PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the "getting hit outside red areas from Bosses" in Nordr

Linkincena
04-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Request to Devs.. please see into it...
A similar thread is already there... but still I created this new thread ... cos people quit playing with boss in b/w cos of this...
Thanks
Cena

LVL 31 Sorcerer

inkredible
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah it happened a few times with frostir
My warrior had full hp 4500 - drained it lmao

Mysticaleagle
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
That's why I did get my deaths. Ice patch didn't let me move, and I wasn't even in the red circle and boom, died. Fake deaths, since it's their fault. I demand a -4. :)

Jellowpy
04-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Experiencing this too since iam always try to be aware on where iam if boss makes his move and always at awe that i die even if iam wayy out of red circle

marshmallow
04-22-2013, 10:49 PM
spam hp pots to be sure and you'll be fine.. for a warrior that is.

Mysticaleagle
04-23-2013, 01:44 AM
spam hp pots to be sure and you'll be fine.. for a warrior that is.

Lol warrior.

I was level 30 nearly 31 rogue with 60000 kills no death, I know how it works, but their bug made me die.

falmear
04-23-2013, 03:25 PM
It seems like they aren't going to do anything about this problem as I predicted. Since there are several threads on this, and one where I have a video showing the problem. I guess this is a good way for them to make more platinum because the maps take so long to run back to you need to use regen not to miss your drop. A lot of people are not playing the new maps because of this issue. I wish there was at least some acknowledgement of this bug.

Pandamoni
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
It seems like they aren't going to do anything about this problem as I predicted. Since there are several threads on this, and one where I have a video showing the problem. I guess this is a good way for them to make more platinum because the maps take so long to run back to you need to use regen not to miss your drop. A lot of people are not playing the new maps because of this issue. I wish there was at least some acknowledgement of this bug.

Unfortunately it does appear that way, doesn't it? Bummer.

Samhayne
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
There are some additional refinements for Nordr Boss warning cones and hit areas coming in the next update. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Natrich
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah it happened a few times with frostir
My warrior had full hp 4500 - drained it lmao

Same, if frostir gets lucky he kills me at full hp & over 1400 armor

Pandamoni
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
There are some additional refinements for Nordr Boss warning cones and hit areas coming in the next update. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for acknowledging there is an issue here. :)

Orpheus272
04-29-2013, 05:57 AM
Lol, now i know why my heroes died when fighting nord bosses for no reason:) sneaked up on boss from far behind to become sniper but failed lmao

falmear
05-04-2013, 05:17 PM

There hasnt been anything done on this. I still get hit way outside of the red zone. You said the next update yet we have had several and I am still seeing the same problem. Are you planning on fixing this or not?

Silverpegasus
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM

IT IS NOT FIXED YET! Frostir still did his "secretive" instant death attack. I have fire bug elix, armor elix and koko pet (weaken damage), that's a lot of armor! He killed me in a single shot about 2200, not a crit. And I have the best armor for my level (lv. 27). And there is no red area. I'm not even near.

I tried this about 5 times yesterday. always did that when his hp around 1/4 or less. So frustrating!

shadow90
05-05-2013, 01:08 AM
So i wasn't the only one? o.o
I meant by dying in the "no red" area...

Limsi
05-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Frostir was chasing me, then he plunged right at me without a warning - 5432 damage. Please look into this :)

abrai
05-05-2013, 03:56 AM
Frostir was chasing me, then he plunged right at me without a warning - 5432 damage. Please look into this :)

I noticed that. Few seconds later, I died. I was no longer in his red zone. Full HP warrior, dead.

Thanks Sam!

Limsi
05-05-2013, 03:58 AM
I noticed that. Few seconds later, I died. I was no longer in his red zone. Full HP warrior, dead.

Thanks Sam!

yup yup abrai :) Noticed it when we were doing runs

katish
05-05-2013, 04:51 PM
This is very very frustrating. The last 3 bosses need adjusting

- the spider pulls you in from the other side of the room.
- frostir's attack reaches way outside the red zone and c'mom, really, why does it have to be instakill? Where is the fun in that?
- don't even get me started with grimnr - I cant even handle him in normal mode

So yes, some kind of feedback would be nice.

Greencrow
05-06-2013, 01:25 AM
FROSTIR! That red cone!

Silverpegasus
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
I am ok with all other bosses in Normal mode for Nordr, though they are relatively hard compared to others map as they have insane HP and armor and damage to top it all. I am able to solo Grimnr and all others, but Frostir case is impossible. I did him on warrior last time, but it dont resets after he one hit me, but now he just keep resetting!

Even when i purchase the instant rev at spot plats, right after I die, he still resets =(

He do a quick normal attack that kills me instantly, with a surprising range for a warrior class.
This should not be the case for normal map. If those on the leaderboards and best gears get one shotted, how is a normal player like me ever have a chance?

