago, when Mount Fang was the cap, everyone is still friendly with one another, and always willing to learn about their mistakes in PvE and PvP altogether. Even though I wasn't a Founders, let alone a Veteran that played in the Sewers cap, everyone including AoA is still willing to teach new players the fundamentals of the game. Such days are gone ever since Humania first came out, along with the closing of AoA.

Suentous PO
04-18-2013, 12:54 AM
While it's true that more players are leeching in rooms, you are right about each player being held responsible of his own actions. To this day, Pocket Legends Terms Of Service has yet to implement an anti-leeching rule, thus many people abuse this aspect of the ToS to annoy other gamers, myself included.
I can't personally know if there has been more, but will accept that from your perspective it is more (sorry that sucks).
I don't think there will be any explicit rule attempting to define the varieties of "leaching". Example, you join a pug of 4 friends, one of which is getting boosted, you stay and have the right to report? As opposed to one person standing still in lost val that no one knows. No need to when we can host & boot.
As to the the point that you are looking out for the community, I commend your intent.
Of the the past whatever cap, civility and the fundamentals do not have to be a thing of the past.

Edit- I guess this looks like an argument to some. Sorry I'll stop.

The-Sandman
04-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Okay I'll just disregard the arguing above, but:
Say someone with 0 deaths joins...
And dies, (whether it be just because they are "a newb" or from lag, etc.) are they just going to get kicked? Or can they not play on their character for fear of an accidental death?
And you can just create a lvl1 character, it won't have deaths. Maybe a level requirement too? (And this is constructive).

Since their is some confusion and you were the only once nice enough to ask for an explanation instead of spam this is how I would see it working. I haven't figured it all out at this point and I would like to find one or two people who would like 2 start it all out and hopefully cap and then make alts that we would farm and help others lvl. THIS WOULD BE PVE ONLY

1. Your toon has one life. once you have a death that particular toon would be removed from guild. You are not banned from guild or kicked right that second or anything like that. what the assumption is, is that you would make a new toon and be re-invited.

2. p/e ratio has to be visible (for obvious reasons)

3. transferring of items/gold or help from alts/people not in guild would be totally fine

4. active participation in helping others, pvp, ctf etc

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Since their is some confusion and you were the only once nice enough to ask for an explanation instead of spam this is how I would see it working. I haven't figured it all out at this point and I would like to find one or two people who would like 2 start it all out and hopefully cap and then make alts that we would farm and help others lvl. THIS WOULD BE PVE ONLY

1. Your toon has one life. once you have a death that particular toon would be removed from guild. You are not banned from guild or kicked right that second or anything like that. what the assumption is, is that you would make a new toon and be re-invited.

2. p/e ratio has to be visible (for obvious reasons)

3. transferring of items/gold or help from alts/people not in guild would be totally fine

4. active participation in helping others, pvp, ctf etc

You might as well make a 9 deaths guild, to ease the stress. Make your members die 8 times and be extra careful on their last life.

Also I don't think number 4 is reasonable, since you will be socializing with many people you might find.... not to your liking.

Point is, Hardcore guilds have never existed in Pocket Legends because of the audience themselves, and people will just be forced to leave your guild if they die; I think that's more unsociable than even the biggest guilds full of drama. Also, your temporary guildmates will be encouraged to leech to preserve their "flawless" score.

Justg
04-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a cool idea to me.

Yich
04-18-2013, 07:55 AM

^^^^^^^ bingo.

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 08:25 AM

I don't think this is a good idea. This idea would probably cause newer players to leech.

Yich
04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't think this is a good idea. This idea would probably cause newer players to leech.

How is that true at all? 0 death characters generally compete for most kills. They wont get that by leeching. Someone who built the game is saying that an idea for said game is a good idea. I dont think your opinion matters to the OP at this point, not that it ever did, the way you word it. Leeching is an unbelievably easy problem to solve, and what's even more fun than booting is to force them to get a death. When you notice that the "leecher" is getting a little too close, organize it with your team to leave after collection a giants group of mobs. If the leech isnt smart and fast, theyll die. Problem solved. No one going for 0 deaths is going to try to piss anyone off because they dont want anyone doing that to them. Ive had it done to me and ive done it to my little brother, it's hilarious. Leeching for a 0 death character is only plausible when there's mutual consent, so dont use that reason as to why his guild idea is bad.

