PDA

View Full Version : New content is hard

Samhayne
04-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

People need to get to know how the zones play and the Boss strategies.

So yes, it will not be on farm mode yet. Please give it some time, thanks!

Cremated
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
That was helpful Thanks.

Wowsome
04-20-2013, 07:11 AM
thank you! working on it.

Greencrow
04-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Actually, I'm still level 28 and still didn't reach those places. I'm only in Stronghold town but didn't continue those next places. Why? Because I know I'll be killed easily bcoz of my level 26 gears and stats I need to level 31 first before entering those dungeons. Think first. ^_^

Rare
04-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Actually, I'm still level 28 and still didn't reach those places. I'm only in Stronghold town but didn't continue those next places. Why? Because I know I'll be killed easily bcoz of my level 26 gears and stats I need to level 31 first before entering those dungeons. Think first. ^_^

I didn't have any problems with l26 gear. Sure I died a couple times at the boss. But you need to figure out how to kill them. It's not just brute force button mashing.

I am not looking forward to killing them in elite though.

Zanpakuto
04-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Normal mode felt like my best gears at 26 were junk. Leveled a bit and bought some better gear and still got roughed up and used many potions. I think I'll just level cap and casually play them! Not looking forward to getting swarmed by snaggletooths in elite.

I really miss the level 21 days of rushing rooks nest elite and taking down the boss in seconds :(

Cremated
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Lmao there is snaggletooths? I guess you are right since there were Wrathjaws.

Valsacar
04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Can't say I agree, when KI came out I walked (solo) through normal mode (at lvl 21, with lvl 21 gear). Now I'm lvl 31, with some 31 gear (just crate stuff) and getting my arse handed to me.

TourneAsunder
04-20-2013, 01:31 PM
(or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

Ah, I see...you just need to be cap with the new elite gears to do the NORMAL modes now!

Doesn't that sound just a tad bit idiotic? Informing individuals that they should lvl up- in order to play the content that does the lvl'ing...is odd to say the least.

It's not ELITES- these are the NORMAL maps 1 shotting from 10 meters beyond the red markers etc....

Why expect us to have the lvl 31 elite boss gear in order to lvl 27-30?

Tombs, tombs, tombs...then hauntlet to cap every expansion. Waiting 40min to find a couple peeps to join expansion maps 5 days after release is going to be the norm from now on. Check your metrics and notice a trend...why add content that you want peeps to avoid?

razerfingers
04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Proo haha i casually level to 30 in wt4 im getting my butt handed to me in those mobs as a lvl 22 almost 23 lmao. Rediculous! I want to somehow save up to get a mythic set for warrior and that dope hammer. Or buy the bundle for $20 again aha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Yakiniku
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
I'll save judgement until I can get better gear at 30. I remember having to get to 25 before I could finish normal Cove without using an absurd amount of potions.

Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift. Things got a little better after that. I think once the general playerbase learns the patterns, these bosses will be easy enough. At least on normal mode anyway haha.

Rare
04-20-2013, 01:54 PM
I'll save judgement until I can get better gear at 30. I remember having to get to 25 before I could finish normal Cove without using an absurd amount of potions.

Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift. Things got a little better after that. I think once the general playerbase learns the patterns, these bosses will be easy enough. At least on normal mode anyway haha.

The bosses aren't THAT hard. Maybe a little rough for normal mode. The big problem is their red cone . It's bugged. Standing completely outside of the cones and I still get one shotted

Vesan
04-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

On normal mode, every boss is harder than any elite boss I've come up against. And grimnr, well that boss takes a lot longer than 30 minutes just after you get to his last head. His health drops 1% every 10 minutes and then goes back up 2% after it drops. So either it's bugged or you've made it impossible.

katish
04-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Yesterday I learned how to watch for Alpha Wolf's reflect and kill Frostir's ice/heal patches with Time Shift.

I had fun learning about the reflecting shield I was getting wooped beucase it came up while clock with DoT was on.. now that was fun!