At the very least, can you make the portal for next map open so I can run right through it and forget about that nightmare until it is nerfed.

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
It hasn't been fixed fought frostbite and it was facing away from me and somehow pulled me to it but i survived and it did it again when i was well out of its range.

Then I went on to fight frostnir in elite it
was one of the most frustrating and
annoying battles since it always seemed to hit me, at one point it was against the wall near the exit and i was near the middle well out of its range and the it attacked and i died. Even when they don't one shot it deals heavy damage and freezes and stuns me.

Please fix it

wvhills
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
this still needs addressed guys. it's a major bug. please give it some attention.

JaytB
05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
this still needs addressed guys. it's a major bug. please give it some attention.

Devs said it probably has to do with lag. Basically, the server is right, your client (and what you see) is wrong.

Still hope they'll tweak it though, it's getting ridiculous when everyone in your party is getting killed while clearly being outside the red areas. Does everyone have a bad Internet connection? Seems weird to me.

Asahetek
05-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Lol i don't think so and with so many players experiencing it i think their answer is bs and one time he ran towards the wall near the exit and i moved to center of the room well outside his red ring of death hitting him with arrows and he did his attack and i died instantly which made no sense.

Also what frostbite and it's magical spider web which can pull you in towards it in any direction no matter where you are.

My pings normally around 90-300 so it's not lag

Otawaazavie
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
No way it's a high latency issue because: 1.It always happens when player is inside the cone and manages to get out when red flash dissapears. 2. It doesn't happen when player is near the boss hitting him and ignores the red warning cone. 3. It doesn't happen against other bosses for example woods' boss or kraken bosses. Also I have observed that when it happens I'm twice frozen i.e. two frost unbuff icons @.@

Rare
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I can say with a fair amount of confidence that it has nothing to do with lag. As my ping at home when I'm on my tab generally never goes about 200 (always green).

I have been one shotted well outside the red zones. Also, as others have mentioned, getting pulled in and one shot when standing behind frostbit the entire time.

Its not lag. My best suggestion for the developers is to try it out.

Otawaazavie also makes a great point. If it were lag, the same thing would happen with Kraken bosses. Or any other boss for that matter. Or even mobs. It does not.

Asahetek
05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
One did but still says it's the server and that we weren't out of the zone..... This getting very frustrating what kind of proof do they need, because i don't buy their excuse for a second.

wvhills
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
this still next fixed. do devs read these?

Asahetek
05-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah but they keep saying what we see is wrong and the server is right, whatever sigh reminds me of when we try to bring up issues with ping spikes and lag problems.

Again still doesn't explain frostbite magical spider web pulling people towards it no matter where we are.

tootallll
05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Saw frostir layout a warrior several times with 8,500 crit hits...yikes, bad day...ridiculous

Jellowpy
05-10-2013, 10:58 AM
More death = more plat resu

Asahetek
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Still haven't addressed this issue and people are still getting hit outside of the redzone or getting one hit ko'ed suddenly.

I was using frost and escaped the red zone by quite a bit but i still died any way. Frostbite still pulls everything towards it and almost always one hits you.

Pfurz
05-13-2013, 09:09 AM
All warriors complain about. what should we mages say. I wonder if developers ever tried these bosses as a sorcerer.

Asahetek
05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Meh looks like frostnir is still hitting people outside of the zone even if you escape or not in it.

Eversor
05-15-2013, 06:11 PM
This stuff is definitely still not fixed. I can be standing next to Frostbite's hind legs and get pulled in with his axe throw ability. Also, his ice patches do not go where the indicator shows all the time.

katish
05-16-2013, 07:37 AM
It's been about 2 weeks now since STS last acknowledged this bug... We've had several updates since then and while those were great and much appreciated, this issue still needs addresing.

Personally I'm very frustrated with the lack of feedback on this, clearly something that bothers so many of us.

thank you

drgrimmy
05-16-2013, 11:42 AM
I agree, bosses still very annoying, but I don't think the problem is entirely straightforward.

1) To be fair to the developers I think there is a component of lag that contributes to the problem, but this in not the entire problem. Especially with Frostnir, I notice that if I leave the red area 1-2 seconds before the attack I am fine, but if I just barely make it out of the red area right before the attack I will frequently get hit. I think this does have to do with "lag."

2) It is not always clear to me if it is a special attack or if it is a critical regular attack from the bosses which one shot kills me. Again with Frostnir it appears as though it is not a special attack (eg with the red warning area) but instead a critical regular attack that often kills me as I have many times died from a one shot with full health when there has not been a red warning area. Of course I am a whimpy mage, but this is with a full defensive build with over 3000 health and 850 armor. I don't think any character, especially a fully geared one, should be one shotted by a regular attack from a boss even if it is a critical.