Ks_Leon
04-18-2013, 08:58 AM

yep...great idea..;)

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Thus the new generation of players would further deviate from those that plays it legitly, and new generations of jerks and boosters, not to mention leechers, would plague the game community for a long time.

I hope you know what were you talking about because last year I strongly opposed a thread's celebrating of a level 71 with 0kills and deaths, and things that I have warned against the community is slowly becoming true, and this thread would further this plague.

Z
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM
No kills = leech, no deaths doesn't say leach in any way, shape or form. His argument has many flaws. There have also been many zero death guilds and now he is gonna get bashed?

Yich
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
No kills = leech, no deaths doesn't say leach in any way, shape or form. His argument has many flaws. There have also been many zero death guilds and now he is gonna get bashed?

A basic version of what I said. Well said. If people are celebrating this then obviously it was a group effort. If people take turns power leveling each others toons to get to a really high level, how is that unfair?

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Say whatever you want regarding this. Since it was the community that likes the idea, I will just stick around and watch as more and more people begin to realise there are trash players attempting to imitate a 0death toon by either leeching or... other worse methods we might not know yet.

Let the community have what they want. At least I gave my honest opinion that is constructive on both the devs and players point of view. Good night.

Battlegrinder
04-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm trying to figure out what the OP is suggesting and am having a little trouble. From the tone of a lot of the posters, the first post was talking about a guild where non of the members have any PvE deaths or kills, but from what I see in the OP, he's talking about a guild where the goal is to avoid player deaths only, and that killing mobs is ok. Am I right about the OP, and if so what's the problem that people are having with it?

Suentous PO
04-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah this got sidetracked into a zero death zero kill discussion that wasn't relivent to the op.

DocDoBig
04-18-2013, 09:36 AM
For all the misconceptions, especially to Yich,
I am on the side of the OP and I pretty like the idea.

Yich
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
For all the misconceptions, especially to Yich,
I am on the side of the OP and I pretty like the idea.

Derp derp

Where is that stated? Hack'n Slash does not necessarily only includes PvE.
Assumes OP is promoting boosting -- derp derp -- claims to be on his side. Get outta here

DocDoBig
04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Derp derp

Assumes OP is promoting boosting -- derp derp -- claims to be on his side. Get outta here

It is amazing how you find in these 12 Words that i assume that Sandman is promoting boosting,
but i promise I was not even referring a second to that thesis.
Wrote you a PM and hope you understand now what I actually meant.
Derp.

billybob1
04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
ummmm....id join...pretty easy to get a high lvl toon with no deaths..ill start with a new toon send me pm when u get started.....n btw the only way sum of my toons even have deaths..is bcuz i talk to much while playing

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
ummmm....id join...pretty easy to get a high lvl toon with no deaths..ill start with a new toon send me pm when u get started.....n btw the only way sum of my toons even have deaths..is bcuz i talk to much while playing

You're a chatty box in-game.

The-Sandman
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Lol this did get a bit outa control and some people *cough* wend *cough* can't read and like drama. Worked on a new toon a lil last night and yea I'm startin this. I will pm the people who said they were interisted and I would love to get a full team make capin real ezy.

The-Sandman
04-18-2013, 12:26 PM

lol same here im a chatty Kathy as well. if we get enough people that will use it I would love for us to set up a teamspeak or vent or something.

anyone interested I will be either on or afk pretty much all day pm me Aragiur (ign) only lvl 13 right now but workin on it.

Whirlzap
04-18-2013, 07:09 PM

Then let us do twink PvE K:D ratio farming again.
And let the oldies' "The Immortals" term arise from the dead once again.
@Yich: And people can, in fact, retain a X:0 DM kills and CTF kills.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/f21522c8.jpg

Yich
04-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Then let us do twink PvE K:D ratio farming again.
And let the oldies' "The Immortals" term arise from the dead once again.
@Yich: And people can, in fact, retain a X:0 DM kills and CTF kills.
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/f21522c8.jpg

Not without boosting.