PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Pests

wammm
04-17-2013, 10:37 PM
As boredom hits meh..... I decided to check on the leaderboards and something caught my attention. I got shocked when I saw Kanital was on the 2nd place on DM kills while the last time I checked it the 2nd placer of Kanital was like 30K away from him. Now there is this guy that has 100k kills and surpasses Kanital in just a matter of days !!!! These leaderboard pest must be terminated, I don't have a concrete evidence but they're obviously boosters. I hope sts will do something about this.

Subscriber
04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
There's more boosters that'll be up there soon, just takes time for STS to do something about it since they have to deal with AL.

Korintal
04-17-2013, 11:08 PM
There's more boosters that'll be up there soon, just takes time for STS to do something about it since they have to deal with AL.

No more soons, many boosters are here now. Action needs asap but too bad you're right Sts focus much on their baby AL :( But I still believe in them.
Pakayolo and the gang still boosting like nubs tho smfh.

Jcyee
04-17-2013, 11:53 PM
This happened long ago...

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:29 AM
Leaderboards are just leaderboards. U will know if ur opponent is actually good by fighting him and not by looking his k/dr or leaderboards.

I have only 12k DM and CTF kills but I can still outmatch most of the PvPers in end game due to studying, trying new things and training. U will become good if u want to become good. Numbers are numbers, I'd like Paka and his gang to actually try to fight the true LB gang.

The Sadness
04-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Every game I've ever played has boosters. Ever look at Game Center LB's for iOS games? Flippin' ridiculous.

I agree w Ninja. Play the person. I saw a 71 mage w 7,000:3,000 KDR and thought omg so pro. Owned him once and said go for 2nd round and got a nty. So I watched this "pro" and saw he only challenged the weak.

Have fun out there.

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 06:06 AM
So I watched this "pro" and saw he only challenged the weak.

Hahaha....guess I'll be his next "challenge" then ;p

Extreme
04-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Meh, just remember "kdr means nothing"

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Actually I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the ToS forbidding "boosting" so I highly doubt SpaceTime will do anything

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Relax have a coke and a smile.

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Relax have a coke and a smile.
Make it a coffee and we'll call it a deal.

Cavoc
04-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I say let them. Nothing we can really do about it. If they choose to waste hours and hours of repeatedly killing someone that's just standing there... Let them.

dudetus
04-18-2013, 07:37 AM
I want a beer.

Actually I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the ToS forbidding "boosting" so I highly doubt SpaceTime will do anything

Well, Mjolstin has been seen recently to join locked 1v1 PvP games. Not entirely because of boosting but because of botting. So STS is doing something.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
I want a beer.

Well, Mjolstin has been seen recently to join locked 1v1 PvP games. Not entirely because of boosting but because of botting. So STS is doing something.

He has also been seen in a forest fight private game while some guildes were pvping. Being pvpers they asked him to go. Being a lvl 71 dev against a lvl 26 regular player he said you can TRY to kill me. lol This was hilarious with a predictable outcome. Its kool to see that crocodile run around like a total beast. I hope i personally get to see him one day. But for now i have only seen screen shots.

Yich
04-18-2013, 08:02 AM
He has also been seen in a forest fight private game while some guildes were pvping. Being pvpers they asked him to go. Being a lvl 71 dev against a lvl 26 regular player he said you can TRY to kill me. lol This was hilarious with a predictable outcome. Its kool to see that crocodile run around like a total beast. I hope i personally get to see him one day. But for now i have only seen screen shots.

You'll only ever see him once. Then you won't see anything. Then you probably wont be playing PL until you buy a new device and make a new account.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 08:09 AM
You'll only ever see him once. Then you won't see anything. Then you probably wont be playing PL until you buy a new device and make a new account.

I'm sure that's not going to happen. So stop trolling everything I post. Your false irrational negative comments is in some ways against the forum rules. You are also very irritating like bug bite that I have to keep telling myself not to scratch.

Yich
04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Why do you say that?

No reason.

CrimsonTider
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM

A wise man once said: "Be careful what you wish for."

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
A wise man once said: "Be careful what you wish for."

Why should I be careful what I wish for?

xcainnblecterx
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Thats pretty self explanatory

dudetus
04-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Tough peanut to crack isn't it?

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
I hate pvp boosters and people that love to trashtalk against any constructive criticism in the forum. And I only consider those that understands the mechanics of this game a true veteran.

Pakayolo, you are definitely one of the players that I would consider trash in my eyes. Kill boosting in pvp, trash talking in your personal drama, you shouldn't even come to this thread to brag or let alone comment. Unless you wanted to make an apology to the community, we have the rights to burn you in forums because of you kill boosting towards leaderboards and not even understanding what was wrong with you.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 09:32 AM

I just don't see a reason to be careful for what i wish for. So i was asking why he thinks i should be careful.

