PDA

View Full Version : Old map?

Xvanitykingx
04-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Why does everyone care so much that the new lvl cap bring a whole new map style? Isn't it enough that you just get to play? Enjoy the wonderful technologically created game that you people that complain so much, can't even create?

I don't see what all the fuss is about. To me, as long as the game stays up and running, I'll play!

Alhuntrazeck
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
exactly :D I've tried my hand at game developing (simple ones), and its hard and takes a lot of work. be grateful that STS took the time to make a ftp game with IAP.

DocDoBig
04-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Lol i programmed Snake with Windows Forms once, pretty darn tricky.
I can't even imagine how many millions of code lines each Legend has. ;)

Limsi
04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Lol i programmed Snake with Windows Forms once, pretty darn tricky.
I can't even imagine how many millions of code lines each Legend has. ;)

OOP is the key. Bah but I know you're exaggerating with the "millions". Kudos to the team!

Alhuntrazeck
04-22-2013, 01:56 AM
yeahbsolutely. they done so well for a small group (that's wat they say) its simply incredible. I've made a little game with game maker and dang it's hard.

Wowsome
04-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Agreed :)

Also, a lot of classes (e.g. towns, maps, NPCs, players ..) must be completely or partially re-usable across the Legends titles. Another set of classes (e.g. pets, gears ..) must be re-usable across AL expansions. So, I would imagine a big chunk of their time goes into art work, and testing out things for balance.

Aside for interested -- I guess Native Client (https://developers.google.com/native-client/) is used, atleast for the Chrome App (you may have noticed the naclXXX packages during upgrades and patches). It is pretty cool.

Cheers, STS!

DocDoBig
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
OOP is the key. Bah but I know you're exaggerating with the "millions". Kudos to the team!

Yeah probably... ;)
but at least 100k lines of code or so ... my guess.

Cremated
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
All i do is create basic android apps but what can i say? Must take ages to make a game with such designing and programming.

xcainnblecterx
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Changing skins/mesh designs isnt that hard. For the rest that is new yes it is. I messed around with creating crap

modredd
04-22-2013, 08:56 PM
for someone like myself this new layout is a disaster I took two months off because of personal reasons I come back I don't know which area to go it doesn't give the level required, It goes in two different directions?
I don't know how to unlock what I need to do next,its a menagerie!

Afterglow
04-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Why does everyone care so much that the new lvl cap bring a whole new map style? Isn't it enough that you just get to play? Enjoy the wonderful technologically created game that you people that complain so much, can't even create?

I don't see what all the fuss is about. To me, as long as the game stays up and running, I'll play!

Perfect ........Game development!. Its very complex process and needs a very broad range of skills. Passion and love for games is inarguably necessary. Thanks to STS's team for these beautiful games.

leslietheone
06-09-2017, 05:44 PM

With the power that I have received, I shall awake this thread one again!!

Even back in 2013 people were greedy, but it looks like people are just blood thirsty now.

mrm
06-09-2017, 06:05 PM
I actually wander if he still plays😂

Visiting
06-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Everyone necro'ing threads today :^(

Ilovearrows
06-09-2017, 06:23 PM
With the power that I have received, I shall awake this thread one again!!

Even back in 2013 people were greedy, but it looks like people are just blood thirsty now.
Stop nekroing threads il slap you

Xvanitykingx
08-28-2017, 09:12 PM
I actually wander if he still plays

I still do sir :)

Rarely now, but I still do get on once in a while.

I'm actually thinking of coming back and even reviving The Communiry Guild, if anyone still remembers what we're about or were about at least...

and yes I just necro'd my own thread from 4 years ago xD

Avaree
08-31-2017, 05:29 AM
I still do sir :)

Rarely now, but I still do get on once in a while.

I'm actually thinking of coming back and even reviving The Communiry Guild, if anyone still remembers what we're about or were about at least...

and yes I just necro'd my own thread from 4 years ago xD

YOLO! Hope to see TCG running thru Arlor soon!!
& I remember :)

Sceokascec
08-31-2017, 06:05 AM
Al is wonderful game I am game started game developer and I know it is hard to create I created some games in unity and I am 3d designer too I am creating many things in Maya so I know how hard it is to create something like this and I think STS should create some events like Halloween event is coming so they wrote on forums that best 3d model of lb banner will win 3-5m gold. And they don't need to create banner they own and community will be happy and STS too.

giaracib
08-31-2017, 06:26 AM
Such a lovely thread:3.
Thanks to whom ever revived it!!

Xvanitykingx
08-31-2017, 07:35 AM
YOLO! Hope to see TCG running thru Arlor soon!!
& I remember :)
We'll be around all titles soon enough :)

I'll start up a recruitment thread sometime this week.

Avaree
08-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Yay!!
Wb then!
(: