PDA

View Full Version : for those wondering about ripmaw

xcainnblecterx
04-20-2013, 10:25 AM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh528/Cyanidecid/Screenshot_2013-04-20-09-28-50_zps4a6a98cd.pngI know some people were wondering if ripmaw will return and havent seen this yet

LwMark
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I postef this a while ago, i think its stupid why would we keep a eye out for ripmaws return, he was released durin kraken leave it at that , oh ye 2 caps from now when its alien theme lets release ripmaws -.-

xcainnblecterx
04-20-2013, 12:41 PM
ahhh ok yea i member you askin didnt know if you got a answer

Aplyed
04-20-2013, 03:01 PM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh528/Cyanidecid/Screenshot_2013-04-20-09-28-50_zps4a6a98cd.pngI know some people were wondering if ripmaw will return and havent seen this yet

I'm gonna name him ripoff since they are doing this!Never fail to amaze us with these "limited time" crap.

DocDoBig
04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Snowball is still there as well.

LwMark
04-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Snowball is still there as well.

Hes just in store till next christmas, not purchaseabls, he says in description it is, so its ok

DocDoBig
04-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Hes just in store till next christmas, not purchaseabls, he says in description it is, so its ok

Really? Thought it's the thing Rip and Snow have in common.
Are there other disc. pets ?

Walez
05-21-2013, 02:00 PM
What i don't get was all the talk about Ripmaw VS Slag in already closed threads.
I've read only about 20 pages in those threads but not a single person has realized that Ripmaw is just a godly pet for TANKING. Why was it removed? I came back two months after it was available and now the best thing for me would be Snaggletooth. But that pet simply pales in comparison to what other classes get for their INTENDED PURPOSE.
STS cares way too much about PVP kiddies these days. I consider PVE still the very core of this game.
Tanks need more love. We pump the majority of pots if you haven't noticed, just to do our job. People get offensive if tanks fail and start blaming them for their deaths, but god forbid that we get something to make that tanking job easier.

Please, bring Ripmaw back as soon as possible.

xcainnblecterx
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Ribbit, malison, mercury, and Wyatt are suitable warrio pets also

iluvataris
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
As a rogue bought ripmaw last day before I saw slags stats. Bought cause I didn't relize it was to released someday. O I would trade my ripmaw for slag in a heartbeat.

Walez
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Ribbit, malison, mercury, and Wyatt are suitable warrio pets also
Uhm, sorry but those definitely don't look like top tier pets.
And not a single of those have any mana regen (which is crucial for taunt skills; no mana=no tanking), nor do they have any damage reduction.

As a rogue bought ripmaw last day before I saw slags stats. Bought cause I didn't relize it was to released someday. O I would trade my ripmaw for slag in a heartbeat.
Heh, i would trade with you any time if it were possible.

Zuzeq
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Uhm, sorry but those definitely don't look like top tier pets.
And not a single of those have any mana regen (which is crucial for taunt skills; no mana=no tanking), nor do they have any damage reduction.

Heh, i would trade with you any time if it were possible.

Mali isnt top tier? Put the pipe down!...jk. Mali is boss for all classes. You want regen and damage..Flap Jack, you want buffs and debuffs...Orion, you want pure STR and damage....Wyatt, you got top gear and just want pure mana and a lil damage...nexus...I can do this all day. Plenty on boss pet out there, you just have open your mind and look beyond whats on the base stat page.

xcainnblecterx
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
If I knew you meant mana regen I would said flap jack lol. Friend had that in elite we didn't need mana, added 2 mercurys, didn't need health except at boss. Just learn how to use pets and youll be good. Example with ribbit on warrio: charge windmill, let go at about half spin, hit ribbits arcane, watch the crits, then charge and release hammer. That causes such huge DMG even in bosses you should get em taunted to you that buffs are the least of your worries.Vengeful blood also helps with mana if you use it right. I really don't have a problem with mana as most warrios are seeming to have, so I'm puzzled as to why

Zanpakuto
05-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Ripmaw is so awesome for my warrior! It was a great match just like a slag and talon for rogues!

Walez
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Mali isnt top tier? Mali is boss for every class. You want pure STR, dmg and armor de buffs...Wyatt, you want party buffs, de buffs and mana...orion, you have top gear and want pure mana and a lil bit of dmg...nexus, you want dmg and regen...Flap Jack. There are plenty of boss pets out ther, you just have to look beyond the base stat page.
I think i wasn't clear/specific enough.
I honestly don't care much about base stat, and i think i mentioned that in my first post. A little strength to have more health? Fine. A little dexterity to raise the doge rate? Fine to me, too.
The ones you mentioned sure are top tier pets BUT, as far as pets go that have dmg reduction AND mana regen at the same time, Ripmaw would be the only pet in that class, and it isn't even available anymore.
When you take the next best one, Snaggletooth, that's good, but not as good as what other classes get with their pets for their PURPOSE.

If I knew you meant mana regen I would said flap jack lol. Friend had that in elite we didn't need mana, added 2 mercurys, didn't need health except at boss. Just learn how to use pets and youll be good. Example with ribbit on warrio: charge windmill, let go at about half spin, hit ribbits arcane, watch the crits, then charge and release hammer. That causes such huge DMG even in bosses you should get em taunted to you that buffs are the least of your worries.Vengeful blood also helps with mana if you use it right. I really don't have a problem with mana as most warrios are seeming to have, so I'm puzzled as to why
If you, as a tank, mostly run pugs, for whatever reasons.. you don't always get the best "setup".
As a tank, i care less about my damage than my aggro and survivability.
Vengeful Blood is great, i know how to use it, and if everything fits, i don't have mana problems. But in pugs you sometimes have more than one tank (does anyone else would like to see dual specs?) and if aggro goes back and forth between people, you don't get that much mana. Mages that use their skill that replenish that in good teamwork, are scarce.

Zuzeq
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Walez;1105269]I think i wasn't clear/specific enough.
I honestly don't care much about base stat, and i think i mentioned that in my first post. A little strength to have more health? Fine. A little dexterity to raise the doge rate? Fine to me, too.
The ones you mentioned sure are top tier pets BUT, as far as pets go that have dmg reduction AND mana regen at the same time, Ripmaw would be the only pet in that class, and it isn't even available anymore.
When you take the next best one, Snaggletooth, that's good, but not as good as what other classes get with their pets for their PURPOSE.

"Their Purpose"? I can't agree with you that a War doesn't have pets for "Their Purpose", there are loads of them. "Rogue" pets are give and take. Talon for example, 30 Dex, 10% DmG and a bit of Mana. Oh snap right? Eh not really. Yeah you can do loads of DmG, but you also have to spam HP pots just to stay alive in the Elite setting (unless you're just boss like me...lol). A overlooked simple pet like Loki is tailor made for War. 15StR, 15% DmG and Mana regen, i mean snap! That egg cost like 3-4K! Hazel slows the mob, speeds you up, grants 30 StR AND regens your health, snap right! For the record Nexus does provide Mana regen and DmG reduce. I know it's not what you're looking for and I agree they should bring Rip back, but don't say there isn't anything out there for your class.

ShadowGunX
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
vixen; orion; wyatt nuff said ;-)