PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss the founder's equipment

Limsi
04-18-2013, 05:49 AM
So.. we do have specific equips that are branded as "founder" items available during the first month of the game. These were obtainable via mystery chests purchasable either by gold (1000) or platinum (7). They were typically not the best equips around at that time as there were the presence of elite items, basically they were just "a - ok".

.. then came these vanities which basically are recolored versions of the equipments that is ONLY purchasable by platinum (15)

My question is : Which weighs more and deserve to be called "THE founders"? The gear available during the first month of the game or the vanity version? Since there's no official word regarding about the fate of these items, I'd like to ask your opinion with what you think would happen to these items as well as your preference between the two.

P.S. It would be appreciated if a developer could share their input regarding the plan with these items, (even a simple one liner would do) but since the expansions come fast and that there are more pressing issues that need to be tackled - replies are not being forced from you guys! :)

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Couldn't agree more. I have noticed many threads regarding the same issue a few months ago, and I still agree.
The founders shouldn't be tradable nor available in store anymore.

Notice they will be available for anyone at anytime? That's not how founders are supposed to be.

I, and we would recommend STS to implement something that actually can have the name ''founders'' which would be some sort of vanity set or vanity helmet for all the players that joined the first month or so.

They should indeed really do something about it.

That being said, there is still one item that only you can have, that proves you as a founder, and that's non tradable which is the Lv.16 banner.

Limsi
04-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I'd have to agree with your suggestion with regards to a "vanity" being given out to those who played the game during the first month for several reasons:

- Not all players during the first month had the gold as well as platinum to gamble with mystery chests, thus this would mean that not all players who joined the first month of the game would have a chance at these items.

- The vanity version - which is assured that you would not have to gamble to get a "founder's item" plus it's a vanity item meaning you can wear it without sacrificing your character's stat, however not everyone could be able to afford a piece since there are those who lack platinum and that offers come hard on the different parts of the globe. This now creates an unbalanced scenario for those who joined the first month yet have no ability to purchase one.

With the past MMO games I've played, they usually award some "token of appreciation/founder equips" after a certain period. This seems to be the same case with Pocket Legends though I'm not sure with Dark and Star Legends, so I will not be surprised if Arcane treads the same path.

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 07:13 AM
What I could also suggest is the following:

Since the Lv.16 vanity banner has mostly been achieved by founders, the banner should be changed into a vanity helmet or chest.
Why? Because it would most likely show that you are a founder while wearing another level cap banner at the same time.

Or, anything that could show that we're founders with the ability to wear any other vanity banner at the same time.

My two new little and shiny cents!

jtst
04-18-2013, 07:18 AM
What I could also suggest is the following:

Since the Lv.16 vanity banner has mostly been achieved by founders, the banner should be changed into a vanity helmet or chest.
Why? Because it would most likely show that you are a founder while wearing another level cap banner at the same time.

Or, anything that could show that we're founders with the ability to wear any other vanity banner at the same time.

My two new little and shiny cents!

nice idea

darthdlo
04-18-2013, 09:12 AM
What about a title called founder

Limsi
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
What about a title called founder

I have thought of this too, not so sure how people would react.

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 09:46 AM
I have thought of this too, not so sure how people would react.
I'd say no thanks to a title. A title isn't good in my opinion.

drgrimmy
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, don't really like the title option. Would not be as cool looking, and I don't know about
everyone else, but I frequently play with other player's titles hidden as it just clutters the
screen when you have lots of people with titles showing standing/playing in the same place.

TheStoic
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Brilliant idea Myst with the level 16 banner turned into a vanity item, but my problem is I have deleted my banner. :(. I'm just curious, did it happen in other STS games that a founder item (helmet+armor) turned into a vanity?

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Brilliant idea Myst with the level 16 banner turned into a vanity item, but my problem is I have deleted my banner. :(. I'm just curious, did it happen in other STS games that a founder item (helmet+armor) turned into a vanity?

You can contact support to get it back, if you really did delete it!

Erdnase
04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Heres my problem, I dont have it and never did! lol. Ive been playing since the beginning but i was too lazy to cap 16. :p I didnt find the need and was noob. So im a founder buy just have no proof of it. Nice going 5 month ago me. :hopelessness:

Caiahar
04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
My thoughts exactly. I joined when the game came out, and I couldn't get those founders. I was also too lazy to cap at 16. And 3 caps later, the founders vanity is stil here....ive met many ppl wearing those that joined LAST WEEK.

Mysticaleagle
04-18-2013, 10:27 AM
My thoughts exactly. I joined when the game came out, and I couldn't get those founders. I was also too lazy to cap at 16. And 3 caps later, the founders vanity is stil here....ive met many ppl wearing those that joined LAST WEEK.

This is what I dislike. People joining these days can actually GET what they 'so call' founders. Not cool.