Yakiniku
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
The bosses aren't THAT hard. Maybe a little rough for normal mode. The big problem is their red cone . It's bugged. Standing completely outside of the cones and I still get one shotted

You probably have good players around you. Plus, I remember you from KoI. You're a good player yourself.

I run with randoms a lot. Very few think about strategy in randoms lol. Most want faceroll and win, while wearing terrible gear I might add. But randoms are still fun because you meet cool people. So I continue to do it. No big deal to me honestly.

+1 on the bugged red zones. I was getting one shotted while standing clearly out if Frostir's aoe freeze skill range.

Lalarie
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM
On normal mode, every boss is harder than any elite boss I've come up against. And grimnr, well that boss takes a lot longer than 30 minutes just after you get to his last head. His health drops 1% every 10 minutes and then goes back up 2% after it drops. So either it's bugged or you've made it impossible.

Me and another 2 friends beat him, 1 hour or so, maybe less or more

TourneAsunder
04-20-2013, 02:05 PM

That is my concern as well...at 53 ping I didn't expect to be hit so far outside of a red that I never was in range of at any point of the fight. Something is amiss with the cone not displaying the correct area or attack radius.

Rare
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
You probably have good players around you. Plus, I remember you from KoI. You're a good player yourself.

I run with randoms a lot. Very few think about strategy in randoms lol. Most want faceroll and win, while wearing terrible gear I might add. But randoms are still fun because you meet cool people. So I continue to do it. No big deal to me honestly.

+1 on the bugged red zones. I was getting one shotted while standing clearly out if Frostir's aoe freeze skill range.

Oh... With pugs it would be near impossible. Even hauntlet is unbearable with pugs. Barely bearable with a good party.

Speaking of hauntlet, I know Sam mentioned before it was the same last season. It wasn't. I leveled both my warrior and sorcerer solely in hauntlet. Only in the very worst pug did it ever take over a minute to get through the first zone. On average, it took about 1:30 to clear the first two zones. And I'm talking level 21-25 with l21 gear.

Yakiniku
04-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Hauntlet is pretty ridiculous now. Last time I was there, a well balanced and well geared group of 26s finished in barely under 3:30. For a minute there, I thought we weren't going to get the token. :D

Ah well. Back to WT4. I'm a product of the older MMO generation, so I don't really mind the difficulty too much honestly.

The-Sandman
04-20-2013, 02:55 PM
They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...

Jcyee
04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Just try not to run bosses with PUGs. If you want to run a certain map in a decent time with lvl 25/26, you should make a party; you will see a big difference

Rothschild
04-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I played Everquest for a few years back in the day and these bosses feel like I am on a raid. Thats fine except that if I am going to blow an hour fighting a boss mob I think asking for a lil better loot isn't to much to ask for. I have yet to receive anything better than trash loot from ANYTHING in this new exp. For that matter I have only got 1 golden pirate chest from all my elite runs. This game is totally a buy plat to get rewards kind of game. If you don't have a reroll elixer...no chance. Blew through 1000 heath and prolly 150 mana pots to finish new exp. I paid 50$ for the plat offer when you 1st start, Thats ok but it feels like I need to keep spending to keep playing. I mean 8 plat so for an hr I don't get stuck on ice, 15 plat to open the crates that drop with really good gear but oh ya might not be for you!? 2plat right before boss drops so my green can be rerolled to a purple....naaa just a lil to much for me. STS you need to give a bit more and not take so much, you're getting to be like politicians and taxes.

Rare
04-20-2013, 05:25 PM
They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...

