PDA

View Full Version : The NBA playoffs have begun.

Cascade
04-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Who do you think will win? Personally, i'm hoping for a Heat vs. Spurs finals.

CrimsonTider
04-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I would like to see ole' Timmy make it back one more time, but I think it will be Miami vs. OKC again.

Jcyee
04-20-2013, 08:59 PM
If the Spurs can get back on track, they'll make it to the Finals but ultimately, I don't think anyone can beat the Heat.

lakersrockftw
04-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Let me tell you this lakers will beat the spurs in the first round so don't count on it. Even though I am a lakers fan I don't think anyone can best the heat yet :(

Spyce
04-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Denver Nuggets have a really good chance of making it to the Finals!
Guys see Andre Millers GW Layup with 1.2 remaining?
Beast mode!

Cascade
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah he had a really surprising game seeing that he is older and doesn't score much.

Jcyee
04-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I think the Warriors should've won that game though. That steal by Ty Lawson was big.

Greencrow
04-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Heat - OKC

XghostzX
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Chicago bulls

Spyce
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Chicago bulls

Are gonna lose..
They lost by 20 something.

Cascade
04-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Are gonna lose..

It's a 7 game series.

Spyce
04-21-2013, 07:40 PM
It's a 7 game series.

I know.
I think Nets will win because of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.

NotYoCookiez
04-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Lebron

Cascade
04-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Birdman.

*flaps arms*

razerfingers
04-21-2013, 11:18 PM
heat so pro i wear lakers hats but i collect has so team doesn't matter, overall i kinda like how the heat flies on my hats so yeah xD

Griffinfan
04-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Milwaukee will win. Easily.

Shonex
04-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Heat will win it,again.... I wish Kobe was uninjured and leading the Lakers to the finals,but he was unlucky :chargrined:
LeBron is a beast ;)

XghostzX
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Are gonna lose..

Meh, if you're talking statistics, then yeah.

It's all about da PRIDE and FAITH.

Cascade
04-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Meh, if you're talking statistics, then yeah.

It's all about da PRIDE and FAITH.

Just realized you live in Illinois. I suppose you think MJ is the greatest player.

Spyce
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Just realized you live in Illinois. I suppose you think MJ is the greatest player.

Is that suppose to be hurtful?
(Everyone in LA thinks Kobe's the best)
(Everyone in Miami think's Lebron's the best)

Dragonrider023
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
NBA playoffs is boring compared to college.

Spyce
04-22-2013, 06:09 PM

Where do NCAA Players go after 1-4 years?
NBA..
Plus College has different rules.

XghostzX
04-22-2013, 06:22 PM

That's a given

Spyce
04-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Guys, check out my NBA Discussion Thread.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94707-NBA-Talk-24-7

CrimsonTider
04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Let me tell you this lakers will beat the spurs in the first round so don't count on it. Even though I am a lakers fan I don't think anyone can best the heat yet :(

No.

Denver Nuggets have a really good chance of making it to the Finals!
Guys see Andre Millers GW Layup with 1.2 remaining?
Beast mode!

Yes.

I think the Warriors should've won that game though. That steal by Ty Lawson was big.

Ty is my boy! You see what he did to the Dookies a few years back with that bad toe? Pure beast!

Chicago bulls

Survey says: X.

Milwaukee will win. Easily.

I LOL'ed! Made sure I read it correctly then, LOL'ed again. :p

He is. No disputing. When former players still drool over his game: Case closed.

Truth. Now, back in the day with the "Showtime" Lakers, Bird Celtics, "Bad Boy" Pistons, and 'Da Bulls... good stuff there.

That's a given

Preach it Brother Will!

Spyce
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
No.

Yes.

Ty is my boy! You see what he did to the Dookies a few years back with that bad toe? Pure beast!

Survey says: X.

I LOL'ed! Made sure I read it correctly then, LOL'ed again. :p

He is. No disputing. When former players still drool over his game: Case closed.

Truth. Now, back in the day with the "Showtime" Lakers, Bird Celtics, "Bad Boy" Pistons, and 'Da Bulls... good stuff there.

Preach it Brother Will!

How come everyone is such a Bandwagon?
Not saying it's you guys.

