PDA

View Full Version : The New Sorcerer Nerf

jb57542
04-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Anybody else notice how mages have suffered a huge damage nerf in comparison with other classes for this new expansion for equipment? The reason I say this is a level 26 Oracle Crystal of Fatality has 11.3 more damage than a lvl 26 Radiant Ice Ribs of Assault. Now at new level cap one the best non-flamesquid weapon that most players can afford is the Radiant Ice Ribs of Assault... This means most sorcerers will be missing out around 13 extra damage, than our lvl 26 self's. I'm afraid the sorcerer class as whole will become even more weak in comparison to the other classes.

Please feel free to correct me on this if I am missing something but I think the general population of the sorcerer class has suffered another Nerf even if it was unintentional.

Skidmarkz
04-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Just accept our role as a medic and be happy.

Zanpakuto
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Don't complain man! My warrior even with the best we quips barely makes dents! Also our mythic helm only has 3 categories while the other 2 have 4!

falmear
04-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Compared to my sealord of security helm and armor, the stuff currently in the auction house is only marginally better. Also it seems like we are taking a big hit in health too. I hope there is more stuff which drops. But as it stands right now, if this is the best (beyond mythic), I'm probably not going to play until the next expansion. At lvl 31 with lvl 26 sealord, radiant ice ribs of brutality & malison, I have 2488 health points, its too easy to die on the normal maps. I get one hit ko'd all the time. Part of it is because the red zone is larger then what is shown. And even if I run outside I die. I expect that on elite maps that this could happen, but the bosses shouldn't be this hard on normal maps. I don't feel like wasting my time dieing at the bosses and running back there to get one hit ko'd again. I have to stay so far outside I can't even target my weapon & skills.

Cero
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Anybody else notice how mages have suffered a huge damage nerf in comparison with other classes for this new expansion for equipment? The reason I say this is a level 26 Oracle Crystal of Fatality has 11.3 more damage than a lvl 26 Radiant Ice Ribs of Assault. Now at new level cap one the best non-flamesquid weapon that most players can afford is the Radiant Ice Ribs of Assault... This means most sorcerers will be missing out around 13 extra damage, than our lvl 26 self's. I'm afraid the sorcerer class as whole will become even more weak in comparison to the other classes.

Please feel free to correct me on this if I am missing something but I think the general population of the sorcerer class has suffered another Nerf even if it was unintentional.

its too early to say and if the rifle weapon isnt good then its time to use a staff.

Erdnase
04-20-2013, 11:20 PM
its too early to say and if the rifle weapon isnt good then its time to use a staff.

Not going to use staff in pvp tho. :)

matanofx
04-21-2013, 01:52 AM
the main idea of the thread is really hard to disagree on
the new radiant gun is completely nerfed compared to what a lvl31 oracle crystal would have been...
i dont know about the new staff yet or if the firesquid staff will scale up to lvl30 with better stats, but for the gun users of us the nerf is very clear and upsetting.

chitgoks
04-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Compared to my sealord of security helm and armor, the stuff currently in the auction house is only marginally better. Also it seems like we are taking a big hit in health too. I hope there is more stuff which drops. But as it stands right now, if this is the best (beyond mythic), I'm probably not going to play until the next expansion. At lvl 31 with lvl 26 sealord, radiant ice ribs of brutality & malison, I have 2488 health points, its too easy to die on the normal maps. I get one hit ko'd all the time. Part of it is because the red zone is larger then what is shown. And even if I run outside I die. I expect that on elite maps that this could happen, but the bosses shouldn't be this hard on normal maps. I don't feel like wasting my time dieing at the bosses and running back there to get one hit ko'd again. I have to stay so far outside I can't even target my weapon & skills.

so true. no matter how far away i am from the red area of the boss i still get one hit ko

worse. the fireball doesnt aim at enemies. this has been since kraken. is this a bug? or do i need to upgrade some fireball skill so it will hit enemies?

mages now are more of in a support healing role. but when t comes to boss i cant even go near and heal allies cuz i get hit in an instant

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jb57542
04-21-2013, 06:44 AM
the main idea of the thread is really hard to disagree on
the new radiant gun is completely nerfed compared to what a lvl31 oracle crystal would have been...
i dont know about the new staff yet or if the firesquid staff will scale up to lvl30 with better stats, but for the gun users of us the nerf is very clear and upsetting.