Oh.. but what we were told is that we have to get higher level and gear up to play the new normal maps. Maybe I misunderstood

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
agree

Rare
04-20-2013, 05:38 PM
agree

Seem to be some conflicting arguments here. :D

HxC
04-20-2013, 06:09 PM
It truly isnt that hard, I (at level 25) Beat grimnr before they added the patch lowering armor
You just need to find a solid tank that can hold his own and when the boss uses AoE attacks, can use the shield from horn of renew to protect his teammates. Its all a matter of strategy. If you spam aimed shot you can make a fairly large dent with all of the other attacks. The only difference is that this requires thought process, not just bum-rushing bosses and killing them in 2-3 minutes.

wvhills
04-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I waited I til I leveled up and bought level 30 gear before making this comment. I can't speak for everyone but I myself don't think the new content is very fun. I have 1020 armor and still get one shotted at the spider boss when I'm not even standing in the red zone. I also don't think constantly spamming pots is fun (especially when they cost so much gold). My damage is up to 230 with 520 aimed shot and it takes 15 minutes to beat a boss while using 75 mana pots. I wouldn't complain if getting killed didnt require me to spend plat or run all the way back to the boss. Most of the time while I'm running the rest of the group wipes so it takes even longer to do a run. I'm not even talking about elite mode, I'm talking about the regular maps. I thought this was a casual mmo? Im sure some will tell me I'm a noob or I'm a whinner (Sam may even accuse me of over generalizing) but the bottom line is I have played this game to have fun and I'm not having fun. It's nothing but frustrating to constantly spam pots and take so long to do one single run in a game that's designed to be casual. Someone send please send me a pm here on forums when the bosses get nerfed.

Chaim Nail
04-20-2013, 08:11 PM
That is my concern as well...at 53 ping I didn't expect to be hit so far outside of a red that I never was in range of at any point of the fight. Something is amiss with the cone not displaying the correct area or attack radius.

This poses a question:

Does having higher ping times affect gameplay in critical situations such as fighting the apparently depleted uranium armoured bosses now in play?

Despite now having an 80mbit connection at home I haven't seen a ping time below 108 (seems to average around 200) due to the data having to cross an ocean.

Mshemmo
04-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Cmon its not that hard ,it was hard when they were haywire,i run all the new maps with lvl26 gear and only annoying/hard was that frostir(dunno if that right) but thats becouse it one shotted me beond the red markers (some times it was so far that i didnt even see it..) But that was before the server reset so i hope its not like that anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Asireuz
04-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Obviously enemies have zero ping in PvE, so every millisecond of ping is going to make it harder for you. You have to anticipate more, hit pots before you actually see yourself take damage etc. If your ping is high enough, you get killed without a chance, as lag spikes in wt4 can demonstrate.

This is a big problem with Alpha Wolf, I can't guess when he will reflect, but my finger is already on an attack most of the time it happens. What makes it harder, is that playing without sound, with everything going on, you can't tell when it happens even with (theoretical) zero ping. It doesn't look like the game gets play tested with realistic ping or with sound off at the moment! I am a sorcerer, and almost every attack I do will kill me. I'm not going to stand next to that boss just to see when he goes into reflect mode, I am not supposed to be in melee range of an enemy.

The red zone problem has been mentioned enough, I hope that gets fixed. The last boss has a quick couple of attacks that's very annoying, when he first pulls from long range and freezes you, then does his big 1 hit attack while you can't move. Okay, maybe there is some trick to that which I don't know yet.

Finally I agree with everyone who says this isn't just like last time around (hauntlet especially), and I don't see end game armour for sorcerers making the difference when warriors get killed in 1 hit already. Our armour in good level 31 intelligence equipment still looks to be lower than it was for rogues at level 26. Are we even expected to stay alive?

Eggcelent
04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
The bosses need tweaking. It's not fun getting OHK'd when you have over 1100 armor and 4000 health.

Zeus
04-20-2013, 09:56 PM
For a second, I thought you were supporting the complainers just by reading the thread title! LOL

chitgoks
04-21-2013, 04:15 AM
lol guess people really have to read the forums in order to get confirmation.

was frustrated with how easy i get 1 hit ko

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Chaim Nail
04-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I am still angry at STS for screwing with the dynamics of the whole game by buffing all the old bosses - they could have given us a heads up BEFORE the change FFS, not mention it after we start complaining about things not being quite right.