CrimsonTider
04-22-2013, 06:36 PM
How come everyone is such a Bandwagon?
Not saying it's you guys.

How is anything I, or anyone else, bandwagon? I was watching the NBA religiously before many of you were even a twinkle in Mommy and Daddy's eye. :)

Spyce
04-22-2013, 06:46 PM
How is anything I, or anyone else, bandwagon? I was watching the NBA religiously before many of you were even a twinkle in Mommy and Daddy's eye. :)

Not saying any of you were..
If you were watching NBA basketball before us you must be old..

Spyce
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94707-NBA-Talk-24-7

Discuss NBA related subjects here.

CrimsonTider
04-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Not saying any of you were..
If you were watching NBA basketball before us you must be old..

I shall neither confirm, nor deny, this statement.

Cascade
04-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey Crimson, do some research on Bill Russell. You will soon discover that he is in fact the best player to ever play the game of basketball. Not just for his on-court feats but his off-court feats as well.

Not knocking Jordan, he was an absolute beast and had an incredible work ethic. I mean just look at the flu-game, now that's dedication. Here is the difference, Bill made bad players good. Jordan was an unstoppable scorer.

Great video series about Bill here: http://youtu.be/i8R9EpS7V7k

Spyce
04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey Crimson, do some research on Bill Russell. You will soon discover that he is in fact the best player to ever play the game of basketball. Not just for his on-court feats but his off-court feats as well.

Not knocking Jordan, he was an absolute beast and had an incredible work ethic. I mean just look at the flu-game, now that's dedication. Here is the difference, Bill made bad players good. Jordan was an unstoppable scorer.

I agree some what with Cascade bold statement.
Bill Russell is the best Defensive Player to ever play the game of basketball to this day.
Wilt Chamberlain is the best offensive player.
(Remember his 100 point game.)

Mage till the end
04-22-2013, 07:10 PM

Ahaha

Spyce
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Kyrie Irving is yet the best point guard.

Jcyee
04-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Where do NCAA Players go after 1-4 years?
NBA..
Plus College has different rules.

More like 1 nowadays. Lol

CrimsonTider
04-22-2013, 08:48 PM

At 36 years old, I am well aware of who Bill Russell is. He was an excellent rebounder and defensive player, however, like Wilt Chamberlin, his range was limited to around 10 feet from the basket. Micheal Jordan was also an excellent defensive player, and was an offensive machine. He could post, shoot the midrange unlike anyone ever, hit three's when needed (see playoff game against Portland), and let's not forget his flight.

As far as the teammate argument goes, let's remember Russell played with several Hall of Famers. Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, Bill Sharman, and a couple others, I think, were all members of most of those 11 titles. Jordan, however, played with Pippen. When comparing his Bull's teams with Russell's Celtics, it can easily be argued Jordan has done more with less than any other team in history. His Bulls teams also had constant turnover in player management. Pippen was the only constant. Each "three-peat" squad was entirely different with the exception of Pippen.

As I said before, any current NBA analyst, former player, and current player will reply "Jordan" is the greatest of all time. Actually, I have always heard that Elgin Baylor would be considered the closest to Jordan in the "greatest" discussion.

Spyce
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
At 36 years old, I am well aware of who Bill Russell is. He was an excellent rebounder and defensive player, however, like Wilt Chamberlin, his range was limited to around 10 feet from the basket. Micheal Jordan was also an excellent defensive player, and was an offensive machine. He could post, shoot the midrange unlike anyone ever, hit three's when needed (see playoff game against Portland), and let's not forget his flight.

As far as the teammate argument goes, let's remember Russell played with several Hall of Famers. Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, Bill Sharman, and a couple others, I think, were all members of most of those 11 titles. Jordan, however, played with Pippen. When comparing his Bull's teams with Russell's Celtics, it can easily be argued Jordan has done more with less than any other team in history. His Bulls teams also had constant turnover in player management. Pippen was the only constant. Each "three-peat" squad was entirely different with the exception of Pippen.

As I said before, any current NBA analyst, former player, and current player will reply "Jordan" is the greatest of all time. Actually, I have always heard that Elgin Baylor would be considered the closest to Jordan in the "greatest" discussion.

