PDA

View Full Version : Irritation on merching

Cavoc
04-19-2013, 10:31 PM
I've encountered the most aggrivating merching scenarios lately.
People ask you to offer and they either
1) Completely ignore you or 2) Have never even heard of the word negotiate.

Then people complain about how they can't sell it!

When I offer a price, that doesn't mean that's all I will pay, it's just a reasonable price that can be raised to an extent.
Instead of just ignoring someone try talking.... For example: I say 500k, you say something higher than what you're expecting. Buyer(500k) seller(600k) "meet me at 550." My offer will raise and we could end up on what you intended on recieving. You can't merch something and expect a cs price.

Have you ever watch pawn stars or been in any agreement on a price? When someone says a price, do the guys just walk away..? No. They negotiate a price.

Jcyee
04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Well on occasion, some do walk away ;)

Subscriber
04-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Sorry to say but I do this, I'll say "Offer?" Then they'll tell me a price and I won't respond. Sorry 'bout it.

Also I hate when people say alright split it down the middle, how about no, I want my money brah.

Korintal
04-20-2013, 12:34 PM
One that irritates me is that almost everybody in PL is a merch -________- Almost EVERYYYYBODYYYYYYYYY

wammm
04-20-2013, 12:35 PM
One that irritates me is that almost everybody in PL is a merch -________- Almost EVERYYYYBODYYYYYYYYY

Dude, WELCOME to Merch Legends!

Yich
04-20-2013, 12:53 PM

:(...
^^ The image you give of yourself with that post. Soooo many tears.

tHelonestud
04-20-2013, 01:17 PM
When I merched, the majority of my profit was made off of "merches"
people are too impatient and get frustrated too easily.
I could only imagine how much I would have if I kept the same pace as fang days

Whirlzap
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
It's the reason why people aren't making a gold cap per day through "merching".

lakersrockftw
04-20-2013, 01:47 PM
:P wammm taught me how to merch I learned new ways to negotiate by pawn stars it's actually a pretty good show.

Nihiliste
04-20-2013, 02:30 PM
I just hate those fake merchants who buy 50-80% percent off.

Battlegrinder
04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
I just hate those fake merchants who buy 50-80% percent off.

I don't mind those guys that much, because sometimes you just need fast cash or really need to unload something. The ones I really hate are the guys who won't buy good items even at a low price. I was trying to sell my Rift set last week, and I swear I spent an hour running around trying to find anyone who would buy the blasted thing. Every time I'd find a merchant, they would refuse to buy it, even though I was only asking for 60% of its value.

Ks_Leon
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
I don't mind those guys that much, because sometimes you just need fast cash or really need to unload something. The ones I really hate are the guys who won't buy good items even at a low price. I was trying to sell my Rift set last week, and I swear I spent an hour running around trying to find anyone who would buy the blasted thing. Every time I'd find a merchant, they would refuse to buy it, even though I was only asking for 60% of its value.

well u need find some high level folks because they will buy u set...:)

wammm
04-20-2013, 09:57 PM
:P wammm taught me how to merch I learned new ways to negotiate by pawn stars it's actually a pretty good show.

My pleasure mate

jerzy448
04-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Wish I had this problem and could relate to what you were talking about. I can't merch to save my life.

Whirlzap
04-21-2013, 05:16 PM
My pleasure mate
I see you've made a pretty nice merching empire in the past six months.
Your sig is pretty good by the way.

Zeus
04-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Merching has only gotten easier as Pocket Legends has gotten older.

I remember making a 20m profit on glyph 56. What a piece of cake.

As items get more expensive, the easier they are to merch.

Zeus
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Merching in AOII was bomb, along with AOIII.

I remember when I didn't get my first pink till way late into AOII because pinks would just not drop for me! When it did drop though, oh boy was it worth it.

I merched most of my 4m in AOII. Back in those days, 4m was a LOT! It's probably the equivalent to 40m these days.

Terententen
04-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm glad you get to make the merching rules. I'll tell you, I hate "merching" and do not call myself a merch by any means but I also don't enjoy putting stuff up in CS and getting undercut by $1 within with 5 minutes. So instead of wasting the CS fee, I try to sell bigger ticket items outside of CS. I ask for an offer... I always get someone undercutting CS price by like 30-40%. Now if I'm trying to sell something for simply 10% under CS price, I can't exactly reply to you inflating my asking price 20-30% over CS price just so we can meet in the middle. That just makes no sense. So instead I ignore your insulting offer or just say no thank you. Heck, usually when I immediately quote a 10% discount, most folks instantly hit me back with "That's CS price", like I've offended them. As long as I have the merchandise and am not desperate for money, I can sell at my price in any manner I see fit. I don't apologize for wanting to make the extra money you were hoping to get by flipping my item.

Wendellism
04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Get used to it.

Merching means having to socialize with everyone, including people you might not want to meet. As a trading party, they have the rights to ignore your offer if it's too high/low or uninterested. Be glad sometimes you get a polite "no thanks" rather than a rude feedback to your merching.

It also means having to deal with rival merchants that will try to annoy/troll you in town just to get their business up instead of switching towns. If I were you Troncaat, I would simply ignore the person and drop my discount off facade by a bit. Continue dropping if he persist, until he gave up as he wouldn't make a good profit that way; just don't drop way too much for you yourself to have close to no profit for your competition.