PDA

View Full Version : 7 days x2 XP Elixir timer running while in town

MOCHI
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I bought 7 days x2 XP elixir before and still had a couple of days left in it since I already capped at 26. I just noticed that after the update, the timer still runs when I'm in town. Prior to the update, the timer doesn't run once inside the town. Is this an oversight?

Samhayne
04-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi Mochi,

This was a bug fix. The intent of the 7 day xp elxirs was that it would last for 7 consecutive calendar days. If you bought it on Monday, you should have had until next Monday to make use of it.

Khylan
04-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Mochi,

This was a bug fix. The intent of the 7 day xp elxirs was that it would last for 7 consecutive calendar days. If you bought it on Monday, you should have had until next Monday to make use of it.

Are you serious? I have the elixir on all 3 of my toons. If this was a bug, shouldn't it have been fixed, ya know, back when the level cap was 16?? This is really uncool on your part, and something should be done for those that have it on multiple characters.

And no, the argument that it "was just a bug" 6 months after the fact doesn't cut it. If that is the case, please reimburse players that purchased it!
The extremes STS is going to to take liberties with the player base is ridiculous. What's next? I send you my plat Amex number so you can take yourselves out to dinner when I log in to the game?

Facepook
04-19-2013, 03:48 PM
That would be nice, I had week long on all of my characters because I heard on the forums that it didnt ware off, I got the message my elixir wore off on my warrior, so I started to level my mage, and that one wore off to, darn:( no more plat left

Samhayne
04-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Well, I guess it is one of those bugs that no one wanted to report, so it went overlooked for a while.

As you can tell from the name, the intent of the elixir was to always expire after 7 days continuous calendar days. You got to enjoy the benefits of the bugged 7 day elixir for a long time. We hope you enjoyed it and apologize for the miss-set expectations.

drgrimmy
04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Are you serious? I have the elixir on all 3 of my toons. If this was a bug, shouldn't it have been fixed, ya know, back when the level cap was 16?? This is really uncool on your part, and something should be done for those that have it on multiple characters.

And no, the argument that it "was just a bug" 6 months after the fact doesn't cut it. If that is the case, please reimburse players that purchased it!
The extremes STS is going to to take liberties with the player base is ridiculous. What's next? I send you my plat Amex number so you can take yourselves out to dinner when I log in to the game?

Please give them a break. I think that this was quite obviously a bug. It would have been foolish to think that this elixer would have lasted for 168 hours of dungeon time. This equates to 672 15min 2x XP elixers, and is defintely no where comparible to what that would have cost. Most poeple will never even play this game that much. I am pretty much addicted to this game, playing several hours each day, and I have have not even come close to running this elixer out since the last level cap. This was a "seven day" elixer, not a lifetime elixer.

Also, if you have ever played any of the other STS games, the 7 day elixers lasted just that: 7 days of real life, not of playing time...

MOCHI
04-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Well, I guess it is one of those bugs that no one wanted to report, so it went overlooked for a while.

As you can tell from the name, the intent of the elixir was to always expire after 7 days continuous calendar days. You got to enjoy the benefits of the bugged 7 day elixir for a long time. We hope you enjoyed it and apologize for the miss-set expectations.

I don't mean to get anyone in trouble, I was merely looking for clarification. I just want to point out that it does say 7 days in a row, however, it did not clearly state that it was 7 "calendar days" in a row (I just checked the store and my avatar). I was under the impression that the chronological count would have to do with the actual minutes/hours/days logged on (which kinda made sense to me). If the expiration is based on actual "calendar" days, then please state that clearly in the description. I didn't log on that much prior to the update since I was saving the remaining days/hours of my elixir for the Nordr update. When I am on, I mostly spent my time in the town instead of hunting.

I wasn't aware that it was a bug since when you read the information on other elixirs there's a statment that says: "Elixirs are "paused" when you are in town - so buy them anytime!" - the fact that it doesn't specify which elixir, doesn't this statement cover all timed elixirs in general?

falmear
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
If you are capped then it shouldn't run down. The elixir is useless at that point. Also its very deceptive to change it without announcing it and everyone knew this is how it worked. So if you bought it and they change it without saying anything then its like a bait and switch. If you're not happy about it then ask for a refund because they shouldn't change something after you have purchased it. That is just wrong.

octavos
04-19-2013, 05:26 PM

If you are capped then it shouldn't run down. The elixir is useless at that point. Also its very deceptive to change it without announcing it and everyone knew this is how it worked. So if you bought it and they change it without saying anything then its like a bait and switch. If you're not happy about it then ask for a refund because they shouldn't change something after you have purchased it. That is just wrong.

ill post it here too...

The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store.

Supposedly purchased elixers aren't sopposed to count down, and yes I did ask for a refund. This explains why no one reported it.