36 years of age?
Now days everyone talking about Lebron and Kobe.
After they retire, everyone will be taking about Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving!

XghostzX
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
36 years of age?
Now days everyone talking about Lebron and Kobe.
After they retire, everyone will be taking about Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving!

Nah, it'll be D Rose.

Cascade
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
In the same year that Wilt AVERAGED over 50 points a game and had that 100 point game, Oscar Robertson AVERAGED a triple-double...yet, Bill Russell won the MVP that year.

Spyce
04-23-2013, 05:47 AM
In the same year that Wilt AVERAGED over 50 points a game and had that 100 point game, Oscar Robertson AVERAGED a triple-double...yet, Bill Russell won the MVP that year.

Bill Russell is a great player.
I couldn't seem to undertsand him during in "Mr. Russells House" so don't know much about him.

CrimsonTider
04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
It can be said Jordan had the greatest single seasons ever: 1987-1988.

Scoring champ, steals champ, MVP, All-Star MVP, Slam-Dunk champ, Defensive First Team, Defensive MVP, NBA First-Team.

XghostzX
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
It can be said Jordan had the greatest single seasons ever: 1987-1988.

Scoring champ, steals champ, MVP, All-Star MVP, Slam-Dunk champ, Defensive First Team, Defensive MVP, NBA First-Team.

^ Thank you for supporting me.

CrimsonTider
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
^ Thank you for supporting me.

His Airness consumed my childhood. Not just supporting you, I'm supporting the man I saw who amazed his own peers and millions worldwide.

Spyce
04-23-2013, 06:47 PM
His Airness consumed my childhood. Not just supporting you, I'm supporting the man I saw who amazed his own peers and millions worldwide.

Everyone at my school says he's overrated.
Any comments?

CrimsonTider
04-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Everyone at my school says he's overrated.
Any comments?

You're young as are your peers. I suppose Ali, Gretsky, and Jim Brown are overrated as well. And while we are at it, show me another athlete with his marketability. None exist nor ever will. His Gatorade campaign as well as the "It's gotta be the shoes!" with Spike Lee are epic.

Spyce
04-23-2013, 07:37 PM
You're young as are your peers. I suppose Ali, Gretsky, and Jim Brown are overrated as well. And while we are at it, show me another athlete with his marketability. None exist nor ever will. His Gatorade campaign as well as the "It's gotta be the shoes!" with Spike Lee are epic.

Lebron, Kobe, and Kevin Durant are the closest to MJ.
Never heard of Ali and Gretsky.

lakersrockftw
04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Kobe the best(no offense but I don't know why I hate him)

Spyce
04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Kobe the best(no offense but I don't know why I hate him)

No offense?
Laker bro, are you kidding me?
He's one of the league's best scorer.
Plus isn't he your favorite?

HxC
04-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Floridian at heart ;) Miami heat all the way. Heat vs. OKC in finals, Heat 4-2. But despite my diehardness for miami in all honesty so many teams could have a good chance at winning if the heat werent in Super Saiyan Mr. Popo mode (Yeah that good)
SOUTH SIDE REPRESENT

Cascade
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Marc Gasol received Defensive Player of the Year. That was a surprise for me.

CrimsonTider
04-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Marc Gasol received Defensive Player of the Year. That was a surprise for me.

I think this surprised most of the world.

Cascade
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought Joakim Noah did rather well this year, Dwight Howard has played good, but not exceptional.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
:'( Im not up-to-date on basketball, and i barely watch any games as sports barely come to our TV, so im missing out on being a couch potato.
For some reason, my class criticizes me because i dont watch football or basketball :'(.

Cascade
04-24-2013, 01:49 PM
:'( Im not up-to-date on basketball, and i barely watch any games as sports barely come to our TV, so im missing out on being a couch potato.
For some reason, my class criticizes me because i dont watch football or basketball :'(.

Typical public school.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Typical private school.

Fixed :)

Cascade
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
School.

Fixed.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Fixed.

Wait Wat....

CrimsonTider
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I thought Joakim Noah did rather well this year, Dwight Howard has played good, but not exceptional.

I'm afraid Dwight will become the next Terrell Owens: Tons of talent wasted by having a few screws loose.

CrimsonTider
04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Wait Wat....

He means "school" in general treat each other like this.

Cascade
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm afraid Dwight will become the next Terrell Owens: Tons of talent wasted by having a few screws loose.

Yeah, he seems to be quite the drama queen.

^

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 02:06 PM

I see. Never knew another school that did this.

Cascade
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Kids like to be cool so they do stupid stuff.

Caiahar
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Kids like to be cool so they do stupid stuff.
I cant guess who are you talking about, me or my idiot classmates.

Cascade
04-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I cant guess who are you talking about, me or my idiot classmates.

Pretty much every kid at least once in there lifetime wants to look cool so they do something to fit in, then they mature and realize that it was a really stupid idea. So we all do it, but in your case. Your classmates.

CrimsonTider
04-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Shouldn't come as a shock, but looks like Lakers are gonna get swept. As well as SA is playing right now, I don't think a healthy Kobe would make a difference. Best series so far: Denver/GS.

Cascade
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Shouldn't come as a shock, but looks like Lakers are gonna get swept. As well as SA is playing right now, I don't think a healthy Kobe would make a difference. Best series so far: Denver/GS.

Yeah Stephen Curry is playing really good. I hope Denver wins the series though.

Kixxler
04-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah Stephen Curry is playing really good. I hope Denver wins the series though.

Steph + Klay = best guard tandem at the moment

lakersrockftw
04-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Yay clippers lost!

Jcyee
04-25-2013, 11:50 PM

A good series indeed! I wouldn't expect the Warriors to shoot around 65% again though xD

gison
04-26-2013, 01:40 AM
I like watching the Clippers/ Grizzlies one.
GS/Denver.
and everything else is either a sweep. Or lame.

CrimsonTider
04-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Heat 3-0. No team looks smoother at the moment. Shut down D will win championships.

Cascade
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Heat 3-0. No team looks smoother at the moment. Shut down D will win championships.

They have incredible runs as well, scoring 10-15 and the opposing team only scores a few points.

Greencrow
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Heat all the way~

Cascade
04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Westbrook is out for most likely the season.

Cascade
04-26-2013, 11:03 PM
http://www.nba.com/timeline/?ls=nbahpsplit1

Cool timeline, Bill Russell had an eight-peat, Jordan had 2 three-peats. :3

Jcyee
04-27-2013, 01:41 AM
WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!! What a win! Enjoying watching Harrison Barnes develop here in the playoffs. But Klay Thompson needs to be more consistent...

Kixxler
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Lakers are getting demolished...

XghostzX
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Anyone watch the Bulls game tonight? Triple OT with Nate Robinson steppin' up and bringing the team to victory. Kirk Heinrich playing unbelievable defense, acting as captain. So fun to watch.

Cascade
04-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Nate seriously stepped up, I think the bulls are going to win the series, they are just too tough.

CrimsonTider
04-27-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.nba.com/timeline/?ls=nbahpsplit1

Cool timeline, Bill Russell had an eight-peat, Jordan had 2 three-peats. :3

Last time I checked, Jordan was retired the two seasons between the 3-peats. Can't change history but considering how he just came out of retirement and dominated another 3 years in a row, 8 in a row would have been more than feasible.

XghostzX
04-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Nate seriously stepped up, I think the bulls are going to win the series, they are just too tough.

It's so fun watching Nate. You never know what he's going to bring, and he's so quick and unpredictable, yet reliable. Every team needs someone like that.

Although, if they do happen to win one more game and play against the heat next series, they're screwed.

Cascade
04-27-2013, 09:03 PM
It's so fun watching Nate. You never know what he's going to bring, and he's so quick and unpredictable, yet reliable. Every team needs someone like that.

Although, if they do happen to win one more game and play against the heat next series, they're screwed.

I like the Bulls style though they are all so energetic and fun.

XghostzX
04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
I like the Bulls style though they are all so energetic and fun.

You never know when you get a team full of reserves stepping up. It truly is fascinating.

It also wouldn't have happened without their relatively new coach.

lakersrockftw
04-27-2013, 10:11 PM
:( lakers keep losing but clippers lost so I'm not that sad