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
I just don't see a reason to be careful for what i wish for. So i was asking why he thinks i should be careful.
Things aren't alwasy as they appear. It's a pretty straightforward quote and concept. But since I'm so kind, I'll spoon feed you.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I hate pvp boosters and people that love to trashtalk against any constructive criticism in the forum. And I only consider those that understands the mechanics of this game a true veteran.

Pakayolo, you are definitely one of the players that I would consider trash in my eyes. Kill boosting in pvp, trash talking in your personal drama, you shouldn't even come to this thread to brag or let alone comment. Unless you wanted to make an apology to the community, we have the rights to burn you in forums because of you kill boosting towards leaderboards and not even understanding what was wrong with you.

Ok lets break this down. Your first statement "I hate pvp boosters and people that love to trash talk<(two separate words) against any constructive criticism in the forum". Shows me that your whole entire post is going to be bias. In my opinion the way i approach constructive criticism is never trash talk. The only time i would ,in your words, "trash talk". Is when some one personally questions my pvp skills. In reply to these attacks i will stand up for myself because i know that i am fairly a good pvper. For your "consideration" you are entitled to your own opinion. Remember there is a difference between facts and opinions. The next part when you say im trash in your eyes is a total attack which is against the forum rules, and also make you a hypocrite for trash talking. In the grand scheme i respect that you have your own opinion. You are implying that i boost, skewing my defense as trash talk, and now your creating false statements about me bragging in this thread. If you read the comments i was never negative nor bragging. As for an apology i have no reason for one. As stated in the forum rules NO ONE has the right to attack troll flame or "burn" anyone in any forum, And justifying your wrongful actions of attacking me with false accusations on grounds with insufficient evidence of boosting is just plan IGNORANT (in my opinion). Don't get me wrong i can understand why you guys do and say what you do, but that doesn't make it ok. Then you Say theirs something wrong with me and acting like there isn't something wrong with every one else in the world.I have pointed out what i believe is wrong with you. I am entitled to an opinion and you are too. So maybe next time we both can just keep our negative comments to our self's. Because i still talk to you with respect intelligence even when you just got done bashing me.

Ape
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM

U dont have to be careful as u claim to
1 hit me on l.17.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Things aren't alwasy as they appear. It's a pretty straightforward quote and concept. But since I'm so kind, I'll spoon feed you.

Yes the quote is commonly used. When it is usually used it is implying that i either don't want my wish to really come true (a sarcastic wish) Or something bad will come of it. I still want to see a dev just like all of you. I don't believe anything bad will happen when i do see a dev, because i did nothing wrong. So their is no reason to be careful what i wish for.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
U dont have to be careful as u claim to
1 hit me on l.17.

pvp wise from what i seen on his stats and heard three lvl 76s would have a hard time beating him if even possible.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Tough peanut to crack isn't it?

It just could have multiple reasons behind it.

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Ok lets break this down. Your first statement "I hate pvp boosters and people that love to trash talk<(two separate words) against any constructive criticism in the forum". Shows me that your whole entire post is going to be bias. In my opinion the way i approach constructive criticism is never trash talk. The only time i would ,in your words, "trash talk". Is when some one personally questions my pvp skills. In reply to these attacks i will stand up for myself because i know that i am fairly a good pvper. For your "consideration" you are entitled to your own opinion. Remember there is a difference between facts and opinions. The next part when you say im trash in your eyes is a total attack which is against the forum rules, and also make you a hypocrite for trash talking. In the grand scheme i respect that you have your own opinion. You are implying that i boost, skewing my defense as trash talk, and now your creating false statements about me bragging in this thread. If you read the comments i was never negative nor bragging. As for an apology i have no reason for one. As stated in the forum rules NO ONE has the right to attack troll flame or "burn" anyone in any forum, And justifying your wrongful actions of attacking me with false accusations on grounds with insufficient evidence of boosting is just plan IGNORANT (in my opinion). Don't get me wrong i can understand why you guys do and say what you do, but that doesn't make it ok. Then you Say theirs something wrong with me and acting like there isn't something wrong with every one else in the world.I have pointed out what i believe is wrong with you. I am entitled to an opinion and you are too. So maybe next time we both can just keep our negative comments to our self's. Because i still talk to you with respect intelligence even when you just got done bashing me.

If I were to keep my comments to myself, I wouldn't be at the forums expressing my thoughts, wouldn't it? You may think defensive is the best method in proving your point, but really, there are times where you should simply admit your mistake and learn from it.

