PDA

View Full Version : I'm NOT a Troll

dudetus
04-18-2013, 02:55 AM
It all began during the great obsolete guide era (which is sorta like anniversary now yay). I let in to the frustration of those obsolete guides popping in once in an hour. I began to think if I just let it all out instead of encouraging, (which could lead into more guides) I could have been able to stop the guidemaking. Some of those replies I posted were over the top now as I look back at those days. Immature solution for a simple problem. It affected IMO the atmosphere of this whole community as in every single one of those obsolete guides were 2 sides, the "nice work buddy :)))"and "this sucks dont do these :(((". It was ripping the forums apart as every single thread turned into flaming as these two sides clashed. Best friends calling eachothers out for the view of the guide and it's maker. I still remember how I was before the guide era very good friends with WE but we were worst enemies during the era. It wasn't fun as almost every forum friendship was teared apart by a single viewpoint. Ofc, I was one of the patronist in the a "bit" more negative side as I felt encouraging wasn't the solution but to hit hard in hopings they stayed down. I feel especially sry for bashing Skel so hard.

So, after the guide era ended everything changed for me. Now I was a troll as I was bashing those guidemakers. Great.

I never rly cared for being a troll. Sure, I got a "status" and I was heard way better than I used to be, but being a troll never was my intention in the first place. There were now a group of 3 of us "trolls", me, Hank and Ely. Hank got banned quite quickly so later on there were 2 of us in our "group", me and Ely. We did what we did, I can't say all my posts were now free of trollish characteristics as the new status got a bit on my head, but I was slowly trying to get myself away from "trolling". I feel trollfree nowadays.

Some of u may disagree that I am still trolling. Sarcasm and irony are my main sources of humor and those are assosiated to trollish posting. But the big difference is that trollish usage of sarcasm and irony try to insult and belittle the counterpart. My use of sarcasm and irony are only used to crack a joke. Those are at least my intentions. Phrasing is my biggest problem. English is not my mother tongue and due to high language differences between Finnish (my mother tongue) and English, the language "barrier" forces me to modify my intended replies quite a bit and as a resolution the message may be unclear sometimes and taken in trollish manner. I'm a good guy in RL, my intentions are not to insult or hurt anyone's feelings. I'm here to enjoy my time on these forums with the people who share love to the same game as all of u.

Kinda like setting things straight thread. Got a bit long so I put a tl;dr version as well for u lazy bums.

Tl;dr: I trolld now I don't intend to troll.

Thank You G for hearing me out. I rly appreciate it :).

Bai, have a nice dai.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Nice one, dude! :)

I was wondering when you'd get sick of being called a troll. :p

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Nice one, dude! :)

I was wondering when you'd get sick of being called a troll. :p

U read only the tl;dr version didn't u?

Zeus
04-18-2013, 03:04 AM
U read only the tl;dr version didn't u?

I read both, do I get extra credit? ;)

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I read both, do I get extra credit? ;)

U will get meatloaf served with mashed potatoes and juice.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 03:13 AM
U will get meatloaf served with mashed potatoes and juice.

Wait, is Finnish beer better than that crap we have in America? Too many college kids thinking they're oh-so-cool walking around parties with a Bud Light in their hand.

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Wait, is Finnish beer better than that crap we have in America? Too many college kids thinking they're oh-so-cool walking around parties with a Bud Light in their hand.

Totally. Bud light tastes like wheat flavored soda. Freaking awful.

I personally love this Finnish beer called Karhu (=Bear in English). It tastes like REAL beer and it is an "average" cost beer. But alltogether Finnish beers all taste like real beer and it would be kinda same to drink German beers as afaik those u can get rather easily in the States and Finnish beers are mostly based on German beers. Real men drink real beer. God Ik too much, I better start reducing drinking.

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Ninja...you are one of my oldest and dearest pl friends. You really are one of The Good Guys. In my eyes, you, Hank and Ely livened up the forums usually making a point in an entertaining way. I'll admit that it sometimes went over the top, but there are others here who constantly get away with more. Anyway, I digress....troll or no troll, don't lose your sense of humour, keep being you....keep being awesome :)

dudetus
04-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Ninja...you are one of my oldest and dearest pl friends. You really are one of The Good Guys. In my eyes, you, Hank and Ely livened up the forums usually making a point in an entertaining way. I'll admit that it sometimes went over the top, but there are others here who constantly get away with more. Anyway, I digress....troll or no troll, don't lose your sense of humour, keep being you....keep being awesome :)

Thanks, means a lot coming from u :).

And don't worry, I am still going to be me. Sarcasm and irony are my weapons and unintended thread derailment as my speciality :p.

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
trolling without trolling

Ks_Leon
04-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Great story ninja...keep up the good work even u a troll...well not fully troll...;)

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Idk what to say...........I believe you are a good guy, with no intentions to hurt others feelings, and at times you like to have some fun (who doesn't?). But I'm just a stupid, dumb, trolling boy, so how would I know?

P.S: those stupid guides.....some of em were mine, weren't they? Haha, I remember when ppl used to flame on me that I secretly want to be GoA -.-.

