PDA

View Full Version : Fire Bug Elixir does NOT work

Montanabro
04-20-2013, 03:22 AM
just a heads-up so folks don't waste their platinum: Fire Bug does not work on the ice patches during the Frostbite boss fight.

xcainnblecterx
04-20-2013, 03:41 AM
wait a elixer to not hit ice and freeze on boss? Smh sts thats low. Thanks for the heads up though

Bebsi
04-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Yep, that's true.
It works all the way, but during the fight with frostbite it doesn't.
Maybe it's not ice what the boss spits ;)

Well, but u can still use this elixir for wt4 xD

chitgoks
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
what does firebug do? and how long will it last?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't believe that the Firefly Elixir is designed to mitigate the spider boss frost patches. That would likely mitigate too much of that bosses intended difficulty.

The intent with the Firefly elixir is to give you a cool sparkly and to not have to worry about dodging the occasional frost patch found in the Battle of Nordr areas.

Montanabro
04-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't believe that the Firefly Elixir is designed to mitigate the spider boss frost patches. That would likely mitigate too much of that bosses intended difficulty.

The intent with the Firefly elixir is to give you a cool sparkly and to not have to worry about dodging the occasional frost patch found in the Battle of Nordr areas.

Thanks for replying, Samhayne. I understand there may be good reasons for why the Fire Bug doesn't work in Frosbite's boss zone. The issue though is that there is zero indication that the Fire Bug will not work during this boss fight and, in fact, there is every indication that it will work:

Fire Bug mitigates frost patches during other boss fights
Fire Bug mitigates frost patches in every other zone (as far as I'm aware)
the frost patches during Frostbite look identical to the other frost patches that are mitigated by Fire Bug
the description of the Fire Bug does not indiate that it works in only some locations

Something to consider. Thanks again.

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, it certainly could use some clarification in-game.

Madstar
04-22-2013, 08:44 AM
and this elixir also uses in town. bought it, was standing in kraag merching and boom it was finished. awesome 15 plats in bin. idc of 15 plats but fix this. make this elixir not use while in town KTHXBAI

Techno Email
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
and this elixir also uses in town. bought it, was standing in kraag merching and boom it was finished. awesome 15 plats in bin. idc of 15 plats but fix this. make this elixir not use while in town KTHXBAI

This is incorrect. You may observe that the elixir is not ticking down by visiting your "Avatar" page, and clicking on "Elixirs". I currently have the Fire Bug while in town and it is not ticking down.

Madstar
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
This is incorrect. You may observe that the elixir is not ticking down by visiting your "Avatar" page, and clicking on "Elixirs". I currently have the Fire Bug while in town and it is not ticking down.

mate it aint incorrect. i am not a liar. its not ticking in town. But lets say your in kraag and its at 55m u stay in kraag for a bit and go to travel outpost and boom it'll be at 45m. it DOES use but u dont see it tick. i wasnt high nor drunk and i know what im talking about ty.

Techno Email
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks for replying, Samhayne. I understand there may be good reasons for why the Fire Bug doesn't work in Frosbite's boss zone. The issue though is that there is zero indication that the Fire Bug will not work during this boss fight and, in fact, there is every indication that it will work:

Fire Bug mitigates frost patches during other boss fights
Fire Bug mitigates frost patches in every other zone (as far as I'm aware)
the frost patches during Frostbite look identical to the other frost patches that are mitigated by Fire Bug
the description of the Fire Bug does not indiate that it works in only some locations

Something to consider. Thanks again.

Hi guys! We agree that the messaging is not clear in the current state so we're looking into making it so the Fire Bug will also make you immune to Frostbite's ice patches. :bee: We'll let you know when we have come to a decision on this. Thanks for the feedback!

Montanabro
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi guys! We agree that the messaging is not clear in the current state so we're looking into making it so the Fire Bug will also make you immune to Frostbite's ice patches. :bee: We'll let you know when we have come to a decision on this. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, Techno.

Also, I believe I had a similar experience as madstar did. One minute I had the Fire Bug on in town and a few minutes later it had disappeared even though I hadn't left town.

Samhayne
04-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey guys,

After further investigation the team discovered a bug that was causing the Fire Bug elixir to count down while in town. It was strange because the timer was not advancing. You needed to move from one town to another and check the timer to see it. A fix for this issue will be patched out shortly.

Thanks very much for taking the time to report the issue to us. On behalf of Technoemail and the dev team, our apologies for the unintended bug. We're looking at refunding Fire bug elixirs.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Slashiroth
04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Getting developers to admit fault and actually make them apologize is something to respect, good job!