I never had any aspirations to complete the elite levels because they're meant for those who have spent a lot of money and/or time acquiring the very top weapons/armour etc. to be able to defeat the elite bosses, but with the new bosses being as strong as elite bosses that's just not on IMHO as it doesn't give the average casual gamer a fighting chance.

This game is not as fun for me anymore.

Effervesce
04-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Content was fine when I went through it day one with warrior in just OK armor. Some challenge and thought, tactical approach, had fun. Then I tried it on my rogue and Sorceror who have better armor and weapons - death on a stick.

I'm all for challenge, but if I revive invulnerable for 5 plat, I should not be killed instantly by the spider camping my corpse again and again. The range of my skills is upgraded to max yet the spiders red range is further and he can pull me in from beyond his red range. Yes, I completed all content on those two but it was zero fun. It's warrior content.

Mshemmo
04-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Finaly got myself to lvl31 and did few elite runs and the mobs seemed faster to kill than on old elites?bosses still did some one shot kills but too much.

Effervesce
04-21-2013, 05:04 PM
It has been a weekend of playing with luck elixer running in new zones. My pockets are full of smelly helms and non stick robes, a couple rerolls triggered mostly to more nonstick robes and other greens. Did get a couple chests, filled with greens and basic purples.
I have gold, but there are no upgrades to what I'm wearing at my level in auction. Yet.. Devs expect me to gear and level before My mage and rogue can enjoy new content as much as my warrior already does?
My warrior is the least geared up of my 3 and sails through those zones at 26. Mage and rogue just spend most time running back in and hoping warriors dont kill boss before getting back. Or spending plat.
My warrior playing in all warrior group has been fastest trip through all zones, and that is fun - but this is unbalanced. I want to level up all 3 classes and do not think being told to grind in level 15 dungeons so that I can do it is a great answer.

Zanpakuto
04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Okay leveled up to 30, blew all my money on a mythic hem and best armor, went in to kill the last boss in normal mode and my whole team keeps dying, i blew through a few thousand worth of potions. I don't forsee the average mobile gamer to ever play elite mode at this rate. It's not even fun when it's this hard anymore.

Psyche
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
IMO the total run time for any non-elite map should be in the 5-10 minute range, including the boss, assuming the party moves at a good pace and doesn't die a lot. I don't mind difficulty and bosses that can one-shot kill as long as there's a sound strategy for beating them, like Gurgox and Vlod in PL, but if people are regularly spending 15 min or more just on the boss, that's too much for a non-elite map I think.

Lady_Pebbles
04-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Gear up... K.. Lets see....

New gear drops at new maps right? Besides, the level 26 gear has better stats than most level 30 & 31 gear (pinks) I've seen in the ah lol. Smh. Soooo, technicly we should be able to go through those maps on normal mode easily at 26-31 (easiest at 31 but still a bit of a challenge) with the level 26 gear & maybe even elite (if thqts the case).... Problem is, we got bosses that one hit kill you even when you're not on the red zones (when you're not lagging).

Also, I love a challenge, but this is turning a challenge into a nuisance. We're supposed to be having fun, not having a part time job completeing these maps on a "casual mobile mmo" without getting paid in the process lol.

#just sayin'
#hrs_spent_on_1_map=boring,wageless,job

EDIT: I did all the new normal maps on my Mage at level 26. Did them again at 30. Its slightly easier but still get one hit killed despite switching to full hp gear of having 2.6k to 2.7k hp (around there with malison, orion, and ribbit). The gear also raises armor but idk how much it was. Also tried with a combination of dmg and hp gear (all with various pets again). Same results.

As for elite maps.. Pfft, I'll give it a shot but if its anything like Kraken on elite taking hrs to finish one map.... Then this is really getting old & annoying.

Pandamoni
04-21-2013, 06:30 PM
If you fix bosses one shotting people when outside of the red zone it will make the game more playable. Hopefully this will be fixed once you guys return to,or row.