I appreciate I'm not the only gun user who feels this way. The new rogue bow increased their overall damage as well... I saw the new staff in cs this morning. It has decent damage stats, about the same as radiant with a good proc. I also saw a firesquid but I doubt they will scale past lvl 30 unless they are dropping in new elite chest.

I kind of agree with Cero we should ultimately have to wait and see how it all mixes together but currently I have felt shorted as a mage, no pun intended. We are left with our best gun that has less damage and a proc that only triggers on a charged attack.

Azemeazed
04-21-2013, 12:24 PM
so true. no matter how far away i am from the red area of the boss i still get one hit ko

worse. the fireball doesnt aim at enemies. this has been since kraken. is this a bug? or do i need to upgrade some fireball skill so it will hit enemies?

mages now are more of in a support healing role. but when t comes to boss i cant even go near and heal allies cuz i get hit in an instant

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

to hit with fireball you need to upgrade +3 meter

And yep our damage is not so good, i cant even run solo hauntlet anymore without potions :-( but maybe it will be better with mythical armor and good ring/amy

Effervesce
04-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Just accept our role as a medic and be happy.

Medic and ice removal. I think our newer armor should say Mr. Plow on the back

Yakiniku
04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Haha our new legendary rod should've been a shovel.

Cero
04-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Haha our new legendary rod should've been a shovel.

lol yes, better dig your own hole.

Darko
04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
yall will probably get hooked up next season though, think about that, you guys will have the top arcane weapon with the best stats, as warrior and mages dont scale up to level...

Lady_Pebbles
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
yall will probably get hooked up next season though, think about that, you guys will have the top arcane weapon with the best stats, as warrior and mages dont scale up to level...
Thats only for the ppl who actually get the drops or can afford to buy them with gold to begin with. The rest of us still have to deal with the rest of the "stuff". Its getting ridiculous... This is the only game I know of that costs more before you start to farm. When it should only cost more to buy the drops off of the ah... Not both. Its insane.

EDIT: Pets at lvl30 are 700+ to feed. How the hell are we supposed to afford pet feeds AND pots AND ah listing fees AND still be able to buy the gear we want? Smh. Not everyone is lucky at merching either. Not to mention the fact that gold drops from maps is seriously lacking.

Most pets at lower levels don't have the same benefits as capped pets. Especially the pets that work with your build. Switching between one pet to another for me requires a change of gear as well to make up for the stat difference... So more moola down the drain.

Haowesie
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I have a mythic sorc helm and what I consider decent armour, and I must say that although the damage is nice killing mobs, the dmg that the mythic provides (over hp/armour) is quite useless with the new bosses both normal map and elite -- why? Because of the one-hit ko in or outside the boss' red zone.

I changed gears (not using mythic) to give me over 3k hp, and when boss hits, it leaves me between 3-6% of hp, with just enough time to spam health pots.

I tried testing Both configuration in pvp, but it's too early to tell as most folks are still levelling up or do not have good gear. However, I did encounter a rogue that I could not kill by myself, it almost felt like trying to kill a tank because it took a long time -- if a health pack was not next to me, I'd be dead too. I also saw a warrior with both mythics (armour and helm), and as expected owned everybody.

So, the new gear it seems is geared more for survivability. Mythic sorc users may find they can hit hard in pvp, but find themselves dead because of low hp... As some have mentioned, it's too early to tell, but this is my observation based on current available gear.

mafiainc42
04-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Thats only for the ppl who actually get the drops or can afford to buy them with gold to begin with. The rest of us still have to deal with the rest of the "stuff". Its getting ridiculous... This is the only game I know of that costs more before you start to farm. When it should only cost more to buy the drops off of the ah... Not both. Its insane.

EDIT: Pets at lvl30 are 700+ to feed. How the hell are we supposed to afford pet feeds AND pots AND ah listing fees AND still be able to buy the gear we want? Smh. Not everyone is lucky at merching either. Not to mention the fact that gold drops from maps is seriously lacking.

Most pets at lower levels don't have the same benefits as capped pets. Especially the pets that work with your build. Switching between one pet to another for me requires a change of gear as well to make up for the stat difference... So more moola down the drain.

they can careless hun. u should already know bye now. its all about da $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! platnium/free to play/bait and switch!!!