PDA

View Full Version : Shield

Popamollyswtn
04-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Anyone else think it's dumb that shield absorbs 500 damage at lvl 1 and at 31?? It seemingly gets worse with every level.

Lady_Pebbles
04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Heal has issues too. It doesn't replenish mana enough for the caster. Lots of skills need to scale with the levels but don't. Its annoying.

Cero
04-22-2013, 06:14 AM
Devs still prolly believe about their dmg output formula which goes like this

armor + mob/player level (*dmg reduction) = total dmg

which prolly fails from the 500 total dmg absorbtion knowing rogues can crit 1-2k+

(PS: my formula might be wrong cos i cant find the thread)

Popamollyswtn
04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
If people want mages to be a better* 1v1 class then this is the easiest fix

thekdub
04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone else think it's dumb that shield absorbs 500 damage at lvl 1 and at 31?? It seemingly gets worse with every level.

It's more than dumb. It's profoundly retarded.

Bud1988
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Yea it makes it not worth while to Heal.

Cero
04-27-2013, 01:24 AM
the only thing that is good is the 2secs invule

increase shield duration and increase total dmg absorbtion is only for Sorc VS sorc.

ishyrionek
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Hmm, base 500dmg is god for lov lvls, so its god start :-)
1st upgrade make it absorb more dmg..... But i never tested that skill and upgrade...
Could someone tell how much 1st upgrade affect dmg absorb, and does it depend from your dmg/life/def, plz ?
Thx in advance!

From other hand, I think cd should be reduced to 20 or 25 secs.

uzidredar
04-28-2013, 09:39 AM
If you haven't realized by now STS does not give a damn about our class. Looks at our sorry state as a pvp class after months of very specific complaints. Most of us stopped spending plat ages ago. I am just waiting for their next game as AL turned out to be a huge disappointment for people looking for a balanced pvp experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Popamollyswtn
05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
My prayers have been answered!

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Yup, now is a good time to play around with your stats builds while using Shield to see exactly how its being effected.

Carapace
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
If you haven't realized by now STS does not give a damn about our class. Looks at our sorry state as a pvp class after months of very specific complaints. Most of us stopped spending plat ages ago. I am just waiting for their next game as AL turned out to be a huge disappointment for people looking for a balanced pvp experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We do care, and we do discuss them among all other classes skills. Development on things like this have a lot of impact on gameplay for everyone and so we can't just jump in without considering all the options.

The bottom line is we do hear the player base, and we take these discussions/threads into consideration as we debate what to do about things we deem are issues. When we don't have something active to comment on something however, we don't necessarily write something.

Yakiniku
05-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Well what's the word, fellow mages? Is the new shield worth picking up?

falmear
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I wish they had specified how much.saying "until a certain amount of damage has been absorbed, based on your STR and INT" is useless. It maybe less then 500, how do I know? Kind of ridiculous.

Samhayne
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I wish they had specified how much.saying "until a certain amount of damage has been absorbed, based on your STR and INT" is useless. It maybe less then 500, how do I know? Kind of ridiculous.

I believe it is a 40% reduction in incoming damage. I think for most mages that they'll die (they are still taking damage through the shield, just reduced by 40% that is re-directing to the shield) before the shield pops. Of course, that depends on your stats.

falmear
05-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I believe it is a 40% reduction in incoming damage. I think for most mages that they'll die (they are still taking damage through the shield, just reduced by 40% that is re-directing to the shield) before the shield pops. Of course, that depends on your stats.

This is what it says (word for word):

Manifest a protective shield that causes incoming damage to be reduced by 30% for 10 seconds (or until a certain amount of damage have been absorbed, based on your STR and INT).

Before it was 500 now its unknown. Other skills have the amount of damage done or life healed. This should specify a number and change as your stats increase. Why wasn't this done?

Lady_Pebbles
05-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I agree with Falmear. I was playing around with my stats and Shield.. Seems to be the same as before. Its really odd. We need more info on how our stats work with Shield.

Also, there is an addition dmg reduction sub skill for shield that adds 15% more so the total amount of dmg reduction is 45%.

yuriramos
05-02-2013, 07:47 PM
This is what it says (word for word):

Manifest a protective shield that causes incoming damage to be reduced by 30% for 10 seconds (or until a certain amount of damage have been absorbed, based on your STR and INT).

Before it was 500 now its unknown. Other skills have the amount of damage done or life healed. This should specify a number and change as your stats increase. Why wasn't this done?

I second this

falmear
05-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I created a post in the technical issues forum. Add your voices to it, if you want to see something done. Otherwise it'll fall into the same void as passive abilities on the stats screen.

Pyromagnium
05-02-2013, 08:21 PM
We can at least be a little respectful about it.

First I'd like to thank STS for even giving us the attention. It's not easy fixing a sorcerer class as there are typically many outlets sorcerers have spell wise (clerics, warlocks, mages...) so the direction of a single sorcerer class can be quite challenging.

What my Sorcerer peers would like, Sam (or any other mod for that matter), are some numbers. Or perhaps a formula? Something to help determine if we should respec, buy new gear, or wait. I don't yet have shield, but I've done some pvp and I definitely have noticed an increase in Sorcerer resiliency.

It's a big step in the right direction.

Energizeric
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I agree. Why not give the number Sam? Lightning Strike does say "causes a certain amount of damage based on your INT & DEX". It actually tells you how much so you can play around with your gear trying to get the number higher. Shield should do the same thing.