Lady_Pebbles
04-21-2013, 06:38 PM
If you fix bosses one shotting people when outside of the red zone it will make the game more playable. Hopefully this will be fixed once you guys return to,or row.
Annnd make the elite maps able to be completed in less than one or two hours. :)

Rekful
04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Just browsing through threads and came across this one. I belive what the devs did with, Im guessing the new endgame content, will make your gameplay experience a LOT more fun!.
Instead of steamrolling through zones with random pugs, you will spend time finding a good compatable group of players with specific roles wiping but learning the strategy until you finally defeat the endgame boss. Whoo hoo!
I think the devs should go as far as adding specific gear for main bosses. For example, nature resis, fire, etc.
Im guesing also the best loot in the game drops from this boss (or bosses) reguarding the difficulty.
Just my 2 cents....Rek DL

Chaim Nail
04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking what they've done to the game, buffing all the bosses has taken away the fun and left frustration in its wake. Furthermore when you defeat a tough boss you'll usually receive the weapon equivalent of "Breadstick of Lunchtime" or "Wet Noodle of Soup" which is only worth liquidating for a few gold, adding insult to injury of your wasted time, potions and elixir if you have some.

I'm not advocating bosses drop good stuff every time as that would impact the market place but the ratio of good to useless items is really skewed, IMHO the game should have been coded so when you defeat a boss for the first time they drop a pink item for you, even if you can't use it there would still be value in the marketplace to help pay for whatever you're after.

If you use a product/service which becomes more difficult/annoying/frustrating to use than the last version then there's a high chance you won't use it as much. I've been buying (and occasionally selling) on eBay for over 13 years and they've screwed around with the interface so badly over the past year or so that I find it's a hinderance to using the service, and as a direct consequence I don't buy as much there because it's hassle trying to find things (they took away the wildcard search for starters) and keep track of it through the terrible design of My eBay.

Keep the game as hard as it now is and I won't be playing as much.

P.S. telling us to "gear up" is a bit like locking your keys in your car, as in we need decent gear to defeat the bosses, but it's the bosses that drop the decent gear...

kiffnshey
04-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah sham need lvl up 31 and get good gear im praying to get loot arcane weapon or amor buying alot plat to open locked, indeed my lucky day came true i got arcane weapon for rogue and i buying mythic hlm for warrior after lvl 31 i will open the locked yahooooo

kiffnshey
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
u are right baby all u wrote here is true ohhh yeahhhhh
I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking what they've done to the game, buffing all the bosses has taken away the fun and left frustration in its wake. Furthermore when you defeat a tough boss you'll usually receive the weapon equivalent of "Breadstick of Lunchtime" or "Wet Noodle of Soup" which is only worth liquidating for a few gold, adding insult to injury of your wasted time, potions and elixir if you have some.

I'm not advocating bosses drop good stuff every time as that would impact the market place but the ratio of good to useless items is really skewed, IMHO the game should have been coded so when you defeat a boss for the first time they drop a pink item for you, even if you can't use it there would still be value in the marketplace to help pay for whatever you're after.

If you use a product/service which becomes more difficult/annoying/frustrating to use than the last version then there's a high chance you won't use it as much. I've been buying (and occasionally selling) on eBay for over 13 years and they've screwed around with the interface so badly over the past year or so that I find it's a hinderance to using the service, and as a direct consequence I don't buy as much there because it's hassle trying to find things (they took away the wildcard search for starters) and keep track of it through the terrible design of My eBay.

P.S. telling us to "gear up" is a bit like locking your keys in your car, as in we need decent gear to defeat the bosses, but it's the bosses that drop the decent gear...

Effervesce
04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Just browsing through threads and came across this one. I belive what the devs did with, Im guessing the new endgame content, will make your gameplay experience a LOT more fun!.
Instead of steamrolling through zones with random pugs, you will spend time finding a good compatable group of players with specific roles wiping but learning the strategy until you finally defeat the endgame boss. Whoo hoo!
I think the devs should go as far as adding specific gear for main bosses. For example, nature resis, fire, etc.
Im guesing also the best loot in the game drops from this boss (or bosses) reguarding the difficulty.