Pardon me if my words are too harsh on you, that is the way I roll. I simply put my honest but blunt comments to let others know, if they insist, I let them carry on. After all, the PL of 2010, where a player such as you would be attacked by completely constructively honest opinions, is long gone, most of the true veterans left the game in disgust. Such players like Physiologic and Whoisthis are great contributors and are not afraid to sound out the possible flaws against all odds, risking moderation just to make the game better, if they were still around, I believe they will be one of the first to chide you.

Loaden
04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Pests lol.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
If I were to keep my comments to myself, I wouldn't be at the forums expressing my thoughts, wouldn't it? You may think defensive is the best method in proving your point, but really, there are times where you should simply admit your mistake and learn from it.

Pardon me if my words are too harsh on you, that is the way I roll. I simply put my honest but blunt comments to let others know, if they insist, I let them carry on. After all, the PL of 2010, where a player such as you would be attacked by completely constructively honest opinions, is long gone, most of the true veterans left the game in disgust. Such players like Physiologic and Whoisthis are great contributors and are not afraid to sound out the possible flaws against all odds, risking moderation just to make the game better, if they were still around, I believe they will be one of the first to chide you.

Im following the rules. Are you?

Wendellism
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Im following the rules. Are you?

I won't bother even if my posts are in your opinion, annoying you. As I have stated, that is the way I go around posting, and if you do not like what I said, there's always the ignore button on my avatar.

I think it's safe to say that you are but bending the rules to make it look like you had the advantage, but really even a dropout could see through your trolling.

Now I'm off to enjoy a rest. I don't know if any veterans/devs would warn you, but really your attitude won't get you far in the game. Good night.

pakayolo
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
I won't bother even if my posts are in your opinion, annoying you. As I have stated, that is the way I go around posting, and if you do not like what I said, there's always the ignore button on my avatar.

I think it's safe to say that you are but bending the rules to make it look like you had the advantage, but really even a dropout could see through your trolling.

Now I'm off to enjoy a rest. I don't know if any veterans/devs would warn you, but really your attitude won't get you far in the game. Good night.

Sweet Dreams :)

Rawrimafish
04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
i bet its someone getting 2 accs and killing that one in a locked game

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Pakayolo's here, time to watch the hatred go wild.

wammm
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM

Correction.... TRASH IN OUR EYES***

xcainnblecterx
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM

says the guy calling apollo and yich in chat box. Go ahead fight em in pvp

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 11:39 AM
i bet its someone getting 2 accs and killing that one in a locked game

That in itself is one thing. Not very sportsmanlike, granted. Boosted kills, zero deaths. It proves nothing more than someone's insane resistance to boredom and how little and unimportant they must feel in real life. If, however, they are using a computer program to repeatedly gain kills whilst they are afk doing other things then that is against tos and a matter for the devs to deal with, and not us.

As for what this actually means regards leaderboards....absolutely nothing. In my opinion, as soon as you could buy your way onto them they became worthless anyway. Those who pvp will know who the true pvp legends are....they don't need a leaderboard or a guy with a zillion kills and zero deaths to tell them otherwise.

xcainnblecterx
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
That in itself is one thing. Not very sportsmanlike, granted. Boosted kills, zero deaths. It proves nothing more than someone's insane resistance to boredom and how little and unimportant they must feel in real life. If, however, they are using a computer program to repeatedly gain kills whilst they are afk doing other things then that is against tos and a matter for the devs to deal with, and not us.

As for what this actually means regards leaderboards....absolutely nothing. In my opinion, as soon as you could buy your way onto them they became worthless anyway. Those who pvp will know who the true pvp legends are....they don't need a leaderboard or a guy with a zillion kills and zero deaths to tell them otherwise.

I agree that kdr doesnt mean skill but for people that actually work to get up on lb, a booster is a slap to the face to that work. Im sure some have worked months or more to even get last on lb. Then someone out of the blue comes and gets up right away and noone has ever actually seen him pvp. Thats a back hand

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
I agree that kdr doesnt mean skill but for people that actually work to get up on lb, a booster is a slap to the face to that work. Im sure some have worked months or more to even get last on lb. Then someone out of the blue comes and gets up right away and noone has ever actually seen him pvp. Thats a back hand

I understand...but boosting kills is not against the terms of service I don't believe, but using a bot or other third party software is. If people just boost their kills by slaying a toon on another account, or a friend, technically they are doing nothing wrong. Unethical, yes, but if it is not specified in the TOS, hard to do much about it which, in itself, demeans the legitimacy of the leaderboards. However, if by jumping into someone's computer program and receiving no response from pvpers, then, I assume devs are able to act. This is my understanding...I may of course be totally wrong...and will be shot down in due course ;P

