PDA

View Full Version : dagger bleed proc

Arterra
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
how effective is it? i would practice fast item switching just to capitalize on multiple procs, but i need to know if the length of time and it's effectiveness is worth it for a bird to get in close for that second.
also, does it always activate, 100% every hit? any stacking for increased dot?

Azrael
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
honestly i've never manage to prove it exists... id be up for trying again though

Royce
10-07-2010, 10:22 PM
honestly i've never manage to prove it exists... id be up for trying again though

Yeah it would be interesting to test. According to a dev post from a long while back, all daggers have it, it is damage over time, and it stacks. However, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Seems like damage over time could most easily be converted to a H/s debuff, but it could work a number of ways I guess...

Jownz
10-08-2010, 10:04 AM
i use my desert dagger 24/7 it does stack on the constant hit on oponet plus it aslo debufs armor along wit the high chance critical hits

Arterra
10-08-2010, 12:06 PM

You mean you have never in testing had anything come up or just never seen it? Could be like meditation, were here is no other indicator of it other than dramatic regen.

BeardedBear
10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I know from personal experience, if you cause bleeding in PVP, which results in the opponent dying, you don't get the kill for it. Also, I'm going to guess bleeding can't be more than 5 hp loss a second, as the hp loss is pretty insignificant.

Royce
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I know from personal experience, if you cause bleeding in PVP, which results in the opponent dying, you don't get the kill for it.
Hmmm, sounds like the bug with thorn wall, where if the root damage killed the player did not get credit, and they fixed that, so if true maybe post the info in bugs and technical issues

Also, I'm going to guess bleeding can't be more than 5 hp loss a second, as the hp loss is pretty insignificant.

Maybe not huge, but even that is equivalent a -5 H/s debuff which is not bad, and since they can stack, you could probably get even some bears to negative regen, which would be a nice boost to the dagger's steady damage...

Arterra
10-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Maybe not huge, but even that is equivalent a -5 H/s debuff which is not bad, and since they can stack, you could probably get even some bears to negative regen, which would be a nice boost to the dagger's steady damage...

well considering bears armor, i think hard pressed to get any damage even with debuffs. he can always buff up too.

it would have to really stack up to beat a isis gear set tbh...

Royce
10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
well considering bears armor, i think hard pressed to get any damage even with debuffs. he can always buff up too.

it would have to really stack up to beat a isis gear set tbh...

Well you'd obviously need to debuff opponent armor to have any chance of doing meaningful damage with a high speed low damage weapon like a dagger, but if you are an archer using break armor, or a bear using both debuffs and rage (for the damage buff) then maybe. Honestly, I've never been a huge dagger fan though, and you're right if bearded's assessment is accurate, then the proc is not super-helpful, though depending on how often it procs, and how long it lasts, with the speed of a dagger, it could quite possibly negate Isis regen it would seem. It would take 4 (okay 5) times stacking. Spears which are much slower and have a fairly low percentage break armor proc can stack at least 3 times maybe more, and the dagger is more than twice as fast I believe.

Arterra
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
smaller question: bosses do not seem to have any regen right? i know some have heals but i don't think actual regeneration. i will test now...

edit: at least deadeyes doesnt lol dagger would work on him

FluffNStuff
10-08-2010, 03:10 PM
i use my desert dagger 24/7 it does stack on the constant hit on oponet plus it aslo debufs armor along wit the high chance critical hits

The dagger debuffs armor? Where are you getting this. Royce, can you test this?

FluffNStuff
10-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I will say that the using the dagger bear, I used to be able to tear through bosses. Bleed definitely stacks, and get's to some crazy amounts, because watching the boss's health, it is slow going at first, but really speeds up considerably around half way.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
im not sure my bird is a mage so not sure but if you want when i respec i could test it out?