Rare
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Well I totally believe you that it's a bug. It seemed really strange to me that you guys would do that. That being said, there were a number of threads and posts about it. So, bring that there was no response, I just figured, for some reason it was something strange you guys decided to do.

Redtank
04-19-2013, 05:33 PM
I noticed this at 16 cap when I bought never ran out when I was offline or in town. Can't believe u guys fixed this, it made playing so much better.

Carapace
04-19-2013, 06:03 PM
we will change the description in the next update to reflect that the 7 Day elixir counts down while offline. Thanks guys!

Khylan
04-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Misrepresentation of product is a viable reason to dispute credit card charges. I purchased these elixirs at level 1 on all my characters.

I get that it may have been a bug, but it is naive to think no one at STS noticed this or that it has never once been mentioned in 6 months, especially after the 7 day was heavily pushed prior to each double exp event. It's not the cost, it's the point.

Arcane Legends is a great game, but things like this, in addition to other things like the fiasco of Arcane/Mythic upgrades is pissing off your customer base. I bet plat purchasing has declined recently, am I wrong? So what to do? Come up with ways to charge people more?

IT people aren't in sales/ customer relations for a reason...they are terrible at it. No matter how great your product is if you treat people that are giving you money like crap they will leave. You need to look at the big picture and not be so short sighted..would it really be that big of a deal to leave existing 7 day elixirs alone and have the changes for future purchases? Would it be game breaking to let all the people who have spent huge amounts of money trying to get the Arcane Hooks be able to upgrade it? It's super rare!! When you take away someone's hope they'll lose all incentive to try.

Gameplay
04-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Can we ask for a refund? And get it refunded?

Gorotsuki
04-20-2013, 04:35 AM

So pretty sure a while back when STS changed how elixirs ran you said that any platinum purchased elixirs WOULD NOT run in town only in combat zones? So what is 7 day xp elixir bought with gold.. or platinum? Hmm... Now your telling us 'It was an overlooked bug'?

Gorotsuki
04-20-2013, 04:40 AM
we will change the description in the next update to reflect that the 7 Day elixir counts down while offline. Thanks guys!
How about instead of it running offline you actually let it run for 7 days in-game time? I cannot believe not a single person nor employee didn't report this 'overlooked' bug.

Guitardude
04-20-2013, 10:26 AM
ill post it here too...

Supposedly purchased elixers aren't sopposed to count down, and yes I did ask for a refund. This explains why no one reported it.

Totally true. There would be nothing to report because you guys said Elixirs bought would NOT count down in towns.

LwMark
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM

ill post it here too...

The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store.

Haha good find ik i saw it somewhere to want refund

Fyrce
04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
I actually thought it was 7 days of actual play in dungeons is how I thought it worked. I would be pretty mad if I had it on multiple characters at the same time.

Valsacar
04-21-2013, 05:19 AM
It's time to poke some holes.

Misrepresentation of product is a viable reason to dispute credit card charges. I purchased these elixirs at level 1 on all my characters.

They didn't misrepresent any product you purchased with your credit card. You purchased platinum, you got platinum. You have nothing to dispute with your credit card company.

I get that it may have been a bug, but it is naive to think no one at STS noticed this or that it has never once been mentioned in 6 months, especially after the 7 day was heavily pushed prior to each double exp event. It's not the cost, it's the point.

You must be a master programmer, either that or you know nothing about programming. There have been bugs found in the Linux kernel that existed for over 10 years, MS only stopped finding and fixing bugs in XP because they finally gave up on it and pushed people into their newer OS. You think 6 months is a long time to discover and repair a bug?

Arcane Legends is a great game, but things like this, in addition to other things like the fiasco of Arcane/Mythic upgrades is pissing off your customer base. I bet plat purchasing has declined recently, am I wrong? So what to do? Come up with ways to charge people more?

I'm going to bet, you're wrong. What fiasco of arcane/mythic upgrades? My helm is still better than anything released thus far. There is something new coming for the helm and armor in the next expansion, we don't know what it is yet. If fixing bugs and releasing hard to get gear (which many players have asked for, and gives something to strive for after the first week of release) pisses off players... then every game in existence must be terrible.

IT people aren't in sales/ customer relations for a reason...they are terrible at it. No matter how great your product is if you treat people that are giving you money like crap they will leave. You need to look at the big picture and not be so short sighted..would it really be that big of a deal to leave existing 7 day elixirs alone and have the changes for future purchases? Would it be game breaking to let all the people who have spent huge amounts of money trying to get the Arcane Hooks be able to upgrade it? It's super rare!! When you take away someone's hope they'll lose all incentive to try.