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Keep I mind....that twink Mage that boosted 1st place and made kanital 2nd, I farmed him like crazy. My anger went overboard. I farmer he(r) with my sandstone farmer and twink. And my! How bad (s)he was! He has absolutely almost no order of skills! Just spam them! I farmed with my rage. And I haxed my way in to the game, haxing. I also joined a game with a pass, where there was only one person there, shooting barrels, and what's this thing with bots? Can someone please explain it clearly to me? By bots, is it making a computer-powered character where I keeps dieing and gives you kills, or what? And gnomecide also said somethinga bout a guy makin money by shootin nothing in hidden passages.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Keep I mind....that twink Mage that boosted 1st place and made kanital 2nd, I farmed him like crazy. My anger went overboard. I farmer he(r) with my sandstone farmer and twink. And my! How bad (s)he was! He has absolutely almost no order of skills! Just spam them! I farmed with my rage. And I haxed my way in to the game, haxing. I also joined a game with a pass, where there was only one person there, shooting barrels, and what's this thing with bots? Can someone please explain it clearly to me? By bots, is it making a computer-powered character where I keeps dieing and gives you kills, or what? And gnomecide also said somethinga bout a guy makin money by shootin nothing in hidden passages.

You always have these crazy wild stories in PL.

Please tell me more, they interest me. :rolleyes:

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
You always have this crazy wild stories in PL.

Please tell me more, they interest me. :rolleyes:

Sigh......fine. Don't believe me. I'm used to ppl not believing me. But I rlly did went in games.....i soon got booted by that lb booster, but felt good to ruin his KDR at least A BIT.
But what's all this botting about?

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 01:56 PM

I think we covered all this in game yes?

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 01:58 PM
I think we covered all this in game yes?

Yes, AFTER I posted that.

xcainnblecterx
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I understand...but boosting kills is not against the terms of service I don't believe, but using a bot or other third party software is. If people just boost their kills by slaying a toon on another account, or a friend, technically they are doing nothing wrong. Unethical, yes, but if it is not specified in the TOS, hard to do much about it which, in itself, demeans the legitimacy of the leaderboards. However, if by jumping into someone's computer program and receiving no response from pvpers, then, I assume devs are able to act. This is my understanding...I may of course be totally wrong...and will be shot down in due course ;P

In that sense i thin you are right. I know sts said they wasnt going do anything to boosters in al (as of right now) so tos wise probally not. A respected player wise definitely not ;)

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Bots...thought they were just computer programmed ppl.

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I fall asleep in locked games sometimes and don't respond so you could call that botting. Sometimes there's just not enough evidence to prove someone's botting unless you're absolutely sure and provide the information needed.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
He talked...but he was there one hour later....idk if that's boosting.

Botters don't typically talk. If you catch him again and he's doing the same thing but doesn't reply this time, then I would be suspicious.

CrimsonTider
04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
"It never rains in California, but boy, don't they warn ya. It pours, man it pours."

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Shadow....we talked about this in game and about what you should do. I don't think you should be posting pics on here or calling out names of ppl you suspect of botting. If you are wrong you are damaging their reputation.

And Apollo? You're reposting the pics?

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Nobody wants to read your guys' paragraphs, geeze. Some of the stuff you guys' say is pointless and it just carries on for days.

Personally, I only read the well-known forumer's posts, they make sense. Stop trying to be what you're not.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Shadow....we talked about this in game and about what you should do. I don't think you should be posting pics on here or calling out names of ppl you suspect of botting. If you are wrong you are damaging their reputation.

And Apollo? You're reposting the pics?

I routinely press "reply with quote" out of habit, as I am, like many humans - a creature of habit. :D

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Yes the quote is commonly used. When it is usually used it is implying that i either don't want my wish to really come true (a sarcastic wish) Or something bad will come of it. I still want to see a dev just like all of you. I don't believe anything bad will happen when i do see a dev, because i did nothing wrong. So their is no reason to be careful what i wish for.
It applies to all circumstances, and ofcourse the negatives don't show up until they hit you.
I honestly don't care if you boost or even bot. You are probably a cool enough guy. Obviously, your point is that you aren't breaking the ToS, so a developer encounter could in no way harm you. You don't need to play devil's advocate to make your point though.

Sheugokin
04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
I get how it is annoying but it really doesn't concern you if you are no where near getting on the leaderboards. I can see how Kanital is complaining but not the others.

Whirlzap
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Let's please stop before we bring up that PvE K:D Ratio argument that occurred when K:D twink ratio farming was destroyed.

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Let's please stop before we bring up that PvE K:D Ratio argument that occurred when K:D twink ratio farming was destroyed.

Haha fail smiley faces Whirlz, at first I was like wtf.

Use slashes nun!

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Haha fail smiley faces Whirlz, at first I was like wtf.

Use slashes nun!

Slashes work, also never knew Whirlz was Catholic.
:D
:)
;)

Delphina
04-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Time to close of this thread. Please contact support if you believe someone is botting in the future.