3) Frostbite still often pulls me in and one shot kills me when I am standing either to the side of or behind him. Again, no where near a red warning area, and sometimes when there has not even been a red warning area. Is the axe throw ability of Frostbite a special attack with a red warning indicator, or it it just a regular attack? Again, as with Frostnir, perhaps it is just a critical regular attack that is one shot killing me? I am usually very good at avoiding the red areas, especially with this boss.

4) Can you do something about dying immediately after plat revive? I am not shy about using plat revive, and I believe this is a pretty good revenue source for you guys, but I don't know how much more I will be using it if I die immediately after I use it. Yesterday, while fighting Frostnir, I died (no big suprise), and went on to use plat revive and died immediately, twice in a row! Again, not reasonable for any boss to one shot a fully geared player three times in a row in a matter of 3-5 seconds (again: mage, mythic gun, lvl31 noble "of security" or "of will" sets, with defensive str and armor rings and orion - running over 3000 health and over 850 armor). And this is not an isolated incident or the first time this has happened to me.

I am not writing all of this just to complain. I love tough bosses. In the first season I loved the challenge of the elite bosses in the gold mine and in rooks nest before the nerf when it took 30-60min to kill and required some strategy. Unfortuntely, the current bosses are just not fun the way they are. They are not bosses that really require any degree of skill or strategy to kill. You just have to be lucky not to be one shot killed by some random attack that you have no way of avoiding. Please fix to make these bosses fun to play, otherwise you are shooting yourselves in the foot. I have been playing this game almost every day from day one and I have seen many good players and close friends leave due to lack of attention to important details like this. Again, please fix!

abrai
05-16-2013, 01:38 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/208789-1/Car-theft-glitch-hax.gif
Annoying bug, it is.

stackz
05-16-2013, 04:02 PM
More death = more plat resu

This. Sts is making bank off ppl having to Res in order to get credit for the kill. The wars can tank it out but rogue/sorc has no chance at the big hits last quarter of HP for boss. Splat left/right. Then if u try to run back the boss is either dead and no credit or reset after others die/leave. Only way to beat bosses is to beg guildies...lol...or buy plat and Res at last sec and run to edge of screen and hope the wide impact bug doesn't kill u again. Game just isn't fun anymore for anyone aside from plat decked players or uber tank wars.

U simply cannot get a group of RANDOMS to fight a boss with u for credit. Those days are GONE if bosses stay like this in regular mode. I had to wait until nordr came out and I fled both my rogue and sorc to 28ish before I completed kraken isles and 30 to get all nordr up to grimnr done. Still can't gert anyone to help lol. Doomed. Had to spend plat on fro stir and wolf to spawn at last second for credit. I'm done doing it their way. I will just merchant now/then and beat last campaign after lvling thru new ones. Rinse/repeat. Not spending another dime of my real money on it after I'm out this time. Greed has gotten the company far as I'm concerned.

Its funny u can't even find nordr boss guides...why? Cause its useless to try with their horrid attacks and out of range kill attacks and one hits.

My guide for grimnr = don't fight until lvld next expansion unless u r a decked war with guildies. Done, if u must fight....when he goes red run away and let him reset then rinse/repeat until thoroughly exhausted and turn off game. Done

abrai
05-16-2013, 04:17 PM
This. Sts is making bank off ppl having to Res in order to get credit for the kill. The wars can tank it out but rogue/sorc has no chance at the big hits last quarter of HP for boss. Splat left/right. Then if u try to run back the boss is either dead and no credit or reset after others die/leave. Only way to beat bosses is to beg guildies...lol...or buy plat and Res at last sec and run to edge of screen and hope the wide impact bug doesn't kill u again. Game just isn't fun anymore for anyone aside from plat decked players or uber tank wars.

U simply cannot get a group of RANDOMS to fight a boss with u for credit. Those days are GONE if bosses stay like this in regular mode. I had to wait until nordr came out and I fled both my rogue and sorc to 28ish before I completed kraken isles and 30 to get all nordr up to grimnr done. Still can't gert anyone to help lol. Doomed. Had to spend plat on fro stir and wolf to spawn at last second for credit. I'm done doing it their way. I will just merchant now/then and beat last campaign after lvling thru new ones. Rinse/repeat. Not spending another dime of my real money on it after I'm out this time. Greed has gotten the company far as I'm concerned.

Its funny u can't even find nordr boss guides...why? Cause its useless to try with their horrid attacks and out of range kill attacks and one hits.

My guide for grimnr = don't fight until lvld next expansion unless u r a decked war with guildies. Done, if u must fight....when he goes red run away and let him reset then rinse/repeat until thoroughly exhausted and turn off game. Done

There's a guide about nordr bosses but it's for tanks though on warriors discussion sub-forum.

stackz
05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
There's a guide about nordr bosses but it's for tanks though on warriors discussion sub-forum.

