PDA

View Full Version : Shield vs Lifegiver

Bloodyblaz
04-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Any opinions or tips would be appreciated. I'm new to being a mage I play rogues and warriors mostly but, my mage is level 18 and im thinking of respecting out of lifegiver because of the aggro. Any thoughts and maybe tips of what upgrades are good for either one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Valkiryas
04-18-2013, 09:40 PM
I think both shield as lifegiver are very important for PVP but still think it's better the shield and protects you, besides that gives invincibility for 2 seconds and greatly reduces the amount of damage received, even giving so much help lifegiver life I think both are important, the shield only gives you more chances to survive.

Bloodyblaz
04-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Ok. I think I will keep life and when I level some more get shield too. Now that I look at it they seem that they could work fairly well together. Thank you for explaining them.

Alhuntrazeck
04-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Hope you don't rush into this...consider for a minute. Mages are support classes. their heal is for a reason; though it aggros, it heals 90% of the groups health. a good tank will draw the aggro back to you. While they do that, you sit tight, maybe run around, don't attack, and spam pots. but shield is mainly, imo, for solo runs. idk about pvp because as a mage, unless you spend platinum and play really, really well, you'll turn out to be pretty useless in pvp. ever since the stuns were nerfed.

Now shield does nothing to support your teammates while not increasing your health, but it does slow your death down. It all depends on your build, too. If you're going for complete attack, what i like to call nuker, you go all attack. with fireball, ice, time, lightning. then you could go hybrid. with three attacks and one defense: heal or shield. or you could go defense with time, shield, heal.

In a nutshell, its this: use shield for solos/not supporting teammates. Heal for supporting em, and healing yourself while you're at it. Depending on your build, you could use both, one, or none. And don't forget: mages are first and foremost a support class. so i would recommend heal.

Hope I wasn't too confusing. Good luck with your mage!

-Al.

Azepeiete
04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
In pve (mobs), life giver is only worth 2-3 health pots, which you will eat with the new mobs on you. At higher levels, it's kind of useless. I'd suggest Fire, ice, light, clock. But you may want to keep life giver til you're the elite level or complete the campaign.

Energizeric
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Shield doesn't help you carry the flag. So if that's something you're going to want to do, then better go with lifegiver.