But they didn't build that game. That game would have a more reasonable communication method. There is no reasonable way to communicate strategy in choppy quick sentences on phones and tablets that halt play while you type. The whole rest of the game has been played, for the most part, silently - and now you want to change course to bring back EQ style tactical planning?

After one or two runs through, nobody in my regular hunt groups really wants to repeat the content. We are doing it, but it isn't actually fun and the lack of people leveling up there tells me I'm not alone in that sentiment. Why do Devs thnk everyone is leveling up in WT 4? A fun Nordr would allow the mobs to get harder with group level. If you are going to have a long expensive (potions, revives to prevent reset) time running through these new zone it had better be for some reason... But ther is no loot. I have not seen and have not heard of one single pink drop from Nordr. It is a thankless grim slog. Nice art, but terrible design.

yourshield
04-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone,

People need to gear up.

Some comments:
I think dev needs to acknowledge the glitch with the red zone, either make the red zone visually larger or make the actual attack fall within the red zone.

Yes people need to gear up. Even warriors with 3000 HP and their warrior defense do get one shot. Imagine sorcerers and rogues - will they ever reach 3000 HP and average defenses with awesome gears? Even if they able to reach 3000HP will they survive 1 hit? Yes it is learning zone play and strategies but it wont get you far.

The walking distance from start point to boss is a long walk. A lot of pointless walking with nothing in between. A form of punishment for dying from 1 shot? I spent more time walking between start point to boss than actual game play. Fact.

Platinum coins are great. I only wish spending X number of platinum will guaranteed yield for Y equipment rather than gambling opening lock boxes.

Sorry that I will come off as sounding ungrateful about this free game. Dont get me wrong, it's loads of fun and keep me well entertained. Constructive feedback and comment is what I will aim for.

Mshemmo
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Imo elite is easyer than the normal maps before when they were haywire thats for sure..

Naoavi
04-21-2013, 11:29 PM

Here's the answer to leveling:

They should give leveling rewards for new maps. It would be so easy. Let's say you have to run wt4 40 times to get to 30. Ok, let's make you run the new maps 40 times. What's more, let's make you run *all* the new maps. How? Simply give XP in a decrementing manner - the more you run a new map the less XP it gives (ie, the leveling bonus flattens out), choose the ratios right and people will want to run each new map about 10 times each to get to 30. Perfect**. Same thing for 31 (don't need anything new there, it will just fall out from same mechanics) I would **much** prefer this to 150 runs of wt4 - it's soul-destroying and game-destroying possibly, when there are nice new maps we could be running. I probably won't bother with 31 this time. **One minor detail - if it's too hard to run all the new maps at 26 then the distribution will probably be skewed towards the lower maps, but that's fine and can be balanced with numbers. Actually, it can be even easier that that, simply give points for each new map completion, limited amount per map, have a bit of slack in the numbers and you'll get everyone running all the maps multiple times, which will also help newcomers find parties that don't bail.

As for the difficulty. Well, I ran all the bosses in a random group of *three* with my 26 gear, which is good but not great. One rogue two warriors I think it was (I forget tbh) - we did it easily, no trouble at all. At the end of it, we just said to each other - ***much*** easier than Kraken. And seriously it was. However, my mage is having a hell of a time. I can't find anyone who will even complete a level - they all bail before the end. 10 shots at meneater before I found a group to commit. No luck on alpha yet, no one wants to (or can??) finish it. Clearly I need to find those two guys again.

I do like the higher dollar quests - that's a very good idea and I will probably do more quests on this content. This is another good way to get people to enjoy all the maps if set up right. KI was silly - all the quests were on AMR...