You got what you paid for, an elixir that lasts for 7 days. I never thought it would last for 7 days in dungeons, that would be ridiculous. I never noticed the bug, because it took me under a day to cap, and I removed the elixir after that as it served no purpose. I spent a lot of time and money getting my legendary gear too, maybe they should let me upgrade it. Oh, wait, they did, it's called NEW gear that I have to spend time and money getting. Those with arcane items don't need to do that, they still have the best gear for at least one more level cap.

ycdref
04-21-2013, 08:12 AM
I confirm than timer running while in town and than Grimnr is impossible to kill..

So i spent $30 for these ***.hole bug ?

Are you serious or you wanna a scandal ?

tHelonestud
04-21-2013, 08:19 AM
These players make AL seem so fun

Tankz
04-21-2013, 08:31 AM
I confirm than timer running while in town and than Grimnr is impossible to kill..

So i spent $30 for these ***.hole bug ?

Are you serious or you wanna a scandal ?
Totally agree i paid so much money to get it on all toons and now this...i will stop playing AL now

error 404
04-22-2013, 03:06 AM
ill post it here too...

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH OCTAVOS FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!! :)))

H2N's original post explaining that shazbot/klaas free elixir timers would continuously count down in town and while logged off but elixirs purchased with real money/plat from the store would not expire while in town or logged off was what had me decide to pay for these elixirs.

Personally i find it to be pretty deceitful on spacetime studios behalf to allow this to be said without correcting H2N on his/her post. Given they will probably take the route and say it was over looked or none of them saw it. It's just mind boggling to me how that statement would go unseen or be allowed to be said if its untrue, then on top of that call it a "bug" that the elixir timers were magically stopping while in town. I'm not here to demonize sts by any means for I've been a costumer and player of theirs for 3 years now so to push money into a company and have this sort of nonsense occur just deters me personally from wanting to continue to support them. I feel for them. I understand they need to make money some how but they must ask themselves if this is a positive step in the right direction in what they are doing to make the money that keeps the company alive. In my opinion no, but to others they see it to be justifiable for spacetime studios to do these sort of manipulative tactics. I'm sure spacetime studio also has their own perspective on this but if they were to put themselves in our shoes maybe it would change. For example if they themselves (sts) found a fresh, newly developing game which kept them spending countless hours playing and loved to see how the company changes and grows over the years into something better than it originally had been. stuck with the game through thick and thin, experienced changes throughout the years dealing both negative and positive effects on themselves as the player putting money into the company, new expansions, new versions, new ideas. Not always agreeing with actions taken but still pumping love and money into the game/company with hope they will get back on track to just have the said company create shifty ways to make an extra buck here and there once they had an abundant amount of players to profit handsomely from. They'd quite possible feel cheated of all their time, effort and money put into it to just have the company offer them dirt and cheap shiny gimmicks as a "Thanks for your support" type response which ultimately makes them feel more insulted than satisfied in return for their love and loyalty to the company. who knows how'd they feel in that position though. The point being that respect for one another must be there to keep things going smoothly. By focusing more on how you can profit off your millions of subscribed players (given not every single player spend money to help support the company, a fair majority do and have over the years) rather than give the love back to the ones supporting you, keeping you in business and spreading your name leads to the companies demise. Money is indeed fantastic but at what cost is it worth it when your losing loyal costumers who supported and got you where you are? The absence of those players only leads you down the inevitable path of the company ceasing to exist do to the lack of loyal continuous support. They don't fund the entire company but they are a big influence in what keeps your company going. I've personally watched many many fellow supporters up and quit do to rash and fast money making decisions on your behalf. I feel this all has been said before but falls to deaf ears or just gets taken as an insult when that is not what it's meant to be. All in all i hope things can be worked out for the better, this can all hopefully be resolved and we can all go on our way enjoying the wonderful things spacetime studios has to offer.

Side note: are refunds going to be given to those misled?

thank you and much love.
-E-

Gorotsuki
04-22-2013, 03:49 AM
You pushed news updates its been seen by many players now: Developers & Admins plz respond...:

ill post it here too...

kurosakiichi
04-22-2013, 04:18 AM
If so, i will quit too! Darn!

wrathstorm
04-22-2013, 04:28 AM
... words.. words.. words..

are you the staff too? just asking :)

AtrociousGod
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Hahaha sts stopped caring about this post on the 19th, give up and just quit they aren't going to be helpful. They already have our money what more do they care?

Bejo
04-23-2013, 08:48 AM
what the , i bought that elixir for 3 of my toons, i just waste my platinum then since i just can play one in times

Samhayne
04-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone,

The elixirs clearly state how they work in game currently. If you have previously purchased an elixir and feel it was mis-represented, we are always happy to discuss the issue with you. Please contact our Support Team by writing support@spacetimestudios.com. Our intent is to provide interesting premium options for those who wish to support us through Platinum purchases. Our apologies for any misconceptions with the 7 day xp elixir.

Thread closed.