PDA

View Full Version : Seriously????

Bullox
04-20-2013, 05:57 AM
We have to pay 15 Platinum that we dont get frosted?

Crystal Caverns are nearly unplayable because or perma Frost.....

The Bosses are onehitters At normal mode, what are they doing At elite? Hard hitting till ur Handy or Tablet explodes?

Sry but u are really killing the Game....how should i motivate the Rest of my Guild, because about 40% stopped playing this Game and im sure, if u let the Game like it is, the next players will leave!

I have a idea for next update: Players have to pay 15 platinum for 1 hour login and 1 Platinum for Every skill they use......

chitgoks
04-20-2013, 06:29 AM
wow really? is the 15 plat a one time thing?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Limsi
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Haven't seen this. I'll check once I get back from vacation!

Cremated
04-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Jesus.. Now they have drooped low...

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Hi Bullox,

The addition of the Firefly elixir was a something the team put in just this week. The entire campaign was designed without it in mind. You can dodge the frost, just as you can maneuver around Red Boss hit cones. Really, the Firefly is more of a vanity thing, in that you also show off the golden sparkly that swirls around you.

If you really feel you need it, I would say get better at positioning your character.

The content is also built with end game characters and gear in mind. Level up and gear up and get to know the boss strategies. If you are rushing to the end and expecting the NPCs to just fall over and shower Mythics on you, we'll I am sorry, they won't.

The Firefly elixir is a premium, optional convenience and vanity addition. You can play to the end of the game and obtain the very best gear without it. Something from another post that might fit in here:

As for your perception that Spacetime Studios is too worried about Platinum, please keep in mind that without users who open their wallets and support us with Platinum, there wouldn't be a free game like Arcane Legends. Just like you or your parents wouldn't go in to your job without receiving a salary, we can't operate our games without users who are willing to patron optional premium offers. We strive to keep optional premium offerings as just that - optional. If you have the free time to devote to it, you can play all the way to the end of Arcane Legends and amass the best gear without ever spending any Platinum. Many players choose to do just that. Those players who do opt to purchase Platinum in turn make this game available for everyone else to play for free. If anything, we should all thank them!

I hope that helps to address your concerns.

Wowsome
04-20-2013, 06:52 AM
where is that option btw?

Cremated
04-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Does someone mind posting a picture what the Firefly exlixr looks like on a character?

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Does someone mind posting a picture what the Firefly exlixr looks like on a character?

If you do the torch quest in Jurn Wood, it is the same as the sparkly that you have while you are lighting the torches.

Once you complete that torch quest a vendor in Stronghold will talk to you and give you the option of obtaining the Firefly elixir.

Wowsome
04-20-2013, 06:59 AM
got it, it is the watchman near the lbs in stronghold.

[EDIT] and it lasts 1 hr. immunity to ice, +70 armor, +10 str.

xcainnblecterx
04-20-2013, 07:01 AM
I know you need people buying plats to support the games sam but you got 4 legends games: pl is full of elixer junkies and you got people in al spending thousands (literally) of dollars for a single pet in a gamble crate(dont know what else in other games is being bought). Now you add a elixer that prevents freezing on a boss? Imagine non plat people in elite trying concentrate on the red zones while not being attacked and trying not to hit ice to be frozen for a excessive amount of time. Yes it seems you guys are getting very plat based

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Yes, but the point is that it is optional.

I have played without it and the content is doable without. So can you please give it a bit of time before you rage quit? Thanks!

Cremated
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
If you do the torch quest in Jurn Wood, it is the same as the sparkly that you have while you are lighting the torches.

Once you complete that torch quest a vendor in Stronghold will talk to you and give you the option of obtaining the Firefly elixir.

I'm sure it is there! but im asking if anyone can take a picture because im level 7 Atm :P

xcainnblecterx
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Im not rage quitting i appreciate the effort you guys put into this and the campaign is great but its little things that bug people and can ruin fun. Just saying its getting a little excessive. Anyways thanks for a great campaign

Bullox
04-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Hey Sam, i know u need people which buy Platinum and i have no Problem with it.... I bought 2594 Platinum till now....