Suentous PO
04-18-2013, 08:49 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/lordzenu1/5BFCAB3A-81CB-440D-A4DD-1DDD482674CF_zpswdxs0ycl.gif (http://s28.photobucket.com/user/lordzenu1/media/5BFCAB3A-81CB-440D-A4DD-1DDD482674CF_zpswdxs0ycl.gif.html)

xcainnblecterx
04-18-2013, 09:06 AM
At least you're very entertaining and make yhe forums a lively place

billybob1
04-18-2013, 11:12 AM
meh...ur funny sumtimes.......

wammm
04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
meh...ur funny sumtimes.......

I find him funeeh all the time :) we are not that close but I like dudetus :)

billybob1
04-18-2013, 11:26 AM

i like ur sig tho

wammm
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM

i like ur sig tho

Ohh thankyou very muchh.. FYI I spend 3hrs makin that, its not obvious but its really 3D !! :p

CrimsonTider
04-18-2013, 11:47 AM
I love you, Dude! No homo. ;)

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
And....just saying...if you were a little troll-like....you'd be one of the cutest!

Zeus
04-18-2013, 12:49 PM
And....just saying...if you were a little troll-like....you'd be one of the cutest!

Adorable!

I want his beanie!

Suentous PO
04-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Adorable!

I want his beanie!
I'm prolly the only one terrified of that.

Zeus
04-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm prolly the only one terrified of that.

I bet he gets all the ladies with that face.

McBain
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Real men drink scotch.

and/or bourbon.

Hi.

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Real men drink scotch.

and/or bourbon.

Hi.

I'm not a man but man do I love my Bourbon!

aav5224
04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
anrt ninjas trolls ?? when they use they disapear bang thing they troll the people they r fighting

Zeus
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
anrt ninjas trolls ?? when they use they disapear bang thing they troll the people they r fighting

Which troll are you? I'd classify you as a HateTroll or RandomTroll.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22702-Troll-Family-Tree&highlight=troll

DocDoBig
04-18-2013, 02:44 PM

A grammar nazi knows the difference between "there", "their" and "they're".

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Dude! What are you doing!
Guess what...I'm HATED! Haha! Idk what I'm saying. Dude prolly hate meh too. So does crimsontider. And maybe yich. But I'm cheerful :D!

Yich
04-18-2013, 02:49 PM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22702-Troll-Family-Tree&highlight=troll

Why is this not stickied???

A grammar nazi knows the difference between "there", "their" and "they're".
Where's the relevance here? Obviously he's no grammar nazi, so what are you trying to say?

Dude! What are you doing!
Guess what...I'm HATED! Haha! Idk what I'm saying. Dude prolly hate meh too. So does crimsontider. And maybe yich. But I'm cheerful :D!
Some people find you annoying. Taking that and thinking it makes you cooler just makes you that much more annoying. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Why is this not stickied???

Where's the relevance here? Obviously he's no grammar nazi, so what are you trying to say?

Some people find you annoying. Taking that and thinking it makes you cooler just makes you that much more annoying. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Haha! :D Duh, course I'm hated :D. When did being hated make you cool? >_<

P.s: I already admitted I'm a stupid, dumb, trolling boy.

billybob1
04-18-2013, 03:01 PM
HARDY HAR HAR. Duh, course I'm hated :D. When did being hated make you cool? >_<

crikey! do u ever not respond?

DocDoBig
04-18-2013, 03:03 PM

You're right,
I should maybe edit his post first, even when i don't know if that's practicable or the time worth.

Suentous PO
04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Oh snap!

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/82F8A8CD-BC6A-41FB-BAD5-2D0C1AA0A720-2510-000006DD1C1EB8BD.jpg

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/98F1FEBB-80DF-4981-8CB0-F573E897A2A5-2510-000006DD52F4B377.jpg

Some baby momma funna get rich!

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:43 PM

U troll! I hope the real pic is as ur screensaver ;p

Adorable!

I want his beanie!

There's a funny story behind that. I got it last weekend.

I was on a guy trip with my best friends (6 of us in total, lots weren't able to come) to my parents villa near a big finnish ski centre. The idea of this trip was to get totally wasted. And we did. We had vodka coffees as our morning coffees. Tells quite a bit. So, we went to this HUGE club in which we were in line for 50 minutes (during that time I took a leak to that type of big balcony umbrella stand thing. Ithad a hole in it and was right next to my place in line so I wouldn't lose my place) and then we finally got in (I was the only one who's IDs weren't asked muahaha). The place was completely full as it was sort of closing festivals for the ski centre. So, there was a rly big finnish artist (reggae/hip hop) and with the help of our elbows we got in good spots. Then the gig was over and then this gal came to the stage trying to keep up the mood by throwing some sponsor merchandise. She shouted "All the ladies put ur hands up in the skyyy" and threw that beanie. I was so wasted I didn't hear it and I just jumped in the air and took it. I was all like "OOO YAAA" while all the women around me (as I am a chick magnet by my looks ofc) were like "duud u r such jerk". I replied "maybe in this lighting but regulary I'm a stud!"