Szangheili
04-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I like the new areas, really awesome and challenging! Made me sine cash too! :D Thx STS ;)

Rare
04-22-2013, 06:13 AM

Great and all, in theory. Not great in practice. There is a reason they made elite maps. For exactly what you said. Normal maps should be more casual. I'm not saying it should be easy... But no boss should be one hitting you.

euromikeym
04-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi everyone,

People need to gear up.

i have to take you to tasks on this hardness. After Kraaken came out I did not notice a substantial difficulty rise in the previous maps. And after I got the Kraaken map expansion I had pretty much well completed every map on it within my first play.

you have totally gone over the balance on this one. To say that is exactly what you have done before in releases is not right. Or otherwise you DEVS are playing a completely different game to us.

Weagledan
04-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Remember, this is new content that will be around for a few months - because you're struggling in the first weekend doesn't mean you're going to struggle all through May and June. IMO, I think this is the best update they've had so far (minus the ice-preventing potion). They've given us a lot of the things that we've been asking for (pink drops from bosses that are not in chests, they're getting close to the 10-15 minute elite runs, etc), and I think it's visually the best expansion.

If you guys think the nordr elites are too hard, go back to the kraken or dead city elites for awhile - you can still make good money off those chests and gear. If you want the end game gear, from the end game elites, yea it's going to be hard or it's going to cost some plat - especially in the first weekend :)

wvhills
04-22-2013, 08:14 AM
the obvious solution is we should buy the 60 min combo elixir and then buy the 15 plat non freeze elixir and just use plat revs when we die. Then new content will be playable.

swexcist
04-22-2013, 03:50 PM

Spot on...also it feels like they have done the maps harder so players will buy more luck elixirs, bcs of the really low drop rates of anything worth mentioning w o em... and when i think about it, even with em :))

FluffNStuff
04-22-2013, 04:00 PM
I just wanted to mention that the Regular Elite Southern Seas boss got a lot stronger. I LOVED that board (got about half my 26,000 elite XP from it) and it was a fun run and gun killer. The boss once in a while would get off a lucky shot and kill me if I wasn't on the ball, but now he is wiping me just as often as the Elite Boss on that level used to. Not sure what is going on, but it is starting to get kinda frustrating, because the experience you get from that level has not increased, the loot you get from that level has not increased, so why has the boss's damage increased?

Pandamoni
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I just wanted to mention that the Regular Elite Southern Seas boss got a lot stronger. I LOVED that board (got about half my 26,000 elite XP from it) and it was a fun run and gun killer. The boss once in a while would get off a lucky shot and kill me if I wasn't on the ball, but now he is wiping me just as often as the Elite Boss on that level used to. Not sure what is going on, but it is starting to get kinda frustrating, because the experience you get from that level has not increased, the loot you get from that level has not increased, so why has the boss's damage increased?

Because the frost has made the bosses more angry (lol). Aka, pot up!

FluffNStuff
04-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Because the frost has made the bosses more angry (lol). Aka, pot up!

Well the frost also seems to have affected my wallet because it is currently frozen shut. Perhaps a thaw is coming ...

Disko
04-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I'll just leave one comment... its unfortunate that the current most effective way to level up (without a serious time and financial investment) is by heading back to the tombs, rather than playing thru the new content.

The Devs have a huge challenge in keeping an extremely wide cross-section of players entertained. So I will keep the faith and hope that these games can continue to evolve in a way that will keep both the hardcore players as well as the pick up and play newbies involved, since that to me is the magic equation that makes these Legends titles unique. :)

Eggcelent
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I have noticed with the shortage of legendary(pink) drops the price of epics(blue) has gone up. I actually got 10k for a lvl30 epic ring in the CS today and have seen some epic gear going for much higher. Maybe this was intentional to tweak the economy? Prior to this, they were basically worthless.

Chaim Nail
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I just logged on to check on the stuff I put in the CS and noticed the extremely recent news update:

* Reduced Grimnr's defense buff in final phase of the fight.
* Elite Kraken Isles now provides appropriate loot.
* Fire bug will now provide immunity to Frostbite's ice patches!
* Grimnr will no longer drop the Noble Helmet.
* Season 3 banners now specify season 3 in the Roman numerals.
* Bosses and minibosses in non-elite versions of the pre-Nordr content have had their stats brought back in range and sshouldn't be so difficult anymore.
* Maneater and Frost Spider bosses should no longer rotate when they perform one of their heavy attacks (the ones with the red warning cones).
* Fire Bug elixir no longer ticks down while in town. Previous purchasers will have their platinum refunded.