Lets talk about Crystal Caverns... how should we find a good Position there? During the fight there is too much Frost and no Place to move...
I know how to walk out of red zones, but the Boss have higher range than red zones....
and he make random onehit damage whithout red zones...

With our equip no Boss should be able to deal more than about 1,5k damage with one hit!!!!

At other games u have something like a Aggro Meter, if u are stupid there and make more than the tank, ur maybe dead...but u have the ability to control that!

Here we have nothing, we have a map in which our tank get perma frosted and we stupid, blind Damage Dealers get Aggro and then the onehit....and again....and again.....and again...
After 10 deaths we use Platinum for resurrect and what happen? Yep, we stay in Frost can do nothing and wait for the next onehit....

And Sam we talk about normal map, not Elite!!!!!!

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 07:18 AM
No worries. My rage quit comment was directed at Bullox. Thanks!

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Bullox, the Firefly elixir doesn't mitigate the patches that the spider puts out, by design.

Part of the challenge of new content is figuring out boss strategies. Try developing a strategy for moving the boss.

It might be that it puts out too many on normal mode, but we will have to see how it plays out and look at user play data after the weekend to smooth out the rough patches.

Bullox
04-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Oh, OK i thought the Elixier is for the Spider patches, then i'm really sorry for my mistake Sam.
If I wouldn't like ur Game i wouldn't care about it.....i would only quit...

THX for really fast reply Sam.

Evilgoat
04-20-2013, 04:47 PM
I've already quit...the expansion doesn't even impress me

Taxxor
04-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I've already quit...the expansion doesn't even impress me

If you have already quit, then shut up. Why bother talking here? Meh some people.

Rothschild
04-20-2013, 10:41 PM
I think evilgoat has a right to express his reason for quitting in hopes that it will help show WHY he is quitting and maybe it will help it for us. It's a joke right now! I have a descent tank setup and have to use a butt load of health pots on all boss mobs. not a prob. but the drops are unreal for the timesink..I just rerolled for a epic after a 20min fight with the wolf. the other guy got a green lol. At least reward us with a lil bit of love.. 10 bosses in new exp. downed and 1 epic is the best I have gotten....THE BEST... the rest has been white or green LMFAO! and what is up with Haunts taking 4 mins to clear now and having to use pots there also!?!?!

Zuzeq
04-20-2013, 10:48 PM
I for one apreciate the added difficulty of the "Frreze" factor and the hit hitting bosses. I have "Soloed" the new bosses and yes they are frustrating as heck. Though I like to consider myself a "pro", one should expect STS to kick things up even if one considers themselves as such. In plan English, always level before exoloring new content...especially when devs openly suggest it. I promise you if you go into any new content at lvl 29+ you should be able to hold your own. If not, you should travel with a proper party (ign: Zuzeq...hint hint).

Rothschild
04-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Let me guess you solo'd em in 15 mins or less too?

sc0tt nai1z
04-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi Bullox,

The addition of the Firefly elixir was a something the team put in just this week. The entire campaign was designed without it in mind. You can dodge the frost, just as you can maneuver around Red Boss hit cones. Really, the Firefly is more of a vanity thing, in that you also show off the golden sparkly that swirls around you.

If you really feel you need it, I would say get better at positioning your character.

The content is also built with end game characters and gear in mind. Level up and gear up and get to know the boss strategies. If you are rushing to the end and expecting the NPCs to just fall over and shower Mythics on you, we'll I am sorry, they won't.

The Firefly elixir is a premium, optional convenience and vanity addition. You can play to the end of the game and obtain the very best gear without it. Something from another post that might fit in here:

I buy A LOT of platinum between me and my girlfriend. So you're all welcome ;)

sc0tt nai1z
04-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm sure it is there! but im asking if anyone can take a picture because im level 7 Atm :P

There you go Cremated :)

Elner
04-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah I like the fire bug elixir but could you guys, sts add a daily quest from the watchman that gives you the firebug after you finish the quest? That would be much more helpful

ShadowGunX
04-21-2013, 12:02 AM
i like the new content coz this time when i fight bossses i feel like actually fighting a boss.
guys boss is wat boss do. u need sme strategy.
"no pain no gain"
now stop making rant.