Then I caused 2 bar fights, got sexually harassed and almost passed out while trying to make a pizza at the villa later.

Good night.

dudetus
04-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh snap!

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/82F8A8CD-BC6A-41FB-BAD5-2D0C1AA0A720-2510-000006DD1C1EB8BD.jpg

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/98F1FEBB-80DF-4981-8CB0-F573E897A2A5-2510-000006DD52F4B377.jpg

Some baby momma funna get rich!

Zomg, I foresee a new meme.

The Happiness
04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
U troll! I hope the real pic is as ur screensaver ;p Haha! But ofc!

morfic
04-18-2013, 04:21 PM

Nice post by Pharcyde there. I miss that guy :(

What people deem "trolling" is a hard thing to break. In the past I have found it near impossible to NOT "troll" in certain circumstances. Like when your bro Hanko started on me in that one thread. Writing that short story troll post was impossible not to do. I tried my hardest not to post that thing... but after a few paragraphs I was committed and couldn't stop writing.

Good luck in your efforts Dude... but you were always one of my fav posters. Your so called "trolling" was, in my eyes, quality postings that NEEDED to be done. Countless lol's were made on behalf of them. And that counts for a lot.

EDIT: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52129-Learn-to-stop-the-cycle-of-hate!&highlight=stop+cycle+hate (The post I was referring to.)

Subscriber
04-18-2013, 04:23 PM

What people deem "trolling" is a hard thing to break. In the past I have found it near impossible to NOT "troll" in certain circumstances. Like when your bro Hanko started on me in that one thread. Writing that short story troll post was impossible not to do. I tried my hardest not to post that thing... but after a few paragraphs I was committed and couldn't stop writing.

Good luck in your efforts Dude... but you were always one of my fav posters. Your so called "trolling" was, in my eyes, quality postings that NEEDED to be done. Countless lol's were made on behalf of them. And that counts for a lot.

Long time, no see.

Justg
04-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Let me be clear here: The forums are our work place, and we need to be able to come here and get up-to-the-second crystal clear information on the games.

That being said, we think the community at large has a wonderful sense of humor, and we love it!

What is not cool is when trolling disrupts or derails conversations, or causes undue drama.

And if you troll us we are definitely not cool with it, and the consequences usually extend as far as our reach, which is to say in game.

So keep it light, keep it fun, and have a good time! In short, just be cool to each other and we're fine with it.

Gonna move this one to off-topic...

Peace,

- g

morfic
04-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Love the G.

There is definitely a time and place for trolling, and there is definitely a difference in being malicious and just having fun. I am guilty of both, and I believe the bans I received were warranted. (like in the above linked thread. That was a bit malicious). But sometimes I got carried away and didn't fully think it out before posting. ;p

Either way, the forums are a better place when the trolling is kept to a minimum. That guide era was painful, but also fun in a way. Kept me really active on the forums. :p

dudetus
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM

EDIT: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?52129-Learn-to-stop-the-cycle-of-hate!&highlight=stop+cycle+hate (The post I was referring to.)

Ohhh, I gotcha u in this side by my thread. Giggles. I'm speshul.

Sure, I still do think that even though my actions were kinda harsh back in the days, they were mostly right things to do. I never picked my "victims" randomly, they were all in the need of it. But nowadays the forums are far more stable thanks for GoA and AoA programs departures and honestly, the trolling isn't needed anymore. + I think my current infraction status cannot handle any more of those haha so I got to need to be careful. My posts itself haven't changed that much frankly, they still have sarcasm and irony implemented in huge amounts.

Haha I do remember the story! Best reply ever :D! I remember Hank couldn't even help laughing his butt off as we met after that "war" later on IG :D!

Nice to have ur opinion as well, u've been waaayy too AWOL for my taste :p.

tHelonestud
04-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Love the G.

There is definitely a time and place for trolling, and there is definitely a difference in being malicious and just having fun. I am guilty of both, and I believe the bans I received were warranted. (like in the above linked thread. That was a bit malicious). But sometimes I got carried away and didn't fully think it out before posting. ;p

Either way, the forums are a better place when the trolling is kept to a minimum. That guide era was painful, but also fun in a way. Kept me really active on the forums. :p
Classic white knight tale
Very high quality post

Phoenixking
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
*sob* it wuz fun seeing you semi-troll

Suentous PO
09-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi Trent ,=DD

dudetus
09-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi Trent ,=DD

Meanie!

Justg
09-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Please don't Necro, and as a reminder here is how we feel about trolling:

Let me be clear here: The forums are our work place, and we need to be able to come here and get up-to-the-second crystal clear information on the games.

That being said, we think the community at large has a wonderful sense of humor, and we love it!

What is not cool is when trolling disrupts or derails conversations, or causes undue drama.

And if you troll us we are definitely not cool with it, and the consequences usually extend as far as our reach, which is to say in game.

So keep it light, keep it fun, and have a good time! In short, just be cool to each other and we're fine with it.

Gonna move this one to off-topic...

Peace,

- g