PDA

View Full Version : That's all you get for getting to the elite level cap?

Tantalizer
04-18-2013, 02:14 AM
I have a complain to make to the STS it is this:

I have spent no less than 100 hours may be even 150 , made my mum mad,pissed my dad off and nearly killed myself to lvl up to LVL 26!!!!!

Wow! Am i hard core ? NO! I am the average casual player laboring in order to lvl up before this awesome new expansion and guess what ?

I must say i expected something for reaching lvl 26 .

What did I get? A vanity banner! WOW! how useful?

I didn't even get the 5 skill points i was looking forward to. what is the point of all this ?

I am angry at STS for this I and by the right that i have as their patron I demand a reason.

I know that arcane legends is the prime of STS's games and I certainly agree.

They have awesome updates and wonderful graphics and story lines.

BUT they are sadly tooo money faced . This game is starting to revolve around plat . It is no good. This must change.

I request everyone who reads this to reply and tell me what they think

greatly obliged.

your faithful gaming patron,
Quirkyas(lvl26 rogue)

Samhayne
04-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi Quirkyas,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt that reaching the elite level cap gained you more skill points than any other level does. I'm not sure where you came to that understanding? We know that gaming can be a lot of fun and be especially fun when you achieve a goal - like reaching the elite level cap. However, I would advise you to not let your gaming interfere with your real life. There are a LOT of choices we make as we live our lives. Sometimes, it can be too easy to let games (or other entertainment diversions) consume a lot of time to the detriment of other obligations. If you are upsetting your parents, then perhaps gaming is taking too large a slice of your time. We're thrilled that you enjoy Arcane Legends - but don't let that overly impact your real life.

As for your perception that Spacetime Studios is too worried about Platinum, please keep in mind that without users who open their wallets and support us with Platinum, there wouldn't be a free game like Arcane Legends. Just like you or your parents wouldn't go in to your job without receiving a salary, we can't operate our games without users who are willing to patron optional premium offers. We strive to keep optional premium offerings as just that - optional. If you have the free time to devote to it, you can play all the way to the end of Arcane Legends and amass the best gear without ever spending any Platinum. Many players choose to do just that. Those players who do opt to purchase Platinum in turn make this game available for everyone else to play for free. If anything, we should all thank them!

I hope that helps to address your concerns.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Quirkyas,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt that reaching the elite level cap gained you more skill points than any other level does. I'm not sure where you came to that understanding? We know that gaming can be a lot of fun and be especially fun when you achieve a goal - like reaching the elite level cap. However, I would advise you to not let your gaming interfere with your real life. There are a LOT of choices we make as we live our lives. Sometimes, it can be too easy to let games (or other entertainment diversions) consume a lot of time to the detriment of other obligations. If you are upsetting your parents, then perhaps gaming is taking too large a slice of your time. We're thrilled that you enjoy Arcane Legends - but don't let that overly impact your real life.

As for your perception that Spacetime Studios is too worried about Platinum, please keep in mind that without users who open their wallets and support us with Platinum, there wouldn't be a free game like Arcane Legends. Just like you or your parents wouldn't go in to your job without receiving a salary, we can't operate our games without users who are willing to patron optional premium offers. We strive to keep optional premium offerings as just that - optional. If you have the free time to devote to it, you can play all the way to the end of Arcane Legends and amass the best gear without ever spending any Platinum. Many players choose to do just that. Those players who do opt to purchase Platinum in turn make this game available for everyone else to play for free. If anything, we should all thank them!

Beautifully worded post, Alex. *claps*

Limsi
04-18-2013, 12:15 PM
No, the game revolves around us.

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi Quirkyas,

Very, very, very well said.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
If capping elite gave bonuses like it does in PL, trust me, many players would not like it. There are already too many people that complain about this in PL: "Vanity ring, take it off plzzzzzzzz. Only reason why you're winning, nobody can be more skilled than me!"

Your capping elite gives not only a vanity banner, but 1 skill point and 5 attribute points more than other L25 players, as well as access to L26 gear. That alone is enough, wouldn't you agree?

Chaim Nail
04-18-2013, 01:39 PM
You also get that feeling of "Look at me, I'm awesome, I levelled up to the max!" when walking round the towns, effectively announcing to everyone that you have no life :D

Disclaimer: I am lvl26...

