PDA

View Full Version : Stat boost on matching gears/sets

TheStoic
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't you think this will be a great idea, that everytime we are wearing matching sets (helmet+armor+weapon), we get an added boost (stat). I haven't played other MMORPGs, therefore I can't compare, however, I played Torchlight (not the multiplayer online version), it has the matching gear boost.

I've always been fascinated by the warrior matching gears:
Juggernaut
Berserker
Demonlord
Founders
Forerunners

Greencrow
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I agree. Having a complete set from the helm down to amulets (if they make a set for that) then a +stats is added just like in other mmo's. That would be great :)

Jcyee
04-18-2013, 12:08 AM
They do this in PL but idk why they haven't implemented that here in AL

Energizeric
04-18-2013, 02:59 AM
Results in each class wearing the same set all the time I think, or something like that.

That's because in PL there is just one set for each class that receives a bonus. If they made more sets that got bonuses, then there would be some variety.

Psyche
04-18-2013, 03:01 AM
I think the idea is that the pets are essentially the stat boost, rather than giving set bonuses from gear.

LwMark
04-18-2013, 03:08 AM
I think the idea is that the pets are essentially the stat boost, rather than giving set bonuses from gear.

Just from ur couple posts you are very smart thinking

Energizeric
04-18-2013, 06:49 AM
I would like to see a stat bonus for the mythic sets. Otherwise there's no point in having the set as the lvl26 helm will be too underpowered.

Bebsi
04-18-2013, 07:41 AM
That's because in PL there is just one set for each class that receives a bonus. If they made more sets that got bonuses, then there would be some variety.

Well, I remember that the lvl71 cap brought a variety of sets with a bonus for each set.
U could choose defensive set or set with more dmg, normal and craftable sets. Humana expansion I think xD

Energizeric
04-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Well, I remember that the lvl71 cap brought a variety of sets with a bonus for each set.
U could choose defensive set or set with more dmg, normal and craftable sets. Humana expansion I think xD

Yes, you are correct about level 71. IMO that is one of the reasons that Humania was such a fun expansion. They kept us guessing about the different sets, and then they surprised us with giving a bonus to different combinations rather than just one single set of gear.

Bebsi
04-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Good old times, I farmed like crazy back then till the day I could craft a pirate bow lol

Man, eclipse was so active back then.
What happened to all the members? :/