Yeah I know. Mine for rogues and smurfs lol. Run...just run.

Asahetek
05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I really don't understand stand why they haven't addressed this issue yet, it's been a few weeks and a lot of people have complained about it on and off the forums but they don't seem to care or want to acknowledge it which isn't to surprising i guess.

Their attitude on this seems like the one we get when we try to bring up the issues with lag that have been plaguing their games forever but they always say it's mainly a problem on our end and for this issue they say it's a latency issue and a server one and that what we see is wrong and the server is right.

I strongly disagree with that due to the number of people talking about it and the fact it only seems to be happening with the nordr bosses.

Also lately it's been hard enough as it is to find a party willing to stay and fight them which usually ends up with you having to solo them but these glitches make it extremely frustrating to do so since if you die the boss will reset.

Please sts fix this issue, it's not a ping or latency issue, nor a server error because it only seems to affect the nordr bosses.

stackz
05-17-2013, 06:01 PM
They want fix it cause ppl Utah boss to 10% and desperate for achievement so they pay to respawn..only to die again and stop...only to try again.

Of course when u r the dev and hooked to the server u see no lag lol. Easy to blame ppl connection. They need to get their butts to notes around country/world and try to play with a subparmcharacter profile and experience the horror first hand is what needs to happen...Verizon guy did it...can u hear me now? Why can't they?

falmear
05-17-2013, 06:14 PM
The way to fix this is not to make the red zone so large and the bosses attack after the red zone a bit slower. Because a race between you and the server, the server will always win. So you can say its lag or this is just how it is. But in reality, its the way you implement things because there will always be network latency when you have a network game. I wonder if they only test this on their local LAN and say everything is fine. I don't play much over a cellular network, but I can imagine this problem is much worse. So you need some kind of consideration for this. What is really amusing I can sit right on the edge of the red zone where it kind of looks like I am standing inside of it and not be hit. But if I get trapped inside of it, run way outside, I am almost always hit. The time between the red zone appearing and the boss attack is pretty fast. My guess in the next release they will not show these red zones so people can't tell so there is less complaining.

Eversor
05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Well on Frostir I could maybe see lag being related to the problem but on Frostbite it is definitely something else. I can be standing to the side of his hind legs before he even charges the attack and the whole time it is charging (not even close to being inside the cone) and yet I can still be pulled or have an ice patch dropped in my lap.

Asahetek
05-18-2013, 03:03 AM
I agree with you on the frostbite thing and that it's definitely pulling people out of its range but it's not as bad as it used to be. I disagree with you on the frostnir one because i checked my ping before, and during the fight and stayed in the green.

Lol actually my ping went down during the battle.

Didn't get get hit out of the zone that one but it did happen the run after and my ping was green and i checked it when i respawned and was 169 so again i don't think it is lag nor a server issue, and if it was the case then why aren't the other bosses having these issues, and why are they only happening when you are in the zone but escape it and are a fair distance away from it also i can be in the zone and not get hit.

Asahetek
05-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Still can't believe that sts still hasn't fixed this yet i mean come on it's been a few weeks or more and players have brought this to your attention and yet frostbite still pulls from you in well out of it's range and frostir is still hitting and one hit ko'ed people outside of his zone.

drgrimmy
05-20-2013, 09:03 PM
The way to fix this is not to make the red zone so large and the bosses attack after the red zone a bit slower. Because a race between you and the server, the server will always win. So you can say its lag or this is just how it is. But in reality, its the way you implement things because there will always be network latency when you have a network game. I wonder if they only test this on their local LAN and say everything is fine. I don't play much over a cellular network, but I can imagine this problem is much worse. So you need some kind of consideration for this. What is really amusing I can sit right on the edge of the red zone where it kind of looks like I am standing inside of it and not be hit. But if I get trapped inside of it, run way outside, I am almost always hit. The time between the red zone appearing and the boss attack is pretty fast. My guess in the next release they will not show these red zones so people can't tell so there is less complaining.

I agree with this the most in terms of Frostnir. You got to run out of the red zone really early or else you will still get hit even if it looks like you make it out of the red zone in time. I think an excellent solution is to build in more delay between when the red zone disappears and when the boss actually attacks.

In terms of Frostbite, it seems as though it is a different issue. He is still doing an axe throw like skill and pulling you in even if you are on the side or behind him. Maybe related to how the red zone used to spin around Frostbite before he actually attacked before they "fixed" this...

Asahetek
05-20-2013, 10:56 PM
No frostir is definitely hitting out of his zone even if you escape (with a speed elixer or frost 15% movement speed boost) it by a wide margin and he seems to hit harder in normal maps than in elite which is kinda odd.

Frostbite pulls when you are on the side of him, by it's hind legs, or way in front of his attack range.

Would take screen shots but is kinda difficult to do so while in combat.