Slashiroth
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
If it feels like the game is too plat based please give us some examples since there are free plat offers you can do to build up the plat. Platinum items are just optional and yes some have awesome stats like Clyde but don't you think that buy contributing to the game the item should have awesome stats? The players who choose to buy platinum in turn help the thousands of people who play the game for free. STS is a company and just like any other company it runs off money. If there was nobody to buy platinum there would be no more AL. So think about that next.time when you rant about AL being plat based when it clearly isn't.

inkredible
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
hey wouldnt it be nice to get 10k and a vanity banner after capping ;) LOL

well i think it be nice to receive a little something something in addition to vanity banner :) , wouldnt hurt i dont think

Jcyee
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Where did you hear that you get 5 extra skill points from capping?

And like Apollo said, just be glad that capping isn't like PL

TheStoic
04-18-2013, 09:21 PM
and you also get the common greeting from your giuldmates, "Grats, Congratulation, Gratz, or any variations thereof", this is priceless.

On a serious note, STS is doing quite well for freemium players like me. I don't feel like a lesser player against the plat-spenders on this game just because they have the best gears and the awesome pets. I know how you feel, I came to a point where I deleted my characters (all 3 of them) because of my frustration and I regretted it. Thankfully, they revived my deleted characters. The game isn't perfect, I'm sure the STS team is working hard taking notes of our concerns and addressing them when their resources permits. Take a back seat, take a time off. Enjoy and stop aiming for the best in game, it'll will only lead to unnecessary stress. Have a nice day!

Zeus
04-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Where did you hear that you get 5 extra skill points from capping?

And like Apollo said, just be glad that capping isn't like PL

I thought players got 1 skill point and 5 attribute points more than L25 players for hitting elite cap, no?

White Paws
04-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes, it's just a standard "Level up" that comes with a banner. You get the same skill/attribute points just like when you achieved lvl 25. You unlock some lvl 26 gear, just like when you achieved lvl 25 and were able to equip the lvl 25 gear. It's almost purely cosmetic.

Greencrow
04-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi Quirkyas,

meeh agree :) its a decision whether you'll spent plats or not.. and also just have fun to the game.. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE SIDE.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Jcyee
04-18-2013, 11:50 PM
I thought players got 1 skill point and 5 attribute points more than L25 players for hitting elite cap, no?

If I remember correctly, I think it's 1 skill point and 6 attribute points here in AL.

Darko
04-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Hi Quirkyas,

Agree sam, we should all. Thank them and have a nice pleasent surprise in my stash *wink wink* since the game wouldn't be free without players like me :)

Wowsome
04-19-2013, 02:49 AM
If I remember correctly, I think it's 1 skill point and 6 attribute points here in AL.

true.

additionally, the cap lvl N gear (except the best ones) is quite cheaper and a little better than the lvl N-1 gear having the same name :) u know, because capping is such a chore :p.

Genuinous
04-19-2013, 06:36 AM
I sometimes feel like banner for cap is a bit.. meh.. Like it is not really a reward, as it does not improve anything. This upcoming one looks cool finally (didn't like the others besides 16), so I'm looking forward to this one though. Maybe a bit too many banners however... Cap, leaderboard, achievement, regular reward... It seems a bit too much and too simple.. It would be really cool if some of these rewards were maybe vanity helms/armors? I don't mean that we need the stat boost that clearly created issues in PL, just something different than a flag?

All that said, still 100% agree with Sam on the rest :)

Caiahar
04-19-2013, 08:05 AM
I sometimes feel like banner for cap is a bit.. meh.. Like it is not really a reward, as it does not improve anything. This upcoming one looks cool finally (didn't like the others besides 16), so I'm looking forward to this one though. Maybe a bit too many banners however... Cap, leaderboard, achievement, regular reward... It seems a bit too much and too simple.. It would be really cool if some of these rewards were maybe vanity helms/armors? I don't mean that we need the stat boost that clearly created issues in PL, just something different than a flag?

All that said, still 100% agree with Sam on the rest :)

yeah just....something other than a banner? The banners dont even say the cap, like 16, 21, 26. And for leaderboards...a banner with a cool drawing on it. Banners banners banners. Soon...ill be overflowing with unwanted banners and may have to buy inventory slots or liquidate em...

Metztli
04-19-2013, 10:57 AM
I laughed out loud, literally ... in public ... everyone stared.

You also get that feeling of "Look at me, I'm awesome, I levelled up to the max!" when walking round the towns, effectively announcing to everyone that you have no life :D

Disclaimer: I am lvl26...

Darko
04-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Banner for leaderboards is nice... banner for cap, ya not so much... I loved how sl had class specific vanoty items for cap, however caps were extremely harder to obtain (could take you weeks to a month to cap) but those helmets were so sick