PDA

View Full Version : Zombie event

Battlegrinder
04-19-2013, 08:49 PM
At some point in the future, PL needs a zombie event or map. We've fought zombies before in Forest Haven, but that wasn't really a zombie event. If you'd replaced them with any other enemy, it wouldn't have changed the campaign all that much, because it didn't really feel like a zombie attack. There were only a couple dozen of them, they were just wandering around instead of making a beeline for the players, ect. Forest Haven didn't capture the zombie attack atmosphere (and it likely didn't aim to), but it would be awesome to make an event that did.

Here's how it would work. STS releases the event and brings back the zombies. Maybe they change the models to add zombie bears/rhinos/mages/foxes/birds/ect (maybe toss in a few zombie knights, yetis and aliens too), but they could be the good old forest haven ones. The zombies would go down in one or two hits, and do medium damage. That doesn't sound like a challenge, and indeed the individual zombies wouldn't be much of a threat. The main danger would be the fact that there are a huge number of zombies shambling around. 3 or 4 dozen would be considered a small mob. The map might have some explosive barrels or other hazards (maybe cages containing zombie trolls or some other big, tough boss zombies that would be very difficult to fight) scattering around to deter the players from AoEing their way through the map, and instead having to use their weapons to fight through the mob. The goal would be to create a tense, action packed experience.
What do you think?

bramer
04-19-2013, 09:00 PM
This would be a great event, but it doesn't really fit in with cartoonish style of PL though.

This is bramer - signing out

Xvanitykingx
04-19-2013, 09:42 PM
They should make a zombie dressed up as a :banana: event! :D :D

cookiez
04-20-2013, 08:42 AM
+1.

Battlegrinder
04-20-2013, 01:43 PM
They should make a zombie dressed up as a :banana: event! :D :D

We kinda already have that, zombie costumes are a fixture during the Halloween, and a lot of people decide to buy one.

Xvanitykingx
04-24-2013, 12:34 PM
We kinda already have that, zombie costumes are a fixture during the Halloween, and a lot of people decide to buy one.

A zombie in a :banana: outfit? I don't think we have ever had that...

And yes, I know about the Halloween costumes -.-

Battlegrinder
04-24-2013, 12:40 PM
A zombie in a :banana: outfit? I don't think we have ever had that...

And yes, I know about the Halloween costumes -.-

Oh, now I get it.

Lol, that would be very amusing.

Xvanitykingx
04-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh, now I get it.

Lol, that would be very amusing.

Haha. :D