I ran a couple of old maps and indeed the bosses are back to normal. Hauntlet is still tough though, I wanted to get the Haunted title one day but that seems impossible now.

Well, thank you very much guys for returning the old bosses back to normal :)

Asireuz
04-24-2013, 11:56 AM
So... Now I am level 31 with pretty good level 31 equipment, and I don't feel any different than when I ran through it at level 27 with level 26 gear. At 26 cap I used to be able to help lower level people in Kraken maps, could stand my ground against Bloodhammer in skull cove most of the time, but now I still need a lot of help myself with Nordr bosses.

I really don't know what kind of smart strategy applies for Frostir and Grimnr, other than "You weaklings stand over there and do nothing for a bit". Grabbing aggro is suicide, even though I am a higher damage class. It's one hit valhalla there, especially once they go berserk (outside their huge red attack zone too, of course). Well, yay for being cannon fodder class, I guess.

Whenever someone asks me for help with Nordr, I will just tell them about this thread, and tell them to find skilled tanks or forget about it. AL must be filled with good warriors willing to assist newer players, if your "new content is hard" philosophy is to make any sense. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who levels to 23 with epic gear just quits in disappointment after trying Nordr. I wish you would explain how you play test these things, if you really do at all.

Temarichan
04-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Oh really? It doesn't seem THAT hard. Only the bosses do. It's easy for me :/

McBain
04-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Haven't played any AL since the new campaign came out until today, and it definitely surprised me. I'm fine with a challenge, but it was a little shocking how much the difficulty was raised pretty much overnight. I think it's just the suddenness of the change that's prompting many of the complaints. Even the hauntlet is suddenly way harder than it used to be. The average time it takes to complete pretty much doubled, it seems like. Wasn't expecting that. It seems like leveling is gonna take forever now.

Asireuz
04-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh really? It doesn't seem THAT hard. Only the bosses do. It's easy for me :/

True, the normal mobs are more like a minor nuisance between the spawn and the boss, once you get used to their way of attacking. But bosses are a major part of the map, even more so now they take up most of the time in a map.

I tried Grimnr again yesterday, and no other normal boss, not even elite bosses, ever gave me such trouble (except maybe elite skull cove, but there you have more room to run around). I was wrong when I talked about aggro, he pulls you in even when you haven't attacked him once. That hammer throw has the same range as my longest range skill, and he can use it all the time without any clue that it's coming, as far as I know. I was with 2 warriors with very high health and armour, and they got killed in 1 hit at times.

If anyone has a clue how to deal with him as a sorcerer, I would like to know. I can't even stay alive long enough to try what works and what doesn't.

McBain, the tombs haven't gotten harder at all, so you can level up there.

chitgoks
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM
hmm im curious to know the strategy for mage too.

though i dont have any plan of doing elite grimnr again. lol

we were 2 mages and 2 warrior. nothing we mage could do except watch. our fireballs go awry the other way. if i face him up front so i could at least aim him he 1 hits me.

whew. i think mage are spectators here. i was lucky to find patient and forgiving warriors.

3x.cuz 1st time app juz quit. then 2nd time chrome quit. 3rd time we watched 1 warrior do everything lol. grimmr at 1 head just kept one hittimg everybody

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Brochaz
04-26-2013, 06:45 PM
The new boss's are totaly unreasonable. this game is NO fun now. STS may just lose a good customer over this... from 2 games.

Heal potions cost to much to burn them off so much with lesser boss's in new lands let alone higher in. And thats with shield and heal... 1 hit kills isnt right. FIX IT!!!!!!!

Snakespeare
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
1 hit kills in a game without rev... in a game with rev it's OK. Maybe they should add the rev skill? (like that's ever gonna happen, LOL)