Elner
04-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Still wish they give you a daily quest to get firebug elixir for 15 minutes maybe

TyrionLannister
04-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Honestly I'm already getting bored with this repetitive game, despite that certain typically addictive gameplay elements in the game keep me playing here and there. As a mage I die a lot, and I refuse to burn plats on reviving, while this frostbite spider one hit kills me when I stand BEHIND him, outside of the red cone. Also maybe it's just me, but avoiding that cone is hard by itself, unless maybe you have a speed elixir to run out of range on time.

Taking strolls through these levels in nordr over and over again and taking more than an hour to kill these bosses is frankly mind-numbing and soul-draining (while hoping I don't get one shotted at the very end). Maybe it'll help if I level up as I'm level 26, but also that is a boring grind. I'd recommend the Monster Hunter series for it's engaging boss battles, though it's not an MMORPG.

eugene9707
04-21-2013, 12:54 AM

Just found out there's such thing...

but... is there a way to destroy the ice patches in elite ? its possible during the normal mods .... or maybe that's part of the challenge ?

chitgoks
04-21-2013, 02:04 AM
i like the new content coz this time when i fight bossses i feel like actually fighting a boss.
guys boss is wat boss do. u need sme strategy.
"no pain no gain"
now stop making rant.

you have a point. elite mode i can understand. but normal maps? nope.

still its sts decision. i figure the freezing feature is an added way for them to make money and purposely put there to frustrate players and eventually have them get the firebug elixir

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jellowpy
04-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Wow come on Sam dont do this for this game 15plat to not be frozen dont do things like this, you know very well that you are aiming for those leaderboards junkies on this one, i for one have my name on 20-40 time runs in LB.. Dont do something like this sam it just ruins the essence of game .. Let us be competetive and fight over leaderboard w/o things like this .. Having extra damage extra speed extra def is enough dont put things like this this is just cheeky .. Come on man

Cremated
04-21-2013, 05:11 AM

There you go Cremated :)

Is it permanent vanity?

sc0tt nai1z
04-21-2013, 06:05 AM
No it's just a light that goes around you. It lasts 1 hour

Zuzeq
04-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Heck no...lol. I died like 10 times against the Wolf and even more against that stupid Spider...lol. With every death you learn something though. Then you "groove" into a strategy, once you get that hint of swag about you(confidence) it shall fall:)

Darko
04-21-2013, 04:00 PM
i dont see the issues you guys are having, i have 7 chest drops since expansion, three of them gold. If you have ever played any sts game, you might have to kill miner 30 times to get the elite drop he had.. You might have to run through dark caverns and kill the queen like 20 times to get the dark gear (and those bosses were WAY harder than elite) you might get lucky and get it on your first try... also are you using luck elixer?? try it out, it helps.... The reason its taking you guys so long is YOUR GEAR!! I dont know how else to stress that... your not going to stroll in with average 26 gear and blast through the levels... I have lvl 30 armor, lvl 31 weapon, mythic helm, and i can easily kill any elite level in 15-25 mins. (have not done crystal caverns elite yet) I think there is also a reason they didnt put achievement for crystal caverns elite as it would be pretty hard.. as far as hauntlet.. one person has done it by themselves in 2 mins, a group shouldnt take 4. Im glad they made it harder , too many people are getting very easy pve kills. I killed the final boss with me another tank and one rouge... just a three man team on elite without the much needed dps, and we still got it done....AS they mentioned above there is strategy to every boss.. (try pulling alpha to the bridge **hint hint***) , dont kill pigs in maneater, he does it for you... etc... talk to your guildies and figure out strategy.... ( this is so simlar to lvl 31 cap in sl, with the director, everybody complained how long it took to kill him), the thing was you had to jump on the portals and disable him to wound him... it wasnt just hack and slash... minor would one hit you every time... lol you had to NOT HIT him and let him blow himself up... lol Lastly please dont complain about how long it takes to cap... sts is being very generous, i think its CAKE to cap in AL. we hve tombs, hauntlet, mines etc. IN every other game, we didnt have that luxury, you had to level up in the level, imagine trying to level up with crap gear in a level thats made for end game gear?? i lvld in 2 days to 31... lvl 31 in star legends sloucho campaihn took damn near 1-2 months (im not exagerating) imagine 26000k, but you only get 25k in one level(think it was a total of 150xp for whole campaign start to finish...)

Uzii
04-21-2013, 05:16 PM
i dont see the issues you guys are having, i have 7 chest drops since expansion, three of them gold. If you have ever played any sts game, you might have to kill miner 30 times to get the elite drop he had.. You might have to run through dark caverns and kill the queen like 20 times to get the dark gear (and those bosses were WAY harder than elite) you might get lucky and get it on your first try... also are you using luck elixer?? try it out, it helps.... The reason its taking you guys so long is YOUR GEAR!! I dont know how else to stress that... your not going to stroll in with average 26 gear and blast through the levels... I have lvl 30 armor, lvl 31 weapon, mythic helm, and i can easily kill any elite level in 15-25 mins. (have not done crystal caverns elite yet) I think there is also a reason they didnt put achievement for crystal caverns elite as it would be pretty hard.. as far as hauntlet.. one person has done it by themselves in 2 mins, a group shouldnt take 4. Im glad they made it harder , too many people are getting very easy pve kills. I killed the final boss with me another tank and one rouge... just a three man team on elite without the much needed dps, and we still got it done....AS they mentioned above there is strategy to every boss.. (try pulling alpha to the bridge **hint hint***) , dont kill pigs in maneater, he does it for you... etc... talk to your guildies and figure out strategy.... ( this is so simlar to lvl 31 cap in sl, with the director, everybody complained how long it took to kill him), the thing was you had to jump on the portals and disable him to wound him... it wasnt just hack and slash... minor would one hit you every time... lol you had to NOT HIT him and let him blow himself up... lol Lastly please dont complain about how long it takes to cap... sts is being very generous, i think its CAKE to cap in AL. we hve tombs, hauntlet, mines etc. IN every other game, we didnt have that luxury, you had to level up in the level, imagine trying to level up with crap gear in a level thats made for end game gear?? i lvld in 2 days to 31... lvl 31 in star legends sloucho campaihn took damn near 1-2 months (im not exagerating) imagine 26000k, but you only get 25k in one level(think it was a total of 150xp for whole campaign start to finish...)

in sl was it different there was new maps to lvl up with every campain and u droped gear which was actualy better in stats then what u were wearing. so it wasnt so hard then. in al gear u drop is not better. u need to buy one from cs or drop from crates.

agree that lvling in al is much easier and faster.
i would like to for a change run a campain map to gain xp as running tombs for the 3rd season in row is ... ugh. and who will run those maps more then once? very few ppl. they just will farm elite.

i dont know in which post but sam mentioned that they want conntent to be actualy played. but this way?

i like that they added strategy to fight but even when u figure it still gives u hard time to beat a boss. on that spider in normal map i felt like fighting elite mother at lvl 16 cap.

Naoavi
04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
I had to register to comment on this. I know some hate it, but I looooove shadow piercer, but it's almost useless in Nordr. You have almost no way to avoid ice if you use SP. It basically robs rogues of one of their biggest hitting skills. Can't we have it so that shadow doesn't get iced? Ok, so maybe you don't want rogues just freely skating over ice - how about you only get iced if you *don't* make a hit, to prevent free navigation? Or failing that, how about you don't get iced *after* the first hit? Playing rogue is no fun without shadow for me, it's the main reason I love playing rogue.

Edit: I just ran some tests and it seems a bit random - sometimes you get iced, sometimes not, but I assume the intention is to ice you.

Darko
04-23-2013, 10:36 AM
I can't skyward smash over ice either I get stopped in mid air lmao.. very lame