PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are the normal bosses now tougher?

Chaim Nail
04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I got a 30 min loot reroll elixir from Klaas so I did my normal thing of solo running the early levels to get through the bosses quickly which often gets me eggs and/or a locked crate or two, only now the bosses take longer to kill, up to twice as long and I haven't changed any attributes of my warrior (stats, weapon, armor etc.) - what's up?

euromikeym
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I got a 30 min loot reroll elixir from Klaas so I did my normal thing of solo running the early levels to get through the bosses quickly which often gets me eggs and/or a locked crate or two, only now the bosses take longer to kill, up to twice as long and I haven't changed any attributes of my warrior (stats, weapon, armor etc.) - what's up?

It is not just you. I just made a thread myself about this. The Hauntlet has completely changed too in difficulty.

Did we miss an announcement or news bulletin about this?

Zanpakuto
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Dang can't farm again! How are the stories?

Samhayne
04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey guys,

The Frost from Nordr has made some bosses a bit more rowdy. We're looking at pushing a fix for it this evening. Our apologies for the issue.

Chaim Nail
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I just did a hauntlet run and someone in there asled "Is it harder? :/" - yes it darn well is!

I don't like this one bit, I'm lvl26 warrior and had to use potions to stop from dying in there for the first time in a long long time :(

Cero
04-19-2013, 04:11 PM
I just did a hauntlet run and someone in there asled "Is it harder? :/" - yes it darn well is!

I don't like this one bit, I'm lvl26 warrior and had to use potions to stop from dying in there for the first time in a long long time :(

2mage 1rogue 1tank,

122exp with 7says lix per 1:30-2mins.
it is somewhat hard/mobs hitting hard cos we are mostly 26s and only lvl28tank

euromikeym
04-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey guys,

The Frost from Nordr has made some bosses a bit more rowdy. We're looking at pushing a fix for it this evening. Our apologies for the issue.

Thanks for responding so fast, Sam!

That damn frost gets in places it is not supposed to, and causes havoc. There are some good anti-freeze sprays on the market that may help out. Hehe!!

Look forward to the fix. Thanks!

gundamsone
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
3rd boss took me 7 tries to solo

they're like mini elite bosses atm hehe

Fyrce
04-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Hmm...700 pots and a hour later, Frostir is only at about 2/3 down. And everyone left. Oh well, maybe later.
Nodr looks great though!

Eggcelent
04-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Hmm...700 pots and a hour later, Frostir is only at about 2/3 down. And everyone left. Oh well, maybe later.
Nodr looks great though!

Tell me about it. When you get him to 1/3 health, he hulks-out and starts dropping over 4k crits. Basically OHK. I know they don't want to make it easy, but these are tougher than elite bosses.

Chaim Nail
04-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Well the server just went through another update about 10 mins ago and when it came back I did a couple of runs I've done countless times and the bosses are still tougher than they were before Nordr came into play.

Haowesie
04-19-2013, 05:17 PM

My observation...
- hauntlet was very hard at level 17, and progressively became easier until level 21 with good gear
- hauntlet was very hard at level 22, and progressively became easier until level 26 with good gear
Prediction...
- hauntlet will be very hard at level 27, and will progressively become easier by level 31 with good gear

Also, my level 10 twink can kill one of the dailies boss in 2-3 shots, while my level 26 main takes a bit more. So it seems the mob and bosses scale to your level... Give it time, logic says it will get easier as you level up :)

Techno Email
04-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Frostir, Frostbite and Grimnr have had their armor lowered in an update a few minutes ago. We'll post some more details about this soon.

Samhayne
04-19-2013, 05:23 PM
More about this at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94274-All-Level-25-Content-Is-Now-Scaled-For-Player-Power-Up-To-31

Chaim Nail
04-19-2013, 05:40 PM
So we've all been nerfed?

Well that sucks :(

Darko
04-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Took me 25 mins for all levels, no clue what yall are talking about with an hour lol....its your skills, use reduce armor... it does this cool thing where it reduces it 10% each hit making a boss with best armor eventually die.... awesome concept huh

chitgoks
04-20-2013, 06:33 AM
well it sure made me swear many times because my mage keeps hitting fireballs the opposite way

and shield doesnt five invincibility sometimes as it says it does. i fully charge shield then charge only to get killed 1 shot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
04-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Took me 25 mins for all levels, no clue what yall are talking about with an hour lol....its your skills, use reduce armor... it does this cool thing where it reduces it 10% each hit making a boss with best armor eventually die.... awesome concept huh

Yeah some people were saying frostir took over an hour. Now I didn't time it, but it couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes with the group I was with.

What is this reduce armor you speak of? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Darko
04-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah some people were saying frostir took over an hour. Now I didn't time it, but it couldn't have been more than fifteen minutes with the group I was with.

What is this reduce armor you speak of? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Im being sarcastic....for that boss you need griup that has skills which reduce armor

tux9th
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
I just have a level 16 and level 12 char.
For me it has become considerably harder to beat any bosses at all. I cannot beat any boss solo anymore. Is it just me or was this touched for low lvl players as well?

seksii
04-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Could it be because we are now higher levels???? Makes sense to me

Chaim Nail
04-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Also my warrior is walking about 15%-20% slower, I don't mean the new Nordr levels where patches of snow can noticably slow things down, but everywhere.

When I used to go to Paradise Pier and walk to the Consignment Store there was only ever enough time for one use of the Skyward Smash to speed up getting to the CS, now there's enough time to do Skyward Smash twice to get to the CS from the 'beam in' point near the jetty. Even with Shiloh giving 12% extra movement speed there's just enough time to do a second Skyward Smash moments before getting to the CS, when before there wasn't a chance before Nordr appeared.