PDA

View Full Version : "S) Cool Names!" Needs to be discussed.

D-:
04-21-2013, 05:39 PM
In almost every Balefort, I'll see someone saying "SELLING COOL NAMES PM FOR OFFERS" when its a scam. It's saddening to see that this is being said in public, totally disreguarding the ToS.

ToS:
Anything that can not enter the trade window (Such as platinum) shouldn't be traded and is against the ToS.

(I think that's what it says.)

Has anyone else seen this?

Urqui
04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
This is pretty obvious but most people don't listen, so let them learn from their mistakes.:p

Zeus
04-21-2013, 06:01 PM
STS makes that rule to protect their own players. Also, it removes them from having to do anything if someone get scammed.

What is the general rule? "If it does not fit in the trade window, don't trade it!" Why should a player's stupidity be something that STS has to waste resources on?

I've learned my lesson, now it will be very rare that I do lend a set to someone. If I do, it's usually something that I can afford to lose.

If players cry about being scammed of a name, that is their problem. They should not have tried to make a dealing with anything that cannot fit in the trading window.

However, if STS made a feature that allowed the selling of names via trade window, I'd love it! Heck, I'd pay extra platinum for that feature. I have a wide collection of names that I know other players would love to have. :)

CrimsonTider
04-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I see it all the time. I advise of ToS and if they continue, or get rude, I report, mute, and move on.

Zeus
04-21-2013, 06:03 PM
I see it all the time. I advise of ToS and if they continue, or get rude, I report, mute, and move on.

Simply stated but extremely well said. *claps*

Caiahar
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
i saw ppl selling names like 10 times today..

Spyce
04-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Some are legit actually..
I saw this earlier today.

Wendellism
04-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Still, like Apollo said, selling character names is forbidden by STS. What if the seller asks for gold first and you, not knowing gave him. He couldd log off and not allow you to change your supposed name you wanted.

Name selling is almost always a scam because you never know if the seller is trustworthy or not.

Randomguy
04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't think xxsupercoelx or soemthing is a cool name

Reunegade
04-21-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't think xxsupercoelx or soemthing is a cool name

Lawl you were selling the name knife earlier in trader market :)

D-:
04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Lawl you were selling the name knife earlier in trader market :)

Just a hypocrite.

Randomguy
04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
:-)

wammm
04-21-2013, 11:23 PM
It's more like they're "Buying the name "BAN".

Zeus
04-21-2013, 11:48 PM

I know somebody with the name Banned. :0

D-:
04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
My friend has the name Ban. He's a L17 bird.

billybob1
04-21-2013, 11:53 PM
I see it all the time myself and other types of scams...maybe I'm the only one but tbh I don't really care wut other people do..if they wanna sell names or run sum silly scam so what? They get banned oh well good riddance

Phoenixking
04-21-2013, 11:55 PM
I remember there were a good amount of name sellers about a year ago

Wendellism
04-22-2013, 12:15 AM
I remember there were a good amount of name sellers about a year ago

And I don't see them in PL today. Guess what's happened to them? :)

dudetus
04-22-2013, 12:22 AM
At the very moment when people started to turn unique names into profit, support didn't give unique names anymore.

It's IMO peffedic to ask a name from support just in order to sell it.

Wendellism
04-22-2013, 12:30 AM
At the very moment when people started to turn unique names into profit, support didn't give unique names anymore.

All names are born unique, but some names are more unique than others.
~Random guy selling names from guild named <Gethigh>

Psyche
04-22-2013, 01:41 AM

Tell me about it. I stopped playing for a long time and lost my name. Hopefully whoever has it isn't trying to profit from it.

Prideeee
04-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Nah it isn't a scam in 95% of "good name" cases. I've seen many
succesful trades and players mostly know who sells names and which ones. If they scammed it'd ruin their rep completely.

dudetus
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Nah it isn't a scam. I've seen many
succesful trades and players mostly know who sells names and which ones. If they scammed it'd ruin their rep completely.

But it's still against STS policies.

As guild selling was discussed long time ago, Samhayne said that anything which cannot be traded via trade window (guilds, names, Founder's etc.) are forbidden and therefore reportable actions which result in ban.

Muslim
04-22-2013, 03:55 AM
I personally think that having a good name is priceless.

Prideeee
04-22-2013, 04:39 AM
That is true, I know that. Just wanting to know that do they ban people for this, if they do, have they banned someone for this, or guild selling

jcoultet
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I find it distasteful how so many people abuse Sts kindness. I personally feel they deserve to be banned.

wammm
04-22-2013, 12:11 PM

I know somebody with the name Banned. :0

Really? :0 ... coolio

Fusionstrike
04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
It's realy hard to get a decent name these days. I made new characters when the new classes came out, and I had a list of 50+ names I liked to work down when I created them. I went through about 40 of them to name the first one, then ran the rest of my list out and had to think up another 30 or so more to get the second one. It's gotten kind of crazy. (Although one thing that made it harder for me is I wasn't willing to use a "xxxMYNAMExxx" style name. I think they look stupid.)

It's probably time for STS to get a little more aggressive with expiring characters that haven't been active to free up some names back into circulation. I like the way one game I played did it: you get to keep your character for some time period relative to level without logging in, (e.g. 1 week per level) or else it's gone. So a L1 would have to log in once a week to stay alive, but a L76 would have close to two years. If STS just harvested the long-abandoned characters, I bet it would make getting a decent name a whole lot easier.

Bunnyshoota
04-22-2013, 03:25 PM

They stopped giving out names. That's why there's all these people selling

Phoenixking
04-22-2013, 03:29 PM
They stopped giving out names. That's why there's all these people selling
There's people that sold before sts even gave names, when sts gave names it boosted this idea more

Nihiliste
04-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I find it distasteful how so many people abuse Sts kindness. I personally feel they deserve to be banned.

Lol